Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Posted by bagger288 on 9/21/2017 3:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/21/2017 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Just giving you ****. I know you're still ****** about that player. But the point remains. If you reach too high, or maybe even not, D1 schools can snatch the player with little effort. Sucks but that's the game. Honestly, dumping D2/D3 isn't the worst idea. Or just opening up D1 to all and letting D2/D3 wither on the vine.
Honestly if they opened a new world with only D1 that would be kinda awesome. The last world population post I can find is 10/9/2016 where someone said wooden was sitting at 96/86/75 which equals to 257. The total amount of D1 available teams is 324 which makes 67 openings with wooden to an entire D1 world. I think that would be much more fun and engaging with all D1 vs the 3 divisions we have. Much more competitive across the board.
I think trying to fill DI -- in any form -- with 3.0 the way it is right now is a case of "watch out what you ask for, you just might get it." Right now a lot of flaws with the recruiting and recruit generation engine are being hidden by 2/3 empty DIs. Do you enjoy rolling the dice on every single recruit? Well, get ready, if DI ever fills up. Of course, it's a hypothetical that will never come to pass, because 3.0 very clearly is not a good enough product to get enough newbies to come in and fill a DI.

On a similar note, I'm disappointed in the lack of action/communication thus far by seble. Easy, glaring issues remain unfixed.
9/21/2017 4:49 PM
I think you're wrong. EVERYONE isn't going to play "I have to have all top 100 players" because that's a losing proposition. If 19 users are on one player, 18 walk away with nothing. Might be a legit strategy to go after players 205 and 207 because it's just you and another user. Hit on both and suddenly you're a top 25 team when coupled with previous season's recruits.

3.0 is fine. The problem is 6-8 seasons to get to D1. Where you'll likely take a bad program and spend another 6-8 seasons hoping something better comes along.

seble said he was building a staff from the ground up. Takes time. Quit being so needy.
9/21/2017 5:20 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 9/21/2017 4:49:00 PM (view original):
Just giving you ****. I know you're still ****** about that player. But the point remains. If you reach too high, or maybe even not, D1 schools can snatch the player with little effort. Sucks but that's the game. Honestly, dumping D2/D3 isn't the worst idea. Or just opening up D1 to all and letting D2/D3 wither on the vine.
Honestly if they opened a new world with only D1 that would be kinda awesome. The last world population post I can find is 10/9/2016 where someone said wooden was sitting at 96/86/75 which equals to 257. The total amount of D1 available teams is 324 which makes 67 openings with wooden to an entire D1 world. I think that would be much more fun and engaging with all D1 vs the 3 divisions we have. Much more competitive across the board.
I think trying to fill DI -- in any form -- with 3.0 the way it is right now is a case of "watch out what you ask for, you just might get it." Right now a lot of flaws with the recruiting and recruit generation engine are being hidden by 2/3 empty DIs. Do you enjoy rolling the dice on every single recruit? Well, get ready, if DI ever fills up. Of course, it's a hypothetical that will never come to pass, because 3.0 very clearly is not a good enough product to get enough newbies to come in and fill a DI.

On a similar note, I'm disappointed in the lack of action/communication thus far by seble. Easy, glaring issues remain unfixed.
You're right. I think you explained it very well - be careful what you wish for.

I do think it'd be cool to have a world with 250+ D1 teams and I'd be interested in getting in on what bagger suggests. However, I really don't think 250 people would find the game enjoyable like that. As you say - you're going to be rolling quite a bit. But imagine rebuilding a D prestige team. You're not rolling for top talent. You're rolling for players that aren't good at all. So even when you win, it's not like you get THAT excited (yay this guy will reach 70 ATH!)

Also, I don't know how anyone would find any success running FB/press. Even just Press would be challenging due to required depth.

To sustain that many users at D1 you have to fix recruit generation.
9/21/2017 6:06 PM
Well, yeah, except you don't. You find a "new normal".

If a 70 spd/ath is pressing a 70 spd/ath, it's the same if they're both 90s. The "super teams" with 5 guys over 900(if such a thing exists) now becomes 5 guys over 750 with 1 over 900.
9/21/2017 6:16 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/21/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):

You're right. I think you explained it very well - be careful what you wish for.

