Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

I seriously don't understand how you don't get this.

Theoretically, every team in a 250 D1 world will have less talent than they could currently accumulate. All sets still work because they're playing less talented teams. It's just learning that the old 90 is now 75.
9/22/2017 2:55 PM

You realize that some O/D sets require more players to properly run right?

You are clueless man hahaha
9/22/2017 2:58 PM
I feel like I'm trying to explain Calculus to a racoon.
9/22/2017 3:00 PM
Damn, you're a dumb SOB.

Every other school would have talent issues. It changes the game. Seriously, how old are you?
Wowowowowwow you are dense.
I'm surprised you know what a racoon is let alone calculus.
Do you expect the little fake players to die of exhaustion if the talent is diluted? There has to be a reason you're being dumb beyond words.
9/22/2017 3:01 PM
okay, last shot and then someone else can take over.

[Cue intense and serious voiceover]

In a world where there are more players than resources, you will need to battle. A lot. You will win some dice rolls and you will lose some dice rolls. If you lose dice rolls for players (even if they're bad) you will then need to either

a) move on to some other (presumably worse) crappy player and sign them
b) just take a walk on

FB/Press basically FORCES you to sign the even worse crappy player thereby decreasing opportunities for more recruiting rolls the following season where you can get lucky and actually sign a good player.

Zone/M2M allows you take walkons (without much penalty to in season success) and just pool your resources season after season which enables you to take more risks. You also start with an inflated budget basically (money for 4 openings but only need to sign 2 spots for example).

This is NOT complicated. Everyone knows this.
9/22/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 3:00:00 PM (view original):
I feel like I'm trying to explain Calculus to a racoon.
The funnier thing is you actually think HD is calculus. That's the disconnect.
9/22/2017 3:05 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
okay, last shot and then someone else can take over.

[Cue intense and serious voiceover]

In a world where there are more players than resources, you will need to battle. A lot. You will win some dice rolls and you will lose some dice rolls. If you lose dice rolls for players (even if they're bad) you will then need to either

a) move on to some other (presumably worse) crappy player and sign them
b) just take a walk on

FB/Press basically FORCES you to sign the even worse crappy player thereby decreasing opportunities for more recruiting rolls the following season where you can get lucky and actually sign a good player.

Zone/M2M allows you take walkons (without much penalty to in season success) and just pool your resources season after season which enables you to take more risks. You also start with an inflated budget basically (money for 4 openings but only need to sign 2 spots for example).

This is NOT complicated. Everyone knows this.
Sigh. The "even worse crappy player" will not be as bad in a 250 world as he is currently.

Because every team, even the Zone/M2M teams, has diluted talent. You know why? Because there are 150 more users than there are currently.
9/22/2017 3:08 PM
Yup. I knew he wouldn't understand hahahaha

9/22/2017 3:10 PM
You're dumber than dirt. You just can't wrap your tiny brain around the idea that a lesser player in FB/Press matching up against a lesser player in other sets produces similar results.
9/22/2017 3:14 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):

It's ok -- Mike will get to DI in a year or 6, then he'll teach us all lessons. I, for one, can't wait.
9/22/2017 3:16 PM
Posted by johnsensing on 9/22/2017 3:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 3:10:00 PM (view original):

It's ok -- Mike will get to DI in a year or 6, then he'll teach us all lessons. I, for one, can't wait.
Hahahaha

I mean, I knew Mike was dense and not very smart. But this is a completely new level of stubborn and dumb.
9/22/2017 3:32 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 3:14:00 PM (view original):
You're dumber than dirt. You just can't wrap your tiny brain around the idea that a lesser player in FB/Press matching up against a lesser player in other sets produces similar results.
Can you wrap your mind around this:

In a world where players are scarce and recruiting competition is fierce across the board, a team that realistically only needs to fill 10 scholarships to compete (motion/zone team) has a distinct advantage over a team that needs to fill all 12 spots to be competitive (FB/press)?
9/22/2017 3:32 PM
◂ Prev 1...4|5|6|7 Next ▸
Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.