So I am stuck in a rut. I am 85% of the time in the playoffs in the Leagues I am in (6 out the last 6) Now the playoffs aren't over yet in some of them but I always seem to struggle during the playoffs. I often am the number one seed and then get routed in the first round I am in. Is this just bad luck on my part or is there something I can do to influence my playoff success? I have won two championships, but with all the playoffs I am in I thought maybe I would have more by now. Maybe these leagues are just that competitive? I don't know. Any advice would be awesome!!
9/13/2017 3:32 PM
I've always been free with team building advice but generally keep coaching advice private. The one thing I will tell you that you may already be doing (but might not) is that you can really, really push your players' minutes if you get that first round bye. If you're not bumping guys' playing time by about 10% (so, playing a 40mpg guy to 44 minutes on the depth chart; 30mpg to 33, etc), then you should.

Another thing is that I tend to not go overboard on coach settings during the regular season, but in the playoffs, I'll pay more attention to the matchup and adjust things more. I know several other owners who do the same, so that is another thing.

Then there's the underlying issue that 7 games is not enough to establish anything close to normalization, and the better team therefore does not always win. The obviously superior team almost always does, but if it's close, well, good luck.
9/13/2017 4:22 PM
I appreciate the input! So it has more to do with coaching. I'll experiment more with my choices then maybe. Thanks ash.
9/14/2017 6:55 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.