Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

Dull primetime games?
9/25/2017 4:33 PM
Posted by all3 on 9/25/2017 4:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 9/25/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
You do realize those that gave up their lives, did so to protect your (and anyone else's) right to kneel during the national anthem. I was never clear on how it is disrespecting our military to use one of the freedoms they were defending for you. By saying those who are protesting should be fired, or arrested, or hindered in any way shape or form from excersizing the constitutional rights our military fights to protect is what is disrespectful.
B.S.! Giving future generations the right to protest is not the same as giving them the right to protest by disrespecting the Country.
Players have almost 7 full days every week to protest peacefully and respectfully, so why do they choose to do it only during the few minutes every week they are asked to show some respect for their Country?
The media is just as much at fault by bringing excessive attention to it. Keep the cameras off these assclowns and see what happens.
9/25/2017 4:37 PM
You do realize those that gave up their lives, did so to protect your (and anyone else's) right to kneel during the national anthem. I was never clear on how it is disrespecting our military to use one of the freedoms they were defending for you. By saying those who are protesting should be fired, or arrested, or hindered in any way shape or form from excersizing the constitutional rights our military fights to protect is what is disrespectful.
B.S.! Giving future generations the right to protest is not the same as giving them the right to protest by disrespecting the Country.
Players have almost 7 full days every week to protest peacefully and respectfully, so why do they choose to do it only during the few minutes every week they are asked to show some respect for their Country?
How are they disrespecting the country? They protest then because that is when the most eyes are on them. Doing some sort of protest when no one sees it kind of defeats the purpose. They certainly can't protest during the game. Personally I will always stand for the anthem, but I will never tell someone else they have to. You may not agree with the way they go about it, but they are using their right to free speech as promised in the constitution. Aren't you disrespecting the constitution by telling the players they can't protest?
9/25/2017 6:22 PM
Marshawn Lynch protests during the game. He refuses to run very far before he falls down.
9/25/2017 7:54 PM
Here's the one funny thing about all this.

Many of the protests this weekend were fueled by responding to Trump's SOB comments.

Or, in other words, Donald Trump just got a league full of black men to kneel down for him.

Maybe they haven't thought this through well enough.
9/25/2017 8:40 PM
Trump?

9/25/2017 9:30 PM
what i notice about the kneelers is they are mostly unarmed black men
9/25/2017 9:47 PM
and they were not shot by police officers

THE PROTESTS WORKED!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
9/26/2017 12:04 AM

Marie Tillman, widow of former NFL player and Army Ranger Pat Tillman, says her husband's service "should never be politicized in a way that divides us."

Marie Tillman released a statement to CNN Monday after President Trump retweeted an account referencing Pat Tillman and using the hashtag #StandForOurAnthem. Mr. Trump has criticized NFL players for kneeling during "The Star-Spangled Banner" to protest police treatment of blacks and other social injustices. More than 200 NFL players knelt or sat during the anthem this weekend.

Tillman walked away from the NFL to join the Army after the Sept. 11, 2001, attacks. He was killed by friendly fire in Afghanistan in 2004. Earlier this week, Mr. Trump retweeted a photo of Tillman with the hashtags #StandForOurAnthem and #BoycottNFL.

9/26/2017 7:10 AM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/25/2017 6:22:00 PM (view original):
How are they disrespecting the country? They protest then because that is when the most eyes are on them. Doing some sort of protest when no one sees it kind of defeats the purpose. They certainly can't protest during the game. Personally I will always stand for the anthem, but I will never tell someone else they have to. You may not agree with the way they go about it, but they are using their right to free speech as promised in the constitution. Aren't you disrespecting the constitution by telling the players they can't protest?
Are you seriously this stupid, or are you just being a pain in the azz? Do you honestly not see the difference between protesting and protesting during a time you are supposed to be honoring your Country? What are all these terribly concerned men doing with the other 167 hours and 55 minutes of every week that they can't protest then?
9/26/2017 9:46 AM
Just because you don't agree, doesn't make me stupid. Maybe I think they are honoring their country with their protest because they see something wrong in this country and they want to fix it. Who knows what they are doing with the rest of their time? I certainly don't, and I doubt you do either. Maybe they are doing things that don't get any publicity. Maybe they are sitting on their ***** playing video games. They protest during that 5 minutes because that is when they will have the largest viewing audience.
9/26/2017 12:54 PM
If NFL players were doing anything to make a difference, we'd know. Chris Long is donating 6 game checks to scholarships in Charlottesville. I'm not sure I understand the expected impact, or why HS students in Charlottesville need scholarship money more than one is Kalamazoo, but he's doing something with HIS money on HIS time. And we know about it.
9/26/2017 1:15 PM
Tax write-off? Publicity whore?
9/26/2017 1:19 PM
that's one guy. Do you actually think we would know what every NFL player does in his spare time or with his money?
9/26/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/26/2017 12:54:00 PM (view original):
Just because you don't agree, doesn't make me stupid. Maybe I think they are honoring their country with their protest because they see something wrong in this country and they want to fix it. Who knows what they are doing with the rest of their time? I certainly don't, and I doubt you do either. Maybe they are doing things that don't get any publicity. Maybe they are sitting on their ***** playing video games. They protest during that 5 minutes because that is when they will have the largest viewing audience.
Disagreeing with the protests doesn't make you stupid, but pretending there is no difference between a protest that millions of people feels spits on the Country and one that doesn't, certainly does. All these players had all off-season to organize and/or participate in some sort of protest, but did any of them do anything at all? They must be totally outraged, huh? More "Look at me!" from today's athletes, and this time at the Country's expense. Thank goodness millions of NFL fans are outraged and uniting in saying it needs to stop.
9/26/2017 2:39 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...8 Next ▸
Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.