Health and likelihood of injury Topic

I inherited a team where the best hitter has three more yrs on his contract, 21 Health and a history of 60-day DL stints. Should I assume the odds are good/guaranteed he will get hurt at some point in any given season? He is healthy and raging 60g in, but I can't imagine I'll get my money's worth for three more years.
9/22/2017 9:06 PM
Max out your medical and training if you can. That will minimize the risk of significant DL time, and maximize recovery when he is injured,
9/22/2017 10:02 PM
I've had position players with low health (30s), although not that low... at those levels of health, and running 20/20 training and medical, I assume a 15-day DL stint most seasons but don't expect long injuries or injuries with major ratings drops. If you can get those budgets up to 20 (also a good idea in general, especially for training) you should be able to get your money's worth out of that contract.

The same is not true of pitchers; pitchers with low health will typically hit the 60-day DL every few seasons.
9/24/2017 12:25 PM
At least he's not expensive. Even if he misses 60 games, you're most likely still getting good value for the $6M/season.
9/24/2017 1:50 PM
Health and likelihood of injury Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.