I've had some decent recruiting success in D3 but I'm struggling since moving up to D2. I'd like to go over my recruiting strategy and see what I'm doing wrong. I'm not sure if my school(UNA) has had enough sustained success yet to be able to hang on to top recruits. Any feedback from you guys would be very appreciated.
9/13/2017 9:16 PM
I would be happy to try and answer any questions or offer any pointers you want.
9/13/2017 9:45 PM
D2 recruiting is sort of a three layer cake:

Lowest layer: low vision = battling SIMs. This is actually pretty easy because you know its just SIMs. Not many head to head battles.
Middle layer: improved vision = mix of SIMs and Humans. This is the toughest....the top 5-25 coaches will also be seeing the same guys and you will have to be good to get a good class. If you go after SIMs, expect some good humans to be also looking at them. If you go after humans, expect a battle.
Highest layer: good to great vision. Here it is mostly humans and starts with a lot of undecideds. Lots of human battles, but also lots of fallbacks to choose from. It gets much easier at this level.

For specifics on how to do recruiting look at the pinned thread about how to approach the task of recruiting.
9/17/2017 8:17 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.