Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

respect!

or patent disrespect

you decide
9/28/2017 5:18 PM (edited)
Again grasping at irrelevant straws. Liberals are so freakin' dumb (or stubborn) that it always ends-up being laughable.

What do either of these have to do with racism or kneeling during the National Anthem? Is anyone arguing that all kneeling is bad? This is almost as lame as saying people who use their fireplace are racist because they burn wood, just like those who burn crosses on people's lawn. Just admitting you're wrong would make you look a lot less idiotic.
9/29/2017 9:30 AM
I'm actually becoming OK with players kneeling for the anthem. If they want to make an empty stupid disrespectful gesture that loses them sponsors, advertising revenue, and future income, THAT'S THEIR RIGHT AS AMERICANS.

Just don't complain when people call you "un-patriotic" or "ungrateful" or "disrespectful"... and no owner in the NFL will touch you with a 10-foot pole. THAT'S THEIR RIGHT AS AMERICANS TOO.

It goes both ways.
9/29/2017 11:10 AM
As many people are trying to support the NFL players who are kneeling for the anthem as some sort or moral compass for America, we should stop and think about why these same players are not kneeling in protest against the domestic violence and sexual assaults their fellow players are committing on a regular basis.
9/29/2017 11:38 AM
oh those coloured people!
9/29/2017 11:56 AM
Posted by all3 on 9/29/2017 9:30:00 AM (view original):
Again grasping at irrelevant straws. Liberals are so freakin' dumb (or stubborn) that it always ends-up being laughable.

What do either of these have to do with racism or kneeling during the National Anthem? Is anyone arguing that all kneeling is bad? This is almost as lame as saying people who use their fireplace are racist because they burn wood, just like those who burn crosses on people's lawn. Just admitting you're wrong would make you look a lot less idiotic.
opinions are not wrong or right, dude. They are opinions. Just because you have an opinion, that does not make it fact. Again, calling people idiotic. And you say liberals always call people names and insults.
9/29/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 9/29/2017 12:36:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 9/29/2017 9:30:00 AM (view original):

opinions are not wrong or right, dude. They are opinions. Just because you have an opinion, that does not make it fact. Again, calling people idiotic. And you say liberals always call people names and insults.
If someone claims that in their opinion 2 + 2 < 4, their opinion is wrong, just like those who claim kneeling during the National Anthem is not disrespectful..
9/29/2017 2:54 PM
Are we not drawing lines on the definitions of opinion and fact?
9/29/2017 3:31 PM
NIMHO
9/29/2017 3:41 PM
If millions and millions of people find something disrespectful, doesn't that mean it's disrespectful, even if some think it isn't?
For example, millions and millions of people think using a certain "n-word" is disrespectful, but some don't - is it? (Seems I think it is but you don't.)
9/29/2017 3:55 PM
I think 'a few' is probably downplaying one side to elevate your point.

I don't agree or disagree with your actual point. I don't care for either side.

I do know that what you describe is factually considered an opinion.
9/29/2017 4:06 PM
Posted by all3 on 9/29/2017 3:55:00 PM (view original):
If millions and millions of people find something disrespectful, doesn't that mean it's disrespectful, even if some think it isn't?
For example, millions and millions of people think using a certain "n-word" is disrespectful, but some don't - is it? (Seems I think it is but you don't.)
2 = 2 < 4 is not an opinion. It is a fact. It can be proven. No matter how many millions find something disrespectful, it is still just an opinion. It may be a popular opinion, but it is an opinion. Like you said, millions of people think the "n word" is disrespectful (I'm one of them) but I bet you can find millions of people who don't think it is. Are they wrong? You and I may think so, but you can't prove they are wrong. I know there are millions who think kneeling for the anthem is disrespectful. I also know there are millions who do not think its disrespectful. It also depends on the situation. Kneeling for the anthem can be disrespectful, but in the case of the NFL players I don't think they mean it in a disrespectful way (or at least most of them don't). If Donald's buddy Putin kneels for the national anthem, I'd guess he is probably being disrespectful. Kneeling in protest because you see something you think is wrong with our country and want it fixed, is not disrespectful in my opinion.
9/29/2017 6:03 PM
I'll proudly stand with the millions of NFL fans who have cancelled TV packages, burned team items, roundly booed disrespectful players, cancelled players' endorsements and removed the NFL from their businesses. Thank God the players' actions are being met with consequences by people you still believe there is a right and wrong way to do things in this Country.
9/30/2017 9:57 AM
good for you. That is your right.. And once more, just because you believe it is the right way or the wrong way to do something, does not make it so.
9/30/2017 1:25 PM
This isn't making meatloaf or painting an abstract, this is respecting America, it's History, and those who have died to give us the rights we do have. There IS a right and wrong. So people burning flags, that's ok too? What about p*ssing on flags, is that disrespectful? How about p*ssing on them and then burning them? I'm sure I could find someone of the opinion that it's not disrespectful, so it must not be, right?
9/30/2017 3:41 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7|8 Next ▸
Stand Up For the Anthem Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.