I have a player, who I promised to start, and 25 minutes of playing time to. He has started every game, but is only averaging 23.7 minutes of playing time. There are only 6 games remaining in the regular season, and he has never complained about playing time. If he doesn't get to 25 minutes, will my ratings as a coach still take a hit, even if he never complains?
9/21/2017 10:06 AM
No, you're good. It's close enough to 25. It doesn't have to be exact. Complaint emails are a good gauge. If he hasn't sent you one, don't worry about it.
9/21/2017 10:17 AM
Posted by duke137 on 9/21/2017 10:06:00 AM (view original):
I have a player, who I promised to start, and 25 minutes of playing time to. He has started every game, but is only averaging 23.7 minutes of playing time. There are only 6 games remaining in the regular season, and he has never complained about playing time. If he doesn't get to 25 minutes, will my ratings as a coach still take a hit, even if he never complains?
Actually I've gotten complaints with 23+ minutes, while promising 25. It's usually when they've gone a few games in a row going under 20 minutes. Frustrating as hell, especially with incoming freshman and trying to run FB/ FCP, the number of times they either get into foul trouble or end up fouling out.
9/21/2017 12:56 PM
Thanks guys, I thought I might be OK, but wasn't sure. Like thewizard said, it's very, frustrating when they get into foul trouble, or foul out, and only play 15 minutes. Then you have to play them more than you want to, the next few games to make up the minutes.
9/21/2017 1:48 PM
check his WE - if it is steady or up and no complaints, you should be safe

if it is down, possible you could get a complaint, but its late in the season

GENERALLY, most players are okay with 80% of promised time but NOT all

9/21/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by fd343ny on 9/21/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
check his WE - if it is steady or up and no complaints, you should be safe

if it is down, possible you could get a complaint, but its late in the season

GENERALLY, most players are okay with 80% of promised time but NOT all

Agree with this.

However it is definitely not a sure thing. I posted awhile back about this one guy on my Felician team. I promised him a start and forgot about it. I didn't start him for the first 6 games. Then I started him for 2 games and his WE went UP. His WE continued to increase even though it was well below the rule of thumb 80%. Very odd.
9/21/2017 2:09 PM
His WE at the start of the season was 45, it is now at 51, and has never decreased. So he seems pretty happy, and hopefully has no complaints in his future.
9/21/2017 2:54 PM
Posted by duke137 on 9/21/2017 10:06:00 AM (view original):
That player has gained 6 WE over the season -- you're absolutely safe there. They have to lose WE before you're at risk of having them leave.
9/21/2017 10:26 PM
I recall reading in the forums that they have to lose 10+ WE before they leave. Never pushed it myself..
9/23/2017 10:14 AM
I'm not playing some awful players I inherited recruited by Sim. One of them is threatening leaving, 2 more I plan to rescind at end of season.

So my coach rating is gonna drop... how bad does that really hurt me with recruiting?
9/25/2017 4:56 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 9/25/2017 4:56:00 PM (view original):
I'm not playing some awful players I inherited recruited by Sim. One of them is threatening leaving, 2 more I plan to rescind at end of season.

So my coach rating is gonna drop... how bad does that really hurt me with recruiting?
Doesn't hurt except for job changes
9/25/2017 4:59 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 9/23/2017 10:14:00 AM (view original):
I recall reading in the forums that they have to lose 10+ WE before they leave. Never pushed it myself..
I am doubtful about this. would not rely on it
9/25/2017 5:54 PM
Posted by craigaltonw on 9/25/2017 4:56:00 PM (view original):

And I believe your reputation only drops when you rescind players you've recruited.
9/25/2017 9:06 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.