I won a D3 title a couple seasons ago. Not one player on my team was I in a dice roll battle for.

At D1 I'm in multiple dice roll battles every season
9/22/2017 5:41 PM
WOW!!! I'm in multiple dice rolls in D3. Every season. And D1/D2 teams snatch guys I think I have in the bag at the end of recruiting every season.

Your multi-dice rolls in D1 probably leave you holding an empty bag sometimes. That NEVER happens in D2 or D3.
9/22/2017 5:43 PM
At D1 Dice roll battles are mandatory to have a really good team.

At D3 they are optional.

thats the difference.
9/22/2017 5:43 PM
IT'S SO DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/22/2017 5:44 PM
I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU GENIUSES AT D1 HANDLE IT WHEN YOU LOSE A RECRUIT!!!!!! IT'S JUST SO DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/22/2017 5:45 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:45:00 PM (view original):
I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU GENIUSES AT D1 HANDLE IT WHEN YOU LOSE A RECRUIT!!!!!! IT'S JUST SO DIFFERENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
+1
9/22/2017 5:49 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/22/2017 5:00:00 PM (view original):
This is kinda like someone who has run a 5K telling someone else they know what it's like to run a marathon. Understanding that you get really, really tired in a marathon isn't "rocket science" but when you have experience doing it, you just understand what it's like better.

But w/e. Do what you want.
Yeah, sounds wickedly different. You want good players at D1 and you have to compete for them. Nothing like that in D2 or D3. Cra-cra different.
If everyone is spread relatively evenly among D1/D2/D3, there are three national championships up for grabs. 48 teams make the S16. It's possible, even with a relatively limited pool of recruits, for a lot of the customers paying to play the game to have fun and enjoy some success.

If all (or most) of those paying customers are all at the same level with the same number of recruits, suddenly far less people are having success. That makes the game less fun for most those coaches.

I don't see it as a huge problem given that a) it won't happen and b) there are nine other worlds to choose from if you don't want to play that way. But I can see someone not liking it if they have already invested a lot of time in Rupp getting to D1 and suddenly the dynamics of the game change significantly.
9/22/2017 5:50 PM
Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all that some, maybe many, users won't like the competition. They'd much rather beat 11 SIM divisionmates easily so they can concentrate on the tourney. I've seen HBD guys hang onto their teams for months waiting for their world to fill. Then, when it merged and they ran into other super teams, they quit after 1 season because they weren't winning 110.

And I'm almost positive the same mind-set prevails in HD. Otherwise, there would be a lot more users making their way to D1 in Rupp. The dynamics of a D1 with 200 instead of 100 will change the game significantly at all three levels.
9/22/2017 5:55 PM
Mike - you're a 55 year old man playing a game on the internet. Just take a deep breathe. It'll be all right.
9/22/2017 5:59 PM
I say this with all due respect but you really are stupid. If you argue long enough, you forget what you're arguing. Today started with JSS telling me I didn't understand D1 because I haven't played it in 3.0. I think that's bullshit, and nothing either of you have posted has convinced me any different, but let's say I accept that premise. Problem is we were speculating on a world with 250 users in D1. No one has that experience. Then you started on "it will kill FB/Press" and. somehow or another, you just don't understand that EVERY ROSTER would be diluted. You seem to have the intelligence of a 3rd grader. One that was held back a couple of times.
9/22/2017 6:10 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:55:00 PM (view original):
Oh, I'm not disagreeing at all that some, maybe many, users won't like the competition. They'd much rather beat 11 SIM divisionmates easily so they can concentrate on the tourney. I've seen HBD guys hang onto their teams for months waiting for their world to fill. Then, when it merged and they ran into other super teams, they quit after 1 season because they weren't winning 110.

And I'm almost positive the same mind-set prevails in HD. Otherwise, there would be a lot more users making their way to D1 in Rupp. The dynamics of a D1 with 200 instead of 100 will change the game significantly at all three levels.
I disagree with your second paragraph. Every few years there's a movement to attempt to fill a world. Before Rupp, it was Allen. People get all excited for about 2 seasons then lose interest. Not because they'd rather play sims but because of what everyone is trying to explain to you in this thread. When you have a boatload of users and a finite number of resources (recruits), the game gets less fun when you continue to get unlucky time and time again. In 2.0 a good coach knew immediately if they had a chance to win a recruit. In 3.0 all you know is you have a chance and that's it. When you have multiple seasons in a row of losing dice rolls you have to rebuild again. And again. And again. That's. Not. Enjoyable.
9/22/2017 6:10 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 9/22/2017 6:10:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 5:55:00 PM (view original):

I disagree with your second paragraph. Every few years there's a movement to attempt to fill a world. Before Rupp, it was Allen. People get all excited for about 2 seasons then lose interest. Not because they'd rather play sims but because of what everyone is trying to explain to you in this thread. When you have a boatload of users and a finite number of resources (recruits), the game gets less fun when you continue to get unlucky time and time again. In 2.0 a good coach knew immediately if they had a chance to win a recruit. In 3.0 all you know is you have a chance and that's it. When you have multiple seasons in a row of losing dice rolls you have to rebuild again. And again. And again. That's. Not. Enjoyable.
No one has mentioned "less fun" until badluck did it a few moments ago. I'm not even sure where you came up with "everyone is trying to explain to you" that it's less fun. Care to quote a couple of those "everyone".
9/22/2017 6:12 PM
BTW, "rebuild" is another way of saying "accept losing". That's what happens when you have legit competition. You don't go 28-3 every season.
9/22/2017 6:14 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/22/2017 6:04:00 PM (view original):
Benis, eat a dick. You're a ******* being a ******* on the internet. Hold your breath.
well that was inappropriate.
9/22/2017 6:16 PM
You'll live. It's just a flesh wound on the internet.
9/22/2017 6:18 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...19 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.