Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

Show some respect.
9/24/2017 8:49 PM
no
9/25/2017 4:12 AM
Do they play the anthem at your place of work?

Do you stand up from your couch every time it's played?
9/25/2017 5:23 AM
Pat Tillman would frag all these whiney ******* *****.

9/25/2017 8:28 AM
I think this is going to become a problem for the NFL. Most people just want to watch football. Much like I don't care for Hollywood's political views, I don't care for the views of the Dolphins on social injustice. Play football for 3+ hours then fight for social justice the other 164+ hours of your week. You still have your platform as an NFL player.

9/25/2017 8:39 AM
Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
9/25/2017 9:00 AM
Dump has nothing bad to say about this kind of protest

9/25/2017 9:05 AM
Posted by bronxcheer on 9/25/2017 9:05:00 AM (view original):
Dump has nothing bad to say about this kind of protest

Is it during the National Anthem?
Anyone who truly can't see respecting this Country's, or any other Country's National Anthem, is important has not been raised properly.
"Funny" how much better ways of said protest, like locking arms or staying in the locker room, which don't show disrespect, have already pretty much taken over from the disrespectful kneeling.
If you still can't imagine why all the complaints about a simple kneeling, go to North Korea, or China, or Russia, and have a resident kneel during that Country's National Anthem and see what happens.
9/25/2017 10:10 AM (edited)
9/25/2017 1:36 PM
You do realize those that gave up their lives, did so to protect your (and anyone else's) right to kneel during the national anthem. I was never clear on how it is disrespecting our military to use one of the freedoms they were defending for you. By saying those who are protesting should be fired, or arrested, or hindered in any way shape or form from excersizing the constitutional rights our military fights to protect is what is disrespectful.
9/25/2017 3:24 PM
Maybe the military should give a statement saying they are fine with kneeling. Clear things right up.

like Mike, I think it will not gain widespread support because most people turn to sports as an escape outlet, not to be preached to or force fed a social point of view.
9/25/2017 3:36 PM
Or maybe the military could say "Play football for 3+ hours then fight for social justice the other 164+ hours of your week. You still have your platform as an NFL player."

When you constantly have to explain what you are/aren't protesting, you're doing a ****** job of protesting.
9/25/2017 3:53 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/25/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
You do realize those that gave up their lives, did so to protect your (and anyone else's) right to kneel during the national anthem. I was never clear on how it is disrespecting our military to use one of the freedoms they were defending for you. By saying those who are protesting should be fired, or arrested, or hindered in any way shape or form from excersizing the constitutional rights our military fights to protect is what is disrespectful.
B.S.! Giving future generations the right to protest is not the same as giving them the right to protest by disrespecting the Country.
Players have almost 7 full days every week to protest peacefully and respectfully, so why do they choose to do it only during the few minutes every week they are asked to show some respect for their Country?
9/25/2017 4:08 PM
I haven't heard much specific articulation on any injustices.
9/25/2017 4:09 PM
They're protesting that despite only 70% of NFL players being black that 97% of the excessive celebration calls are on black players. Or maybe it's related to marijuana. As you said, nobody is really saying what they're protesting.
9/25/2017 4:25 PM
1|2|3...8 Next ▸
Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.