Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Posted by MikeT23 on 9/20/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
We talk realism all the time. There's no restrictions on D3 W Conn State talking to the 122nd ranked PG in the real world. Pretty much a waste of time but they could. And, if D1/D2 teams show any interest in the same guy in HD before the end of RS2, it's a waste of time in HD. But they don't. Then we have these discussions.

In my mind, I feel like those who say "Restrict recruiting levels" are really just asking for 30 worlds instead of 10. Which would be fine and ties PERFECTLY into this thread. Everyone would be eligible for D1 schools right from the get go.
I agree I'd be down for D2 and D3 to contact all recruits at anytime. The only other thing you could do is make the difference from D1 and D2 and D3 contacting a recruit wider. I'd say that D2 should be able to snag a recruit from a D D1 school but D3 should never be able to beat D1. D2 and D3 could be closer but an A+ D2 school should be able to destroy an A+ D3 school for a recruit.

I like D1 the most and would have no problem with D2 and D3 contacting recruits and signing them at anytime during the process in any period. With the budget I have, realistically I shouldn't lose a good recruit or let one slip through because I didn't pay attention. That's on me at that point.

Lastly the only other thing you could do is make it take longer for D2 and D3 to unlock things like a scholarship and visits. This would give you the feeling that recruits prefer and are more open to talking to D1 schools.
9/20/2017 12:35 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/20/2017 12:31:00 PM (view original):
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/20/2017 11:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by grimacedance on 9/20/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/20/2017 9:11:00 AM (view original):
Or just admit there's a learning curve. You have to know how high you can reach during recruiting.

A) It's a different world. Stands to reason the humans at the higher levels don't play the same as the humans at higher levels in other worlds. And there's a really good chance there's a different number of them at said levels.
B) If you're playing different sets, you have to know how high you can reach and learn what kind of players you're reaching for.
C) A and B apply to low level D1 as well. W.Carolina is not the same as UNC. Assuming somewhat similar resources, UNC will have the advantage.
"You have to know how high you can reach during recruiting." That is a 100% true statement. And every single HD player has learned that lesson the hard way during their career.

At D3, when you learn that lesson the hard way, it is pretty likely that you blew almost all of your scouting/recruiting budget in the process.

At low-level D1, when you learn that lesson the hard way, there is a decent chance that you have enough money left over to recover.
2.0 dampened this problem by making D1 players unrecruitable by D3s, leaving all the D3 teams on reasonably level sod.

Ah, the good old days, when obvious solutions to big problems were in place.
Yeah no kidding! Logic has no place around these parts though.
It's so weird when people think there's only one logical way to do things. Good thing the smart folks don't think that way!!
9/20/2017 12:36 PM
Or just admit there's a learning curve. You have to know how high you can reach during recruiting.

A) It's a different world. Stands to reason the humans at the higher levels don't play the same as the humans at higher levels in other worlds. And there's a really good chance there's a different number of them at said levels.
B) If you're playing different sets, you have to know how high you can reach and learn what kind of players you're reaching for.
C) A and B apply to low level D1 as well. W.Carolina is not the same as UNC. Assuming somewhat similar resources, UNC will have the advantage.
"You have to know how high you can reach during recruiting." That is a 100% true statement. And every single HD player has learned that lesson the hard way during their career.

At D3, when you learn that lesson the hard way, it is pretty likely that you blew almost all of your scouting/recruiting budget in the process.

At low-level D1, when you learn that lesson the hard way, there is a decent chance that you have enough money left over to recover.
2.0 dampened this problem by making D1 players unrecruitable by D3s, leaving all the D3 teams on reasonably level sod.

True.

Existing customers clearly rejected 3.0 in large numbers during the free-to-play, choose-any-level beta. It launched anyway, and it has proven to be a commercial failure.

Rolling back to 2.0 (perhaps keeping the snazzy design facelift) should be on the table.
9/20/2017 12:48 PM
Hey, Doctor B, let's split that atom.
Sounds good, Doctor A, how would we do it?
Well, Doc B, there's only one logical way.

10 minutes later.

****, Doc B, it didn't work. Obviously can't be done.
Have a good day, Doc A. I heard some dude was working on electricity but he could only think of one logical way. He can't harness it.
WTF? We don't have electricity and you're talking atom splitting? GTFO of my office!!!
9/20/2017 12:48 PM
Posted by kcsundevil on 9/20/2017 12:49:00 PM (view original):

True.

