Posted by MikeT23 on 9/25/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Sigh. I play in a full D3 conference and a virtually empty D2 conference(5 users). D3 is more difficult because we're always running across one another(limited budgets, northeast schools, etc). So D1, I imagine, is "more difficult" in your mind because you compete for recruits. As I told benis a dozen pages ago, I "dice roll" for a recruit or two every season at D3. I don't think I've had to do that at D2 because of bigger budget and fewer competing human schools in my area.
I play in a D3 conference that is significantly better than LE.

D1 is more challenging.
9/25/2017 8:53 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/25/2017 8:53:00 PM (view original):
Sigh. I play in a full D3 conference and a virtually empty D2 conference(5 users). D3 is more difficult because we're always running across one another(limited budgets, northeast schools, etc). So D1, I imagine, is "more difficult" in your mind because you compete for recruits. As I told benis a dozen pages ago, I "dice roll" for a recruit or two every season at D3. I don't think I've had to do that at D2 because of bigger budget and fewer competing human schools in my area.

D1 is more challenging.
I don't think you do. So, if I don't take your word for it, you'll have to excuse me.

After all, you clearly said that you never battle for a player. In fact, I made fun of you about that exact subject when you were trying to recruit users for your "super" conference. I think I said something like "Meh. Those dudes are afraid to fight for a player." Agree?

If you never battle for a player, you probably wouldn't understand D1.
9/25/2017 9:20 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/25/2017 9:20:00 PM (view original):

D1 is more challenging.
I don't think you do. So, if I don't take your word for it, you'll have to excuse me.

After all, you clearly said that you never battle for a player. In fact, I made fun of you about that exact subject when you were trying to recruit users for your "super" conference. I think I said something like "Meh. Those dudes are afraid to fight for a player." Agree?

I guess you could look it up and see for yourself that its not even close. Like the difference between Duke and Virginia Tech in bball. But you won't. That's cool.

but you're right. I don't understand D1 at all.
9/25/2017 9:27 PM
Posted by Benis on 9/25/2017 9:27:00 PM (view original):

D1 is more challenging.

I guess you could look it up and see for yourself that its not even close. Like the difference between Duke and Virginia Tech in bball. But you won't. That's cool.

Don't care about anything but this:

Did you or did you not say "I never battle for players in D3"? Assuming you're not wearing your lying britches, if you never battle for players, it's nothing remotely similar to D1. So your D3 experience is not relevant.

Thanks for playing. Have wonderful evening.
9/25/2017 9:36 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 9/25/2017 9:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 9/25/2017 9:27:00 PM (view original):

D1 is more challenging.

Don't care about anything but this:

Did you or did you not say "I never battle for players in D3"? Assuming you're not wearing your lying britches, if you never battle for players, it's nothing remotely similar to D1. So your D3 experience is not relevant.

Thanks for playing. Have wonderful evening.
Sweet dreams mike!
9/25/2017 9:43 PM

D1 is more challenging.

USA South current projection report after 23 games.

1, 2, 3, 4

2nd tier

19, 22, 23, 29, 33
10/2/2017 8:56 AM

But it doesn't really matter on the subject we were discussing. In D1, you battle for players. In Smith-Little East, we battle for players(I won one, lost one last night). In your conference, you don't. So, as far as recruiting goes, USA South D3 is nothing like D1. Thanks for playing.
10/2/2017 9:54 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/2/2017 9:54:00 AM (view original):

But it doesn't really matter on the subject we were discussing. In D1, you battle for players. In Smith-Little East, we battle for players(I won one, lost one last night). In your conference, you don't. So, as far as recruiting goes, USA South D3 is nothing like D1. Thanks for playing.
LOL
10/2/2017 10:04 AM
If you want, I'll see if everyone can give you some of that pixie dust that we use to get really good teams in USA S. It works GREAT.
10/2/2017 10:04 AM
I'm not saying battling for players in D3 is a good idea(I mentioned this earlier). It probably isn't. I'm just saying we do. You don't. There is no comparison with recruiting between the two conferences.
10/2/2017 10:14 AM
I'm in both conferences in question and recruiting does seem to be more challenging in the LIttle East. More competition for players. I assume it is the location. I feel dirty supporting Mike. I am ashamed.
10/2/2017 1:56 PM
It's just different. You guys avoid each other in USA South. We don't in the Little East. If you're accustomed to battling for, and losing, players, the jump to D1 isn't scary. You're comparing oranges and tangerines not oranges and sailboats like some are making it out to be.

As I said earlier, I seldom battle for anyone in my D2 conference. There are fewer of us and we have a bigger budget.
10/2/2017 2:05 PM
The biggest thing I'm learning since the jump to D1 is learning where my "league" is in terms of recruiting. There's a general idea in DIII and DII which players may slip through the cracks, but D1 is tough because as a D-prestige team you know that you don't have a reasonable shot at Top 100 talent (unless preferences are ridiculously in your favor), but still have to find the line where someone more than 2 prestige levels higher than you won't jump in a battle.

Also, you have to approach battling in D1 differently due to resources. How many D3 battles are you in that end up with 20 HVs and a CV? I get your arguments Mike, but at a certain point you need to concede that your preconceived notions on D1 may not be accurate because you haven't tried it yet.
10/2/2017 3:05 PM
USA S with 6 teams in S16.
10/6/2017 2:09 PM
Posted by mbriese on 10/2/2017 3:05:00 PM (view original):
The biggest thing I'm learning since the jump to D1 is learning where my "league" is in terms of recruiting. There's a general idea in DIII and DII which players may slip through the cracks, but D1 is tough because as a D-prestige team you know that you don't have a reasonable shot at Top 100 talent (unless preferences are ridiculously in your favor), but still have to find the line where someone more than 2 prestige levels higher than you won't jump in a battle.

Also, you have to approach battling in D1 differently due to resources. How many D3 battles are you in that end up with 20 HVs and a CV? I get your arguments Mike, but at a certain point you need to concede that your preconceived notions on D1 may not be accurate because you haven't tried it yet.
Yes. I haven't had to figure out where my "league" is in terms of recruiting in D2 or D3. We never have to find the line where someone at a higher level will jump in to battle. Resources certainly aren't an issue at D2 or D3. We don't have to worry about where to put CV or HV.

FYI, that was sarcasm.

I haven't had to battle in D2 because I don't have other users in close proximity with limited resources. I do it EVERY SEASON in D3. Resources are precious commodities because they're very limited. I can't wait to decide if I should use 20 HV on a player. I get your point but, until you've walked a mile in my D3 shoes, I'm not sure you have any idea what my D3 experience is. Again, battles/resource decisons are battles/resource decisions at all level. It's not comparing apples and sailboats and goats.
10/6/2017 3:34 PM
◂ Prev 1...12|13|14|15|16...19 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.