I do think it'd be cool to have a world with 250+ D1 teams and I'd be interested in getting in on what bagger suggests. However, I really don't think 250 people would find the game enjoyable like that. As you say - you're going to be rolling quite a bit. But imagine rebuilding a D prestige team. You're not rolling for top talent. You're rolling for players that aren't good at all. So even when you win, it's not like you get THAT excited (yay this guy will reach 70 ATH!)

Also, I don't know how anyone would find any success running FB/press. Even just Press would be challenging due to required depth.

Have fun rolling for guys like this

That is a D1 player btw.
9/21/2017 6:26 PM
Yeah, because the player pool is different for every school.

Amirite?
9/21/2017 6:28 PM
How would they pick who gets to start at a big 6 school? No one wants to stuck at San Jose State!!!
9/21/2017 6:33 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/21/2017 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/21/2017 6:06:00 PM (view original):

Have fun rolling for guys like this

That is a D1 player btw.
I'm scouting for Tark right now.

Out of 200 players I have scouted to level 4 - 47 don't have minimum projections getting them to 50 defense.

So about 1/4 of the players I'm looking at will be poor defenders on even a D2 team.
9/21/2017 6:33 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/21/2017 6:28:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, because the player pool is different for every school.

Amirite?
But you're the only one in Tark with that problem.

Amirite?
9/21/2017 6:37 PM
Never said I was. Point being - for anyone that might have missed it - is that I don't think if there are 250 teams at D1, they're going to enjoy playing a game like that. Fighting over bad D1 players. You might as well just play D3 and have a shot to compete.

That's my opinion. 250 people wouldn't find that fun.
9/21/2017 6:40 PM
So you agree that a 90/90 guy going against a 90/90 guy is the same as a 70/70 guy going against a 70/70 guy?

As I said, you find a "new normal". Had this argument for several years in HBD. 'mo better isn't a solution. Adjusting your gameplay and expectations is.
9/21/2017 6:46 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/21/2017 6:40:00 PM (view original):
Never said I was. Point being - for anyone that might have missed it - is that I don't think if there are 250 teams at D1, they're going to enjoy playing a game like that. Fighting over bad D1 players. You might as well just play D3 and have a shot to compete.

I am a very competitive person and competing against 250 in D1 sounds incredible. Everyone told me when I looked for my first D1 school to not take a D school. So I took Nicholls St at D and built them to the best of my new user ability. If someone tells me it is going to be competitive and hard then im all in... At the end of the day all the users that constantly complain are afraid to compete and lose. If you are afraid to compete and lose then obviously 3.0 is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game.
9/21/2017 6:53 PM (edited)
Posted by bagger288 on 9/21/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):

I am a very competitive person and competing against 250 in D1 sounds incredible. Everyone told me when I looked for my first D1 school to not take a D school. So I took Nicholls St at D and built them to the best of my new user ability. If someone tells me it is going to be competitive and hard then im all in... At the end of the day all the users that constantly complain are afraid to compete and lose. If you are afraid to compete and lose then obviously 3.0 is the worst thing that has ever happened to this game.
Meh. Not what I'm saying. Competing and losing is fine. I took over a D prestige school and built it up. On my way to building up another D prestige.

You can compete and lose at all levels currently. My point is - the game isn't set up to really manage that many teams with the current recruit generation and I don't think people will like it.

But maybe they will. Like I said, I'd def join a new world that was just D1 and if it got to 250 teams, great. I'll try it out and maybe I'll really like it. But I doubt most people would.
9/21/2017 6:53 PM
That's pretty much dead on.
9/21/2017 6:54 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/21/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by bagger288 on 9/21/2017 6:53:00 PM (view original):

Meh. Not what I'm saying. Competing and losing is fine. I took over a D prestige school and built it up. On my way to building up another D prestige.

You can compete and lose at all levels currently. My point is - the game isn't set up to really manage that many teams with the current recruit generation and I don't think people will like it.

But maybe they will. Like I said, I'd def join a new world that was just D1 and if it got to 250 teams, great. I'll try it out and maybe I'll really like it. But I doubt most people would.
Btw, I don't think this is a 3.0 vs 2.0 thing. I don't think 250 D1 teams was sustainable in the old version either.
9/21/2017 7:05 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.