NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE Topic

This is a tricky one, and could be very interesting. Definitely going to be some new blood on the rosters. I hope.

Choose an EXCLUSIVE franchise. Draft any player that played for that franchise... THAT WAS NOT TRADED! The player could be signed as a free agent acquisition, HOWEVER, no traded players allowed. Hence, the name of the league.

CLARIFICATION: The players were NOT traded TO or AWAY from your franchise. And no twisting. So, if you choose the Rangers, and want Gretzky, you will only be able to use his NYR seasons. Sorry! And if you choose Edmonton, sorry... No Gretzky!

No clones. No PI. No MLers. NO TRADES. No WW. No INJ or SUS.

CAP - TBD (as high as necessary)
9/18/2017 12:53 PM (edited)

Modern Era Only: 1969 - present

1. eicheltower - Pittsburgh Pengiuns
2. kiteport - Quebec Nordiques/Colorado Avalanche
3. donaldjl - Detroit Red Wings
4. bb_icetime - Montreal Canadiens
5. dairn - New York Islanders
6. lupah99 - Chicago Blackhawks
7. whalers10 - Boston Bruins
9/24/2017 6:19 PM (edited)
Beyond the obvious, this is going to be a tough draft. Love it!

Pittsburgh Penguins please.
9/18/2017 1:00 PM
Canadiens
9/18/2017 3:32 PM
I'll take the Islanders. Thanks!
9/19/2017 12:44 AM
Put me down for the Red Wings, please.
9/19/2017 9:45 AM
Thanks gents.
9/19/2017 12:01 PM
I made a slight change (or major) - Modern Era only player from 1969 - present. Make it fair for the newer franchises.
9/19/2017 12:21 PM
I think I will allow franchises from 1990 to present to only have half their roster be No Movement players and the other half twists, since they are handicapped with talent.

Any objections?
9/19/2017 12:35 PM
Posted by bb_icetime on 9/20/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Have a question. If a player was traded at anytime in his career, regardless if it was to or from your franchise, is he ineligible for your franchise? Or is it only players that were traded to or from your franchise that are ineligible? Example: Player A was traded from Team B to Team C but later left Team C via free agency to sign with your franchise. Is he eligible for your franchise? The same thing if Player A left your franchise via free agency to sign with Team B and was later traded to Team C.. Is he eligible for your franchise?
Pretty sure a player is eligible (otherwise Kite's example of Gretzky would be invalid).
9/20/2017 11:40 AM
Posted by dairn on 9/20/2017 11:40:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bb_icetime on 9/20/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Have a question. If a player was traded at anytime in his career, regardless if it was to or from your franchise, is he ineligible for your franchise? Or is it only players that were traded to or from your franchise that are ineligible? Example: Player A was traded from Team B to Team C but later left Team C via free agency to sign with your franchise. Is he eligible for your franchise? The same thing if Player A left your franchise via free agency to sign with Team B and was later traded to Team C.. Is he eligible for your franchise?
Pretty sure a player is eligible (otherwise Kite's example of Gretzky would be invalid).
Part One - Any player traded TO or AWAY from your selected franchise is blacklisted for your franchises (e.g. Edmonton Oilers cannot use Wayne Gretzky because he was traded AWAY to Los Angeles Kings.

Part Two - Any player that joined your franchise via free agency is available to your franchise. If that players was later traded by your franchise, then he is blacklisted from your franchise (e.g. Thomas Vanek signed by the Detroit Red Wings then traded to Florida Panthers. Neither franchise can use that player)

Hope that helps!
9/20/2017 12:24 PM
I'll take Chicago
9/20/2017 7:34 PM
Boston
9/24/2017 5:12 PM
BUMP. (Check it out guys... bit of a challenge!)
9/27/2017 11:47 AM
This is a challenge. Unfortunately, the SIM has changed in the past 5 years and owners don't like these types of drafts. I guess they want all the goodies and trimmings, instead of enjoying something different.

Or there's just no one on this site anymore.
9/27/2017 4:12 PM
12 Next ▸
NO MOVEMENT CLAUSE Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.