Future owners needed for expansion unique PL Topic

The Jubilee Progressive League is a Franchise based progressive. In every 7th season your team reverts to your MLB roster. This advertisement is for future owners who are interested in joining us in expansion in 62. We have only needed three new owners in 11 seasons since I became commish due to a very strong core group of owners and a very intriguing format....please continue reading below and see what you will be missing if you don't join us.

Why join this league?
First if you are an 62 expansion team fan this is the place for you.
Second if you are a Progressive League fan this unique format challenges with a few unique rules that keep you invested short and long term testing your Gm skills every renewed Jubilee Cycle.
Third we have had only three openings since I took over this progressive in its third season so it is possible this will be the only real opportunity for you to accept this challenge and test your skills. We have strong owners who are committed to the format and it's continual growth and success.
Fourth Mets, Colts (Astros), Senators, Angels will be joining us in 63 so now is the time to jump in. As you will see when reading league rules below the Franchise/Jubilee PL is unique in many ways and if you claim your favorite team now you can count on having your favorite players from your home team every seven seasons with an opportunity to build it into a contender.

League Concept and Rules

Concept: Jubilee Revisited is based on the concept that every 7 years, in times gone by, slaves were freed, debts forgiven and property restored. That final point is the concept the Jubilee Revisited Progressive League (JRPL) is based. League owners have the player rights to their chosen franchise returned to them every seven seasons. During the six seasons between, via rookie draft, owners try to improve their franchise beyond what their MLB counterparts were able to field and best that MLB Won/Loss Percentage. That is a personally satisfying (or discouraging) unique challenge to the league. The other challenge is much more traditional....make the playoffs, win the World Series.

Rules:

I. Jubilee Cycle: Every seven years the JRPL owner has his franchise rebooted to the players who were on the MLB team that season.

A. Jubilee Cycles are: 1944-49; 50-55; 56-62; 63-68; 69-74; etc. (the 1st date in each cycle is the reboot year.)

B. Rookie/FA/Cut drafts are held in the other 6 seasons.
b. 1. Snake style draft used for first 7 year cycle. Beginning in 1950 JRPL will use traditional worst to first draft.

C. Each draft is based on the MLB franchises finish...not the JRPL finish.
c. 1. Draft is based on a team's winning % we are entering not the one just finished.
c. 2. In the event of a dead heat the team with the worst record the previous season would get the higher draft slot.
c. 3 No team in the entire league can have the first pick more than two consecutive seasons.
c. 4. Likewise, No team in either league, nor any division, may have the highest pick more than two consecutive seasons. (this rule won't work so it has been eliminated)
c. 5. In the event a third consecutive season does occur said team drops down two draft slots.

D. COMPETITIVE BALANCE RULE: Missed 1ST ROUND PICKS will be made by the Commish one hour before second round begins. There will be at least 12 scheduled hours between 1st and second round. Sorry but this pick will be final and based upon Commish's highest rated remaining player regardless of position or team need.

II. Roster Jubilee Year: 1st year in the cycle.
A. The Commissioner will post rosters prior to the Jubilee Season but if an owner wants to have information earlier he may go to the draft page, enter WIS data base, select the year, set the games to 0 (zero), and toggle to owner's MLB franchise. Each player that appeared for the minimum PA's or IP for that franchise in the WIS database appears. Select those players to your roster.

a. 1. No team will retain rights to more that 25. Owner will have to select only 25 if more qualify for franchise.
a. 2. Teams with too many players will submit unwanted to draft pool for a Dispersal Draft by teams who do not have 25 players.
a. 3. Teams with too few players will be entered into Dispersal Draft. Teams needing most picking first. Team salary to determine which goes first in the event of a tie. Each round determined by total players needed.
a. 4. Jubilee year players belong only to whichever franchise he first appeared in MLB that season and had WIS individual team stats line of minimum numbers ---50 PA or 25 IP.
a. 5. When/if all players in Jubilee year are depleted roster can be filled by $400 k or less players whose career ended prior to 1944. Owners Choice FROM their own franchises past.

B. Trades for the Jubilee Year (44, 50, 56, 63, etc.) must be made after the season has started. Must go through GM's office.

III. Rosters non-Jubilee Year
A. Keepers list will be used by Commish as he creates draft eligible list.

a. 1. Commish will do his best to communicate with owner on apparent roster oversights/snafus prior to draft. Get those keeper lists in early to help ensure as few errors as possible. Be sure to check draft eligible prior to draft starting to avoid costly mistakes
a. 2. SNOOZE YOU LOOSE RULE: Keepers lists must reflect all players owner intends on keeping. Owners will be reminded via site mail to verify their roster versus draft eligible list prior to draft. After this errors/ommisssions are owners responsibility. Once the draft starts a player left off of the teams keeper list completely cannot be reclaimed. A player error that shows up on the draft eligible list can be reclaimed only if undrafted by another team.

