Favorite baseball sayings Topic

Bob Prince, the voice of the Pirates during and after Rosey Rosewell had a bunch of them. http://bigdaddyfilth.blogspot.com/2012/03/gunnerisms-famous-sayings-by-pirates.html

But one that I don't see in there was when he was referring to Bob Veale's fast ball...."He could throw a strawberry through a locomotive". And, another favorite was "open your window Aunt Minnie, here she comes" when a Pirate would hit a home run...then, he and Rosey would make breaking glass sounds.
10/10/2017 6:05 PM
maybe thats where the great Dave Niehaus got the rye bread slammy call

holy jumpin up and down martha
10/10/2017 8:51 PM
Richie,AKA,Dick Allen,if a horse can’t eat it I don’t want to play on it.
10/11/2017 6:49 PM
A few from Bob Uecker
The way to catch a knuckleball is to wait until it stops rolling and then pick it up
I knew when my career was over. In 1965 my baseball card came out with no picture.(sorry Uek,I have your 65 card and there is a picture on it)

10/11/2017 6:56 PM
Not a quote ,but one that always makes me laugh,studdering John from the Howard Stern show asking Ted Williams if he ever farted in a catchers face.
10/11/2017 7:02 PM
Lol. Heard that live. Williams was ******.
10/11/2017 7:30 PM
I can't believe what I just saw.

Thanks for your time, this time, 'till next time. Goodnight everybody.
10/12/2017 7:47 PM
If you approach Billy Martin right, he's okay. I avoid him altogether.
~ Ron Guidry

“Everything looks nicer when you win. The girls are prettier, the cigars taste better. The trees are greener.”
~ Billy Martin
10/15/2017 7:20 PM
◂ Prev 123
Favorite baseball sayings Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.