9/26/2017 2:04 PM
You can just call me weedman17 from now on.
9/26/2017 5:46 PM
9/27/2017 12:17 PM
I'll pour one out for him when I get home
9/27/2017 12:23 PM
hopefully even more teams / coaches get caught , cause we all know they didn't come close to finding them all , hopefully these guys speak up and actually make a good change for college basketball as over the past 5 years or so it has gotten really really bad, random 5 stars going to jo blow school, i know it happens sometimes, but over the past few years its gotten really strange and with all this news , its not surprising anymore.
Probably why mitchell robinson just left school and is now just going to workout for the draft.
9/27/2017 12:28 PM
Pitino will still get another top Job. He is as corrupt as any Coach ever has been, but teflon coated. Bad reputation will not stick to him.
9/28/2017 1:47 PM
Reputation will stick. But he can coach and will coach again. Louisville is just a refuge for questionable character with Pitino and Petrino. Another school will happily be successful with questionable character.
9/28/2017 1:50 PM
CBS/ABC/WSJ/ESPN all reporting that Pitino is Coach 2 in the indictment, which means he helped personally arrange paying the player. If this is true, the NCAA will give him a massive show cause order. Dave Bliss, Donnie Tyndal and Andre McGee all got 10 year show cause orders; no way that Pitino's would be less than 10 years and he might get more. Nobody is hiring a coach with a show cause order, no matter how good the coach is -- if you hire him, you basically have to agree to take on sanctions. Pitino is 65; after a 10 year show cause order, he would be too old and too far removed from the game for anyone to hire him. He's done.
9/28/2017 3:40 PM
Forgive my ignorance, and laziness to google. What is a show cause order? At least now everyone will forget about UNC :)
9/28/2017 3:43 PM
Posted by indiansrck27 on 9/28/2017 3:43:00 PM (view original):
Forgive my ignorance, and laziness to google. What is a show cause order? At least now everyone will forget about UNC :)
The NCAA can issue a show cause order against a coach who has committed violations. If the NCAA hits a coach with a 10-year show cause order, that means for the next 10 years, any school that hires him has to either (1) agree to abide by the sanctions that are imposed against that coach or (2) appear before the NCAA and "show cause" why those sanctions should not be imposed. As a practical matter, #2 doesn't happen, so you have to agree to the sanctions.

As an example, Donnie Tyndall (ex Tennessee and Southern Miss bball coach) has a 10-year show cause penalty. If Big State U wants to hire him, they have to either (1) agree to suspend him from all coaching duties until that 10 years expires or (2) go to the NCAA and argue that the penalty is too harsh, Tyndall has served his time and can be trusted. Tyndall is an extreme example. Some coaches might have a 5 year show cause where during that time, any school that hires them can't let them do off-campus recruiting or they can't make recruiting phone calls, etc.

Long story short: it is a NCAA punishment that follows the coach to any NCAA school they coach at.
9/28/2017 3:59 PM
Beside Louisville and the 4 schools with the assistant coaches, the school that will get hit hardest is Illinois. They just hired Brad Underwood and have started to gain traction with 2 four star recruits and a consensus 5 star from Chicago. However, there is a good chance Underwood knew what happened at Oklahoma State and will get fired before he coaches a game.
9/28/2017 5:04 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 9/28/2017 5:04:00 PM (view original):
Beside Louisville and the 4 schools with the assistant coaches, the school that will get hit hardest is Illinois. They just hired Brad Underwood and have started to gain traction with 2 four star recruits and a consensus 5 star from Chicago. However, there is a good chance Underwood knew what happened at Oklahoma State and will get fired before he coaches a game.
I was thinking exactly the same thing. The ONE positive thing going for them is that Whitman will NOT screw around. Underwood will be gone in a flash if he gets even a faint whiff of scandal actually attached to him. The ONE positive for Underwood is that he was only there for one season, having just come from Stephen Austin just the season before (I think that was where he was, anyway).
9/29/2017 10:08 PM
Pitino says he will be vindicated. So what does that mean. He claims his assistants and boosters were behind the Prostitution deal of last year. He will claim the same now with this pay for play scandal.

You cannot tell me a man so focused on his program would have missed both those situations. People talk, especially seventeen and eighteen year olds and their peers back home. He has been involved up to his eyeballs in this one....PERIOD.
10/3/2017 10:13 AM
We've all heard this same song and dance 1000 times in sports. Usually it was about players not using steroids and they'd deny til they died. Almost always turned out to be full of sh!t
10/3/2017 11:20 AM
12 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.