Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 6:12:00 PM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/22/2017 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all that some, maybe many, users won't like the competition. They'd much rather beat 11 SIM divisionmates easily so they can concentrate on the tourney. I've seen HBD guys hang onto their teams for months waiting for their world to fill. Then, when it merged and they ran into other super teams, they quit after 1 season because they weren't winning 110.

And I'm almost positive the same mind-set prevails in HD. Otherwise, there would be a lot more users making their way to D1 in Rupp. The dynamics of a D1 with 200 instead of 100 will change the game significantly at all three levels.
I disagree with your second paragraph. Every few years there's a movement to attempt to fill a world. Before Rupp, it was Allen. People get all excited for about 2 seasons then lose interest. Not because they'd rather play sims but because of what everyone is trying to explain to you in this thread. When you have a boatload of users and a finite number of resources (recruits), the game gets less fun when you continue to get unlucky time and time again. In 2.0 a good coach knew immediately if they had a chance to win a recruit. In 3.0 all you know is you have a chance and that's it. When you have multiple seasons in a row of losing dice rolls you have to rebuild again. And again. And again. That's. Not. Enjoyable.
No one has mentioned "less fun" until badluck did it a few moments ago. I'm not even sure where you came up with "everyone is trying to explain to you" that it's less fun. Care to quote a couple of those "everyone".
I said that people wouldn't find it fun.
9/22/2017 6:18 PM
I only read bits and pieces of your drivel. My bad. No need to repeat yourself.
9/22/2017 6:21 PM
And I contend people won't find it fun because, with more competition, they win less. America is soft. HD users make America look like iron.
9/22/2017 6:22 PM
Yeah, several people have said it over the past few months. Given I already had one person back me up I'm not gonna find 10 other people that have said the same thing.

As for your other point, this is where your lack of understanding shows most. "Losing" because you made mistakes in recruiting or aren't great at game planning or setting your depth chart are one thing. Losing because you lost four battles when you were a 66% or better odds to sign a kid are another. That's not fun and it sets you back. And as several D1 users continue to explain you HAVE to be in those battles year after year or you better be content settling for mediocrity. There aren't backup options in D1 and if you're recruiting guys that are backup options consistently then you're gonna be on the all-time PI wins list after while.
9/22/2017 6:26 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 6:18:00 PM (view original):
You'll live. It's just a flesh wound on the internet.
Whatever you need to do to release your built up rage about an internet game. Hopefully you won't pop a blood vessel now.
9/22/2017 6:29 PM
Some people think that dominating a conference of two humans and 12 SIMAI's is "fun".

Others think that playing in a conference against 11 other humans, who you develop actual rivalries with, is "fun".

The former is like sitting in your mom's basement playing video games with no human interaction. Except when mom calls you for dinner, or yells at you for leaving your dirty underwear on the bathroom floor when you last showered three days ago.

The latter is like having actual friends, and getting together with them to hang out and do stuff.

Weird, huh?

9/22/2017 6:32 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/22/2017 6:26:00 PM (view original):
Yeah, several people have said it over the past few months. Given I already had one person back me up I'm not gonna find 10 other people that have said the same thing.

As for your other point, this is where your lack of understanding shows most. "Losing" because you made mistakes in recruiting or aren't great at game planning or setting your depth chart are one thing. Losing because you lost four battles when you were a 66% or better odds to sign a kid are another. That's not fun and it sets you back. And as several D1 users continue to explain you HAVE to be in those battles year after year or you better be content settling for mediocrity. There aren't backup options in D1 and if you're recruiting guys that are backup options consistently then you're gonna be on the all-time PI wins list after while.
Sometimes you lose. The reason doesn't matter. If you can't accept losing from time to time, you should only play with yourself(haha).

Honestly, I find it somewhat sad that people value winning on an internet game so much. I'd rather compete, and lose, than coast thru every season 26-0 because I didn't play anyone.

And, yes, there are back up options at D1. They're not nearly as good as first options but that's why they're called "back-ups".
9/22/2017 6:46 PM
The reason absolutely matters, even though it won't fit your agenda. You can get better at gameplanning, setting depth chart and distribution, etc. You cannot get better at dice roll recruiting when you're a heavy favorite to win and lose. One of those you can control and the other is out of your hands.
9/22/2017 7:31 PM
It's the game. Some people like absolutes in recruiting but don't mind when the lesser team wins. I'm not sure I understand that.

Lose a 55/45 recruiting battle. "THAT'S COMPLETE HORSESHIT!!! I'M DONE WHEN MY CREDITS RUN OUT!!!!!"
Lose a game when favored by 12. "That happens. Oh well."

Makes no sense.
9/22/2017 7:41 PM
BTW, unless you dumped EVERY resource available into a recruit, you didn't do everything you could. Thus you gave up some control.
9/22/2017 7:43 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 7:43:00 PM (view original):
BTW, unless you dumped EVERY resource available into a recruit, you didn't do everything you could. Thus you gave up some control.
Slow day at work? You're trolling is impressive today.

When you get to D1 and see how recruiting is different then maybe you'll understand what 90% of D1 users are trying to explain. Until then, g'day.
9/22/2017 7:49 PM
Yeah, I know. D1 is so much different. D1 users invented fire. No one else can possibly understand.
9/23/2017 6:23 AM
But I'm still looking for that 250 D1 users world. Because that's what prompted the thread. Because I'm sure that's where all you experts got your experience.
9/23/2017 6:31 AM
One thing bears repeating:

Whether there are 50 users or 250 users, whether it's D1, D2 or D3, every user wants the best player for the least resources. That's the game. If any of the D1 experts wants to dispute that, please do. Then explain yourself.
9/23/2017 6:55 AM
Up early and back at it. No one will ever say you weren't resilient.
9/23/2017 7:53 AM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...19 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.