Existing customers clearly rejected 3.0 in large numbers during the free-to-play, choose-any-level beta. It launched anyway, and it has proven to be a commercial failure.

Rolling back to 2.0 (perhaps keeping the snazzy design facelift) should be on the table.
Populations are still looking pretty bad. Not long til we see a division with less than 50 teams.
9/20/2017 1:26 PM
Restrict the recruiting levels. Hate having to compete with the schools like the University of Kentucky for recruits.
9/20/2017 8:08 PM
Go play D1 and it's not a problem.
9/20/2017 11:03 PM
Yeah it will take me another 10+ seasons before I qualify for any of the D prestige D1 schools but thanks for that awful suggestion mike.
9/21/2017 8:32 AM
Posted by Benis on 9/20/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):

True.

Populations are still looking pretty bad. Not long til we see a division with less than 50 teams.
It's really sad. Wooden DI is pretty dilapidated. 27 open Big 6 schools. I think it was up to 34 or something a couple seasons ago. 5(!) Big 12 coaches as expressed discontent with the game and 2 said they are leaving for sure. Wooden DI could easily become the first DI with less than half of the Big 6 openings filled.
9/21/2017 8:49 AM
Posted by zagsrulez on 9/21/2017 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Yeah it will take me another 10+ seasons before I qualify for any of the D prestige D1 schools but thanks for that awful suggestion mike.
Just trying to help. It's not like you HAVE to recruit against Kentucky. I know I wouldn't. Kentucky wins every time. Recruiting against them with your D3 turd is kinda dumb.
9/21/2017 8:58 AM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/21/2017 8:49:00 AM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/20/2017 1:26:00 PM (view original):

True.

It's really sad. Wooden DI is pretty dilapidated. 27 open Big 6 schools. I think it was up to 34 or something a couple seasons ago. 5(!) Big 12 coaches as expressed discontent with the game and 2 said they are leaving for sure. Wooden DI could easily become the first DI with less than half of the Big 6 openings filled.
What is total D1 population in Wooden right now?
9/21/2017 9:24 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/21/2017 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zagsrulez on 9/21/2017 8:32:00 AM (view original):
Just trying to help. It's not like you HAVE to recruit against Kentucky. I know I wouldn't. Kentucky wins every time. Recruiting against them with your D3 turd is kinda dumb.
lolol. I DON'T want to recruit against Kentucky. I am still a little bitter about the UK coach running in and taking a player I was chasing about all by myself. The player was average D3 talent, nothing special. Definitely not good enough to be even sitting anywhere NEAR the UK bench. So I am hoping to be receiving a message from the player when he is cut in the next season or two :D.

UK and D3 are in two different stratospheres, I am just tired of seeing upper level D1 coaches "poaching" players who don't belong on their benches which in turns makes D3 coaches suffer. I have gotten better at gauging the talent level and steering away from players who will be targeted for upper divisions, but no amount of research can protect me from Big Six coaches who seem to think that recruiting the #500 PG will make their team more competitive.
9/21/2017 10:52 AM
Just giving you ****. I know you're still ****** about that player. But the point remains. If you reach too high, or maybe even not, D1 schools can snatch the player with little effort. Sucks but that's the game. Honestly, dumping D2/D3 isn't the worst idea. Or just opening up D1 to all and letting D2/D3 wither on the vine.
9/21/2017 11:45 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/21/2017 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Just giving you ****. I know you're still ****** about that player. But the point remains. If you reach too high, or maybe even not, D1 schools can snatch the player with little effort. Sucks but that's the game. Honestly, dumping D2/D3 isn't the worst idea. Or just opening up D1 to all and letting D2/D3 wither on the vine.
Honestly if they opened a new world with only D1 that would be kinda awesome. The last world population post I can find is 10/9/2016 where someone said wooden was sitting at 96/86/75 which equals to 257. The total amount of D1 available teams is 324 which makes 67 openings with wooden to an entire D1 world. I think that would be much more fun and engaging with all D1 vs the 3 divisions we have. Much more competitive across the board.
9/21/2017 3:46 PM
We're trying to fill D1 Rupp. It just takes so long to get there if you're starting from scratch.
9/21/2017 4:35 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...7 Next ▸
Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.