Round 2 Themes, 2017 Topic

an in the $90 mil theme...are we removing most expensive real life or WIS players?
10/13/2017 2:18 PM
Posted by frank_drebin on 10/13/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
an in the $90 mil theme...are we removing most expensive real life or WIS players?
Most expensive based on WIS salaries
10/13/2017 2:26 PM
Posted by rbow923 on 10/12/2017 8:14:00 PM (view original):
$255m Divisions aligned by group. Are leagues aligned by group too or random?

oh, and other than the draft I'm not even looking at roosters until after the update. even though that came back to haunt me last year.
EDIT: I was going to edit my typo "rooster" but it's funnier to leave it.
Just saw this - Good question. We will go with the same format used for the Six Drafts league a few years ago. Group 6 will be the NL East... Group 1 will be the AL West
10/13/2017 2:37 PM

$80M: The Chain

• Each player you use (unused teammates are irrelevant) must appear on the same real life roster (team and year) of two (and only two) other players on your team

The way I am interpreting it is that say you choose 3 players from the 1930 Yankees - players A, B and C - using different seasons for each. You need B and C to meet the real life teammate requirement for A. But by meeting that requirement for A, the requirement is already met for B and C also so neither can be real life teammates of D or E or any other player. So D has to be real life teammates with E and F and then the 2 and only 2 teammate requirement is met so you move to G, H and I and so on through V, W and X. So the 2 and only 2 other teammates requirement basically means you have to choose players in groups of 3 but 8 groups of 3 only gets you to 24 players. I don't see any way how the 25th man on the roster could be real life teammates with any other player on the roster since every other player already has 2 real life teammates and can't have any more.

I am sure I must be interpreting this incorrectly so can you please clarify how this requirement works. Thanks.
10/13/2017 5:45 PM
You start with Player A. You twist one of Player A's teammates (Player B) from the season you use of Player A. Then you twist one of Player B's teammates (player C) from the season you use of Player B. You repeat this until you have 25 players.
10/13/2017 5:55 PM
I think how it works is:

1. Pick Player A.
2. Pick a teammate of A (let's call him Player B).
3. Twist B to a subsequent season.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you finally get to Player Y.
5. Finally, for your team to be valid, any player can only be a teammate of an adjoining letter (i.e. A can only be a teammate of B, B is only a teammate of A and C, all the way to Player Y is only a teammate of X).
10/13/2017 6:11 PM
Posted by buddhagamer on 10/13/2017 6:11:00 PM (view original):
I think how it works is:

1. Pick Player A.
2. Pick a teammate of A (let's call him Player B).
3. Twist B to a subsequent season.
4. Repeat steps 2 and 3 until you finally get to Player Y.
5. Finally, for your team to be valid, any player can only be a teammate of an adjoining letter (i.e. A can only be a teammate of B, B is only a teammate of A and C, all the way to Player Y is only a teammate of X).
This is correct.
10/13/2017 6:18 PM
Oh this is helpful. I had misread things. I thought you took a later season by player A, and found someone from that team. But that's not right. Good to know.
10/13/2017 6:31 PM
It’s interesting to see how many ways something can be read by different people
10/13/2017 6:59 PM
So that means when I pick player D, I have to make sure he was never a teammate of players A & B? When I pick player E, he can never have been a teammate of players A, B, C? Etc? This theme alone may take me 5 weeks.
10/13/2017 7:12 PM
Posted by schwarze on 10/13/2017 7:12:00 PM (view original):
So that means when I pick player D, I have to make sure he was never a teammate of players A & B? When I pick player E, he can never have been a teammate of players A, B, C? Etc? This theme alone may take me 5 weeks.
For the seasons you are using.

If Player A played with Player D on a team other than one of your chosen teams (based on the players you select), then it does not matter.
10/13/2017 7:16 PM
I did not realize this either. I suspect we could use a restatement of the rules.
10/13/2017 7:23 PM
I added some additional language to buddha's post and updated page 1.
10/13/2017 7:33 PM
This is helpful. Thanks!
10/13/2017 7:34 PM
Makes sense now.
10/13/2017 9:20 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7|8|9...12 Next ▸
Round 2 Themes, 2017 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.