Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Posted by grimacedance on 9/22/2017 3:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 3:14:00 PM (view original):
You're dumber than dirt. You just can't wrap your tiny brain around the idea that a lesser player in FB/Press matching up against a lesser player in other sets produces similar results.
Can you wrap your mind around this:

In a world where players are scarce and recruiting competition is fierce across the board, a team that realistically only needs to fill 10 scholarships to compete (motion/zone team) has a distinct advantage over a team that needs to fill all 12 spots to be competitive (FB/press)?
No no, don't try to explain it to him. WE'RE the dumb ones.
9/22/2017 3:33 PM
Go ahead and prove us wrong Mike. When you move to D1, take over a FB/Press team and let us know how it goes.
9/22/2017 3:36 PM
You're dumber than dirt. You just can't wrap your tiny brain around the idea that a lesser player in FB/Press matching up against a lesser player in other sets produces similar results.

In a world where players are scarce and recruiting competition is fierce across the board, a team that realistically only needs to fill 10 scholarships to compete (motion/zone team) has a distinct advantage over a team that needs to fill all 12 spots to be competitive (FB/press)?
We're talking about a world with 250 humans in D1. Players are really ******* scarce regardless of what you run. Your 10 isn't going to be as good at your 10 you get now. So the team needing 12 is simply going to have a weak 2 facing your weak 1. I've looked at FB/press D1 teams. Players 11 and 12 might get 6-8 minutes each. THAT is going to kill FB/press if the talent is diluted across the board?

I swear to God I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend.
9/22/2017 5:40 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 3:36:00 PM (view original):
Go ahead and prove us wrong Mike. When you move to D1, take over a FB/Press team and let us know how it goes.
Can you direct me to the world with 250 D1 users? I'm having trouble finding it.

You do recall that we were talking about FB/press being dead(well, you were), in a 250 D1 user world, right?
9/22/2017 5:41 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:40:00 PM (view original):

We're talking about a world with 250 humans in D1. Players are really ******* scarce regardless of what you run. Your 10 isn't going to be as good at your 10 you get now. So the team needing 12 is simply going to have a weak 2 facing your weak 1. I've looked at FB/press D1 teams. Players 11 and 12 might get 6-8 minutes each. THAT is going to kill FB/press if the talent is diluted across the board?

I swear to God I don't understand what is so hard to comprehend.
+1
9/22/2017 5:50 PM
◂ Prev 1...5|6|7
Random Job Change Idea for D1 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.