Buh-Bye Melo Topic

Thank God. I may actually watch the Knicks for the 1st time in years
9/25/2017 9:16 AM
My take on Melo as a resident of Colorado when he got to the league...
He was really not ready to be a superstar and shouldn't have been asked to be one. He has some star attributes, but he's so far from being a Wade or Lebron. However...he basically took Denver from 17 wins to 43, so I give him credit there. His game improved steadily which was impressive. He was given some good role players, but none that were dominant. I mean Wade DID have Shaq. Kobe did have Shaq and Pau. And now lets get to the overlooked part of his career:
THE WESTERN CONFERENCE OF DEATH!!
Lebron had to get through what exactly early in his career? Detroit. That's about it.
Look at the West when Melo was coming up and keep in mind most of these guys were in the prime of their careers:
Nash, Matrix and Amares' Suns, Kobe, Pau, Timmy, Gino Parker and Pop, Dirk, Boozer, AK47, Dwill, Ray Allen, CP3, Brand, Bibby's Kings(hey they were pretty damn good), KD Westbrook and Harden.
I don't think there has ever been a tougher conference that the West in those years. The Spurs team that blanked Lebron in the Finals was Denver's first opponent in the playoffs that year. The Lakers team they lost to in the WCF won it all over Dwight's Magic.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the guy. Can't stand that over the top wanna be NYC accent. He is not an all around player, and after Denver, he took a big step back in NY and probably gave up almost as soon as he got there. But as Barkley said, he was at one time a hellacious offensive force from anywhere on the court. He just wasn't a LeBron and shouldn't have been asked to be one. Give him a Pau, Garnett, Shaq or put him in the East and his career could be different. CP3 has a similar story. Why can't he win? Look who he would have had to beat!
He will have no pressure on him in OKC and could be a fun watch. As for NY, Melo was a small part of the dumpster fire that franchise is. Look what they got for him after all.
I love to hate they guy, but he pretty much delivered and has stayed injury free (easier to do when you don't play D).
9/25/2017 9:39 PM (edited)
The team of black holes will be an intriguing watch come playoff time.
9/25/2017 9:50 PM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 9/25/2017 9:50:00 PM (view original):
The team of black holes will be an intriguing watch come playoff time.
Careful; Liberals on this site will call you racist for comments like that.
9/26/2017 10:22 AM
Melo is a str8 baller. I hope to see him back in N.Y. to ball with D'angelo in Brooklyn
9/30/2017 1:56 AM
Posted by pointfwd on 9/25/2017 9:39:00 PM (view original):
My take on Melo as a resident of Colorado when he got to the league...
He was really not ready to be a superstar and shouldn't have been asked to be one. He has some star attributes, but he's so far from being a Wade or Lebron. However...he basically took Denver from 17 wins to 43, so I give him credit there. His game improved steadily which was impressive. He was given some good role players, but none that were dominant. I mean Wade DID have Shaq. Kobe did have Shaq and Pau. And now lets get to the overlooked part of his career:
THE WESTERN CONFERENCE OF DEATH!!
Lebron had to get through what exactly early in his career? Detroit. That's about it.
Look at the West when Melo was coming up and keep in mind most of these guys were in the prime of their careers:
Nash, Matrix and Amares' Suns, Kobe, Pau, Timmy, Gino Parker and Pop, Dirk, Boozer, AK47, Dwill, Ray Allen, CP3, Brand, Bibby's Kings(hey they were pretty damn good), KD Westbrook and Harden.
I don't think there has ever been a tougher conference that the West in those years. The Spurs team that blanked Lebron in the Finals was Denver's first opponent in the playoffs that year. The Lakers team they lost to in the WCF won it all over Dwight's Magic.

Don't get me wrong, I really don't like the guy. Can't stand that over the top wanna be NYC accent. He is not an all around player, and after Denver, he took a big step back in NY and probably gave up almost as soon as he got there. But as Barkley said, he was at one time a hellacious offensive force from anywhere on the court. He just wasn't a LeBron and shouldn't have been asked to be one. Give him a Pau, Garnett, Shaq or put him in the East and his career could be different. CP3 has a similar story. Why can't he win? Look who he would have had to beat!
He will have no pressure on him in OKC and could be a fun watch. As for NY, Melo was a small part of the dumpster fire that franchise is. Look what they got for him after all.
I love to hate they guy, but he pretty much delivered and has stayed injury free (easier to do when you don't play D).
I agree new surroundings and being the #2 will be good for Melo. He and the Knicks office were at war and best for all to split.
10/19/2017 7:05 AM
#2 ? Did Westbrook or George get hurt?
10/19/2017 10:05 AM
Buh-Bye Melo Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.