I'm new here. Played a few seasons a few years back. I have a suspicion about some of these teams/coaches. I see at least one obvious example of someone with two teams in the same division. While it's their money to spend however they like, I'm not sure it's good for the league. Especially if one team is tanking hard (1-6 record, 9 interceptions thrown in the last game)... Thoughts? Is this common?
9/26/2017 2:55 PM
I think the guidelines are that it's ok to have two teams in the same division if they are more than a certain distance apart. I don't know what that distance is off-hand.
9/26/2017 3:24 PM
...and my thinking is you are not allowed to have more than one team in any one world under one account. But I've been away for a couple years.
9/26/2017 4:40 PM
Posted by bjschumacher on 9/26/2017 3:24:00 PM (view original):
I think the guidelines are that it's ok to have two teams in the same division if they are more than a certain distance apart. I don't know what that distance is off-hand.
1000 miles is what I've always heard.
9/26/2017 4:44 PM
Dont know what the rules are. But miles are not enough for "me" to feel ok with having 2 teams in same div and world. I will always feel suspicious if a coach has that. Christ there are enough worlds so you dont have to have this situation.
It's too easy to screw with your competitors recruiting if you dont mind one of your teams tanking in order to help the other team.
9/26/2017 6:44 PM
Posted by mojolad on 9/26/2017 6:44:00 PM (view original):
Dont know what the rules are. But miles are not enough for "me" to feel ok with having 2 teams in same div and world. I will always feel suspicious if a coach has that. Christ there are enough worlds so you dont have to have this situation.
It's too easy to screw with your competitors recruiting if you dont mind one of your teams tanking in order to help the other team.
This.
9/26/2017 8:03 PM
Well, in the obvious case that I'm referring to above it looks like this:
Owner1 gives up team1 in an empty conference. Owner2 gets the team. Owner1 (an accomplished player in GD) tanks in the conference with the new team that was acquired. Meanwhile Owner 2 (never played GD a day in their life) is undefeated with the same team that Owner1 (accomplished GD player with 2 Natl' Championships) left the previous year. Owner2 also joined the day that the new league started sign-ups.

I know I'm no Director of the FBI or anything.. It just stinks of collusion. Even if it's good by the rules, I'm not sure if I like it. If it affects the game experience, it would suck.. But, I'm already committed to playing. So, I guess none of this really matters anyway.
9/26/2017 8:29 PM
9/26/2017 9:55 PM
Posted by bagchucker on 9/26/2017 9:55:00 PM (view original):
cheaters gonna cheat

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-YP3pIPp8P8
Thanks.. Danny O'Keefe is now in my iTunes!
9/26/2017 10:27 PM
Posted by levimturner on 9/26/2017 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Owner1 gives up team1 in an empty conference. Owner2 gets the team. Owner1 (an accomplished player in GD) tanks in the conference with the new team that was acquired. Meanwhile Owner 2 (never played GD a day in their life) is undefeated with the same team that Owner1 (accomplished GD player with 2 Natl' Championships) left the previous year. Owner2 also joined the day that the new league started sign-ups.

I know I'm no Director of the FBI or anything.. It just stinks of collusion. Even if it's good by the rules, I'm not sure if I like it. If it affects the game experience, it would suck.. But, I'm already committed to playing. So, I guess none of this really matters anyway.
Levi, can you post the names of the coaches, and "they" can explain the situation?

Hard to figure it out without knowing the conference and coaches involved.

There may be a rational explanation.
9/26/2017 10:44 PM
Good Song Bag. Listening as I write this :)
9/26/2017 11:47 PM
Does wis actually have any rules stating one team per world or division. I've always heard the 1000 mile deal and read where some suspicious crap was reported. Idk.
9/27/2017 12:20 AM

I'm not getting the point you are trying to make. What I read.

-accomplished owner leaves a stacked team. Newbie owner takes over and wins. ( to be expected, especially the first year)
- accomplished owner grabs a new team in conference and tanks? Why would he tank? Maybe he acquired a sim team. Can't turn those teams around the first year.

Your example shows nothing in the way of collusion.
9/27/2017 8:02 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/26/2017 6:44:00 PM (view original):
agree. its just not the right thing to do.
9/27/2017 8:10 AM
Posted by chetty1963 on 9/26/2017 10:44:00 PM (view original):

Levi, can you post the names of the coaches, and "they" can explain the situation?

Hard to figure it out without knowing the conference and coaches involved.

There may be a rational explanation.
I'm new to the forums. I don't want any trouble. Really, it's none of my business. But, if you must know it's in Warner, MIAA, DIII.
9/27/2017 9:04 AM
123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.