Wish list for Santa Seble Hub Topic

Since the initial Sports Hub Seble hoopla seems to have faded into wait and see distant hopes and wishful expectations, I've decided to start this wish list hoping that by Christmas we might have something to cheer about and better excuses to justify all that hard earned cash we keep pooring into WIS.
I'm keeping this about SLBaseball since that's where I'm posting it.
I'll keep it short and sweet for now since I believe we should adress the more urgent, obvious issues first.

1- Salary adjustments formula.
When Fox WIS came out with that we all cheered wildly because it finally meant the end of like 7 years of having to face the same old cookies in OLs. And for the first few adjustments all seemed well until we began to realize what was actually happening. Salaries just kept inflating while the cap remained the same. The original plan of having lesser used players have salary drop never actually materialized since it didn't matter if players were drafted in OLs, low or high caps Theme Leagues. The moment they were drafted anywhere it meant a salary increase. Doesn't affect insanely high cap leagues that much I guess but for OLs in particular it has seriously impacted the talent pool available. We're getting less and less able to draft good players and it will keep getting worst as long as that salary adjustment formulas isn't fixed.

2- Deadball pitchers Godmode
We all know this has been a major problem forever and a very annoying one at that. Drafting power hitters in OLs or any league that allows deadballers is at least half of a waste. Personally I've always prefered 80's type of baseball where speed matters cause I gew up watching that but having the power game literally negated because of deadballers is seriously limiting the game and it can be quite frustrating to owners/customers. It doesn't matter which park or which power hitters you draft, some of the greatest HR hitters in history can't even reach their numbers at Coors when a league is filled with deadballers. We've often been told that there was no way to really come up with a decent normalization formula for deadballers but we all know that's not true. If they managed to come up with fake catchers stats and arms ratings for those who didn't have official stats there's surely a way to tweak deaballers numbers just the same.

Alright that's my short list for now, but I'd like to hear from you guys, what do you think, what would you add to this list, what are the most pressing changes SLB needs to become more exciting and realistic?
9/21/2017 8:48 AM (edited)
Yup, only keep track of players being drafted at $120 mil and below, so we see an ACTUAL rise and fall in players salaries. I mean, is anyone under $200 mil leagues still drafting 1901 Nap Lajoie at $20+ mil?
9/21/2017 2:24 PM
instead of the whole team setting for aggressive base running I would prefer individual base running aggressive settings
9/21/2017 2:56 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by grayfoxx on 9/21/2017 3:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by patco_1981 on 9/21/2017 2:56:00 PM (view original):
instead of the whole team setting for aggressive base running I would prefer individual base running aggressive settings
They already have this, and always have - it is on the advanced settings page.
What you can set in advanced settings are base stealing aggressivity for each individual players. It's not the same as base running aggressivity, which means attempting to take an extra base on a hit or a fly out. For that we only have the team managerial style which sets it for the entire team not individual players. So, if most of your players are fast but you have a slow catcher and 1B, then these guys will get thrown out more often if you set base running aggressivness to 4 or 5. That's why I agree with patco_1981 and actually, it use to be that in advanced settings we could set both base stealing and running aggressivness for each individual players.
9/22/2017 3:58 AM
A separate TOC for Progressive League Teams would be nice.
9/22/2017 5:59 PM
I agree about the deadballers and the baserunning aggressiveness; don't really know enough about the salaries to have an opinion on that. Since I almost exclusively play in single-season progressives with unlimited salary caps, the salaries don't really matter to me. Deadballers don't really, either.

I'd like to see them account for real-life home ballparks when normalizing a player's stats. Think of putting 1986 Glenn Davis (31 HR in 654 PA; played in the Astrodome) and 1986 Dale Murphy (29 HR in 692 PA; played in Fulton County Stadium) on the same team. Put them both in the Astrodome, and Davis should still hit around 31 HR, Murphy should hit well under 29. Put them both in Fulton County Stadium, then Davis should hit maybe 40 with Murphy around 29. Put them both in a fairly neutral ballpark and it should be something like Davis 35, Murphy 25.
9/28/2017 12:38 AM
Wish list for Santa Seble Hub Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.