IV. Drafts:
A. Drafts are going to be run with time slots with an eye to being fair. Owners must remain in slots if there are missing pick for that day.

B. Drafting owners are responsible to check back to last "UPDATE" to ensure player they select is still available.

C. Proxies are encouraged...both through other owners or self or open proxies.

D. Draft picks belong to team owner . They can be traded even if unscheduled for use up until that selection has been bypassed by another teams selection.

E. Obviously, no rule can make an owner site mail the next two or three up in a draft but we want our quality owners to do quality things. Please site mail.

V. General Rules:

A. Trades.
a. 1. Trades are encouraged. Players and picks can be traded
a. 2. Cannot trade more than 3 seasons out.
a. 3. Cannot trade picks from next Jubilee Cycle unless both owners are returning. If both don't, traded pick by departing team is nullified. Owners risk.
a. 4. Game 120 will be TRADE DEADLINE

B. No Waiver Wire

C. No DH until revote to take place during 1969-1974 cycle for the 75 and forward cycles.

D. Injuries on

E. Must use your team location or name: ie New York Yankees, New York Bombers, Backyard Yanks, Bronx Yankees are okay. Bronx Bombers not.

F. Ball Parks are historic and season locked. ie. When Brooklyn moves in MLB stadium changes even in mid Jubilee Cycle.

G. Injured Reserve/Inactive has no limit as long as player does not appear in WIS for that season.
g. 1. No Jubilee year IR player can be protected or drafted. They will be added to 1st draft eligible season in Cycle.

H. Leagues will be based on AL & NL affiliations with all possible desire to regional alignment. Change in MLB location will dictate adjustments for the Jubilee season not mid-Cycle.

I. AAA players will be used through 1962 at which time new vote will take place on their continuance (in 16 team League). 6-4 lowest rated below average.

J. Salary cap 100 million. If an owner exceeds this amount the lowest priced draftee that exceeds the difference plus 400 k will be automatically dropped by commish and owner will replace with a pre 1942 400k or less player. Drafted player will be added to next draft.

Guidelines:
Quite simply: enjoy your experience. Do your best to improve your team without adversely effecting the Jubilee Season or Cycle. Be an owner the other owners of the league are happy to be playing with. Be concerned for the ongoing success of the league as well as your team. Remember...this 7 year cycle progressive is quite different than others. Creativity may be key to improving your team. Minor trades may be as important as major. Picks may have more or less value depending on your MLB affiliate's finish. Don't give up. Your success can be measured against your MLB teams record as well as your JRPL league standings. Post your keepers as early as possible and enter your team as quickly as possible. Progressives are meant to progress.

I believe these will help us to maintain owners and excitement!

Our league is currently a 16 team league with plans for expansion in 1963 and 1969 (if all continues to go well).

Contact me with any questions.
10/22/2017 12:02 AM (edited)
B
9/21/2017 4:06 PM
I'm interested.
9/21/2017 4:41 PM
keep me in mind for the 1963 expansion-interested in the Los Angeles Angels franchise
9/21/2017 5:30 PM
Is this still available or closed?
9/22/2017 9:09 AM
not officially closed.....awaiting roster update on traveling owner. I'll keep everyone on my list. It is a great league.
9/25/2017 12:06 PM
Please if you have future interest in expansion Colts, Mets, or Washington let me know just like sj did for Angels
9/25/2017 12:07 PM
Sounds exciting. Put me down for the Mets if available when you expand.
9/29/2017 7:21 PM
b
10/20/2017 11:34 PM
put me down for Washington but aren'tthey the twins by 62 ?
10/21/2017 7:23 AM
After the Washington Senators went to Minnesota(1961) MLB gave Washington an new expansion team(Senators) who later became the Texas Rangers(1972).
10/21/2017 11:31 AM
b
10/29/2017 4:00 PM
I'll grab the Colt 45's if that is the only team left....
10/29/2017 5:33 PM
Posted by dh0220 on 10/29/2017 5:33:00 PM (view original):
I'll grab the Colt 45's if that is the only team left....
colts will be yours when we get there.
11/5/2017 12:43 AM
If you are in need of another owner when the times comes, please put me on a waiting list. Thanks!
11/5/2017 7:33 AM
12 Next ▸
Future owners needed for expansion unique PL Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.