This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
LOL!
9/22/2017 10:58 AM
avoid really good players or you risk EEs!
9/22/2017 11:03 AM
Its funny how people who are good at D1 say one thing and those who have never played it or suck at it say another thing.

So weird!
9/22/2017 11:10 AM
I guess we've had this discussion before. It's a simgame. It's not something that required 8 years of college just so you could serve a residency before actually getting to play.

You need good players to win. Amirite?
9/22/2017 11:24 AM
Looking to forward to watching your unprecedented success when you get to D1. Good luck, have fun.
9/22/2017 11:33 AM
ok..igu..what's a "good player"? izzat why all coaches in 3.0 can see the top recruit list to find out what makes good players?
9/22/2017 11:38 AM
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
Looking to forward to watching your unprecedented success when you get to D1. Good luck, have fun.
I wouldn't expect "unprecedented". But, just like I said when I struggled at D3, I'll do just fine. And I didn't even major in Hoops Dynasty in college.

But the point of the thread was JSS pointing out my lack of credibility when SPECULATING what D1 would be like with 250 humans because I haven't played D1 in 3.0. I'd counter with NO ONE has played with 250 users at D1. Ever. So I'm guessing my experience at D1 with 250 users matches everyone else's.

Some, like JSS, think everyone would play the same way. I disagree because that's a loser mindset. You adapt to the game.
9/22/2017 12:41 PM
I have no experience in studying chemistry. I'm going to mix 2 random chemicals and guess what happens. My opinion is as valid as a guy who has worked in a lab and knows the 2 chemicals, but since no one has ever seen it, his knowledge is useless. My guess that they turn into a black hole and destroy the world is just as valid as his opinion that they mix and nothing happens.

#mikelogic
9/22/2017 1:11 PM
Would the guy who worked in a lab and knows chemicals have experience with mixing chemicals? Yes

Does JSS have experience playing in D1 with 250 other humans? No

Same thing!!

#benistupidity
9/22/2017 1:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 12:41:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 11:33:00 AM (view original):
I wouldn't expect "unprecedented". But, just like I said when I struggled at D3, I'll do just fine. And I didn't even major in Hoops Dynasty in college.

But the point of the thread was JSS pointing out my lack of credibility when SPECULATING what D1 would be like with 250 humans because I haven't played D1 in 3.0. I'd counter with NO ONE has played with 250 users at D1. Ever. So I'm guessing my experience at D1 with 250 users matches everyone else's.

Some, like JSS, think everyone would play the same way. I disagree because that's a loser mindset. You adapt to the game.
Mike, as usual, your ability to read and comprehend clear English is lacking. 250 (or 150, for that matter) users in DI will significantly exacerbate issues in DI recruiting that already exist -- those issues are different due to the nature of DI recruit generation. You have no knowledge of current DI recruiting, so you can't be expected to know or understand those issues.

I don't think that everyone will play the same way, though, in your hypothetical 250+ DI. Some, like you, will be content with mediocrity. Others, who want to win NTs, will go after elite recruits. I guess we'll see how your strategy works if you ever make it to DI.
9/22/2017 1:18 PM
"Some, like you, will be content with mediocrity."

This is basically it. If you can find 100 people who are fine with never even making the NT then yeah, maybe 250 people at D1 will work.

I just don't think people are going to find a game enjoyable where they're a D prestige team and fighting over scraps that will never get them a shot at the NT.
9/22/2017 1:22 PM
JSS, as usual, you bore me to ******* death. Why I unblocked you is beyond me. My ignorance in thinking that you might be interesting, I guess. My bad.

Every team in D1 sees the same recruits(if they scout the same states). Do you think App State should be able to sign the same players as UNC? So UNC would get the top players and App State would get 3rd/4th level players. Or do you think, in order for D1 to work with 250 users that 'mo better players need to be generated? That, in order for App State to survive, that they must get high quality players?

Here's how I think the game was designed to work: You start in D3. You move up to D2. You move up to a low level D1(like App State). You win your conference, make a few NT, win a few NT games and wait for the better job. Then you get the better players. IOW, App State is competing against W. Carolina, UNC Greensboro, etc, etc. They are NOT competing against UNC, Kentucky, etc, etc. They're not even competing against VaTech or S. Carolina. D teams are competing against C/D teams.
9/22/2017 1:26 PM
"Here's how I think the game was designed to work: You start in D3. You move up to D2. You move up to a low level D1(like App State). You win your conference, make a few NT, win a few NT games and wait for the better job. Then you get the better players. IOW, App State is competing against W. Carolina, UNC Greensboro, etc, etc. They are NOT competing against UNC, Kentucky, etc, etc. They're not even competing against VaTech or S. Carolina. D teams are competing against C/D teams."

You just described how it used to work. And then people whined and complained that the higher prestige teams were too tough to beat.
9/22/2017 1:27 PM
1|2|3...19 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.