Start by constructing a team from a franchise using years 2000-2005.
IF a player is there for multiple years they can have a clone. i.e. San Fran could have 2 Bonds on their initial roster.
IF you have an initial roster with a youngster that has promise, ex Florida, can have Miguel Cabrera on the initial roster. Then in a later season they could use a draft pick for his clone.
After 2005, if you draft a player (Kershaw) you can get a clone by drafting him in a later season. BUT if you are the owner of Kershaw he is exclusive to you.
You may have more than one cloned player but your clones from 2000-2005 must be on the same franchise.
After 2005 there will be a draft with lowest WIN% going first. I envision the draft as 2 rounds snake
Clones allowed ( of course), 120M, DH for both leagues- because in later seasons franchises switch leagues. Trades OK, NO WW.
Must use the ballpark that corresponds to your franchise. Indicate the franchise in your team name.
9/25/2017 1:45 PM (edited)
TEAMS:
1.Inshoots: Cleveland Indians
2.randy: Red Sox
3.rleo: SF Giants
4.fatboy: Arizona Diamondbacks
10/4/2017 6:38 PM (edited)
Hi Inshoots...by marquis do player you mean the best player on THAT team in that period or by a league-wide standard that needs to be defined? Also, there may be an instance where a player could end up on two initial rosters. Can each owner then have a clone of that player?
9/25/2017 10:34 AM
Progressive - Yes ( Players progress or stay at what you draft them ? )
Multi season - Yes ( how many ? )
9/25/2017 12:43 PM
Once an owner has a player they stay with that franchise except for trade or if they are dropped. So I guess a player could be on 2 franchises if the initial owner trades one of their clones. If that happens I guess the 2 owners would have to fight in the draft if there is another year wanted.

Progressive in the addition of players in each draft. The owner will have the option to progress any of his original 25 or leave them at their initial year. Let's say you have a 2005 player with a terrific 2008. He stays 2005 until 2008, then stays at that level.
How many seasons: Potentially 19 or 20, but the world could be blown to bits before we even complete the first one.
9/25/2017 1:54 PM
Inshoots sign me up for the Boston Red Sox
9/25/2017 3:40 PM
With Clev and Boston both in it creates the "Race for Manny" and that .439 OBP in 2006. Assuming the owners would like to have that season Cleveland would have to land him in the draft. Boston would have to get him by progressing their original player ( or one of their original Manny's if they went with 2 to begin with). HOWEVER: ONLY CLEV and BOS can get the 2006 Manny on their roster.
9/25/2017 4:45 PM
OK for clarity in my feeble mind:
last questions. Only original roster players are "cloneable" (including those versions subsequently drafted by eligible teams)?
Drafted players beyond 2005 are available to all if they are not on an original 2000-2005 roster?

Taking San Francisco Giants
9/26/2017 1:18 PM
A player can be cloned by the owner. If this is done in years 2006 and forward it will require use of a draft pick. If you draft a rookie in 2007 and then want to add their 2009 as a clone only the owner can do so, but must spend a draft pick.

I envision the draft process this way: Teams will load 23 players into the draft tool. The draft is a 2-round snake. If an owner wishes to Progress a player it is done at the time of loading. A player can ONLY PROGRESS WHILE STILL ON FRANCHISE IN REAL LIFE. ie. I cannot Progress Manny Ramirez on the Indians because after 2000 he is not a Cleveland player.
9/27/2017 8:43 AM
I am in with Arizona Diamond Backs
10/4/2017 12:02 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.