Posted by realist9900 on 9/27/2017 8:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by levimturner on 9/26/2017 8:29:00 PM (view original):
Well, in the obvious case that I'm referring to above it looks like this:
Owner1 gives up team1 in an empty conference. Owner2 gets the team. Owner1 (an accomplished player in GD) tanks in the conference with the new team that was acquired. Meanwhile Owner 2 (never played GD a day in their life) is undefeated with the same team that Owner1 (accomplished GD player with 2 Natl' Championships) left the previous year. Owner2 also joined the day that the new league started sign-ups.

I know I'm no Director of the FBI or anything.. It just stinks of collusion. Even if it's good by the rules, I'm not sure if I like it. If it affects the game experience, it would suck.. But, I'm already committed to playing. So, I guess none of this really matters anyway.
I'm not getting the point you are trying to make. What I read.

-accomplished owner leaves a stacked team. Newbie owner takes over and wins. ( to be expected, especially the first year)
- accomplished owner grabs a new team in conference and tanks? Why would he tank? Maybe he acquired a sim team. Can't turn those teams around the first year.

Your example shows nothing in the way of collusion.
Maybe there isn't collusion. I would just feel better if the accomplished owner wasn't throwing 9 interceptions in the game against his old team. Just think about that... When was the last time you threw 9 picks in a game realist?
9/27/2017 9:07 AM
If accomplished owner picked up a rebuild(a crappy team to have a project to turn into a winner), then no matter how good the coach is, a mess of interceptions would be par for the course. Especially against better teams.
Not looking to chastise you Levi. Or mess with you in any way. Just saying....
9/27/2017 9:58 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/27/2017 9:58:00 AM (view original):
If accomplished owner picked up a rebuild(a crappy team to have a project to turn into a winner), then no matter how good the coach is, a mess of interceptions would be par for the course. Especially against better teams.
Yep - with a crappy QB and/or low formation IQ, you can throw a dozen interceptions.
9/27/2017 10:02 AM
Posted by mojolad on 9/27/2017 9:58:00 AM (view original):
No worries. I've been away from the game for a long time. I just didn't know if this was purposefully done or just how it goes. It's all good!
9/27/2017 3:06 PM
Can you have 2 teams in the same world in different divisions like one in D1AA and one in D2?
9/27/2017 5:40 PM
From the FairPlay Guidelines:

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.
9/27/2017 5:47 PM

One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams.

9/27/2017 6:32 PM
Posted by levimturner on 9/27/2017 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chetty1963 on 9/26/2017 10:44:00 PM (view original):
Owner1 gives up team1 in an empty conference. Owner2 gets the team. Owner1 (an accomplished player in GD) tanks in the conference with the new team that was acquired. Meanwhile Owner 2 (never played GD a day in their life) is undefeated with the same team that Owner1 (accomplished GD player with 2 Natl' Championships) left the previous year. Owner2 also joined the day that the new league started sign-ups.

I know I'm no Director of the FBI or anything.. It just stinks of collusion. Even if it's good by the rules, I'm not sure if I like it. If it affects the game experience, it would suck.. But, I'm already committed to playing. So, I guess none of this really matters anyway.
Levi, can you post the names of the coaches, and "they" can explain the situation?

Hard to figure it out without knowing the conference and coaches involved.

There may be a rational explanation.
I'm new to the forums. I don't want any trouble. Really, it's none of my business. But, if you must know it's in Warner, MIAA, DIII.
The only thing I see in Warner MIAA is alphaflight moving from Adrian to Colorado, after one season of coaching Adrian. (Colorado has been considered the second best recruiting school area in D3, after Huntingdon, although the previous coach apparently couldn't exploit that.)

Alphaflight's success came in Wilkinson; in fact, this is only his second season in Warner.

Adrian was taken over by "DonutDude" - indeed a new coach with no previous record in any world.
9/27/2017 8:07 PM
I hate it, and I've put in so many tickets and WIS has told me "there is nothing to see here" but I disagree. The way WIS has looked the other way with this issue might keep me from coming back.
9/27/2017 11:07 PM
Posted by bhazlewood on 9/27/2017 8:07:00 PM (view original):
Posted by levimturner on 9/27/2017 9:04:00 AM (view original):
Posted by chetty1963 on 9/26/2017 10:44:00 PM (view original):

Levi, can you post the names of the coaches, and "they" can explain the situation?

Hard to figure it out without knowing the conference and coaches involved.

There may be a rational explanation.
I'm new to the forums. I don't want any trouble. Really, it's none of my business. But, if you must know it's in Warner, MIAA, DIII.
The only thing I see in Warner MIAA is alphaflight moving from Adrian to Colorado, after one season of coaching Adrian. (Colorado has been considered the second best recruiting school area in D3, after Huntingdon, although the previous coach apparently couldn't exploit that.)

Alphaflight's success came in Wilkinson; in fact, this is only his second season in Warner.

Adrian was taken over by "DonutDude" - indeed a new coach with no previous record in any world.
Lol... So, is this a "nothing to see here" kinda thing? I really didn't know the best way to ask about this. That's why this post is called suspicious.
9/28/2017 8:20 AM (edited)
Posted by bigkeithdog on 9/27/2017 11:07:00 PM (view original):
I hate it, and I've put in so many tickets and WIS has told me "there is nothing to see here" but I disagree. The way WIS has looked the other way with this issue might keep me from coming back.
Totally agree.

The rule reads, "One person (regardless of account used) cannot control more than one team in the same world within the same conference or within 1,000 miles or less of one another. Violation of this rule will lead to a forced relocation or removal from one of the teams." That says two things: you cannot have teams in the same division, and you cannot have teams 1000 miles apart or less. What they really need to say [attention Seble] is that you cannot have two teams in the same world, period, and violation of the rule will result in termination of the account(s). Anything short of that is aiding and abetting cheating.
9/28/2017 11:47 AM
Coach should not be allowed to have ANY 2 or more teams in same world. Because if you take a higher level team 1AA or 1A and your other team is d2, then the higher level team can be the one you tank AND it has way more money to mess up your competitors in d2 by taking their best recruits..
Especially with all the worlds there should be no more than 1 team per world allowed !
9/28/2017 2:14 PM
I've just returned after a few years hiatus, and to me there is suspicious stuff that seems hard to explain. My conference is ruled by a guy who's been there forever. I mean he's borderline 1-AA in Div3. My question is are guys like him actual developers or webheads of this game? All I know is he now gets to meet a SIM team in the conference final despite the fact there are two legit owners in my division. Yes, this SIM team had a better conference record than both of us. How is that possible, that I beat this SIM team, only to have it beat the other owner, who in turn, pummelled me? And now Mr.Perennial conference champ, gets to play this SIM team in a Championship. Gee, I wonder what the outcome will be.
9/28/2017 4:09 PM
Collusion has been going on in Leahy for months. Issue is widely known, but WIS refused to do anything about it and chastised at least one user who initially reported it.
9/28/2017 6:49 PM
I wouldn't get too worked up over anything in D3. There are tons of recruits to sign --- and you shouldn't want to stay in D3 for more than one season. Move up to D2. Look for new jobs in conferences that you think you can have fun in.
9/28/2017 7:00 PM
◂ Prev 123 Next ▸

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.