Lost three VH to H in a row Topic

Posted by shoe3 on 10/2/2017 1:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by johnsensing on 10/2/2017 12:48:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 10/2/2017 11:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by zorzii on 10/2/2017 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 10/2/2017 11:29:00 AM (view original):
Don't worry, beanie. You're safe in D3 and empty D1 conferences. Keep curating those nice records with carefully chosen opponents and locations. No one will make you stop smurfing until you're good and ready.

If you do ever change your mind, there's an open spot right next to me in Providence. We'd love to have you.
What world?
Allen
shoe, I'm at Syracuse in Allen, and you're not in my conference. Nor are you apparently in Allen at all. Are you and pkoopman the same person?
Yes. Not a secret or anything. It's why benis refers to me as "poopman". He's still a little upset that I voted more than once in a poll he set up once about a year ago, that was simultaneously not serious, and worth getting his panties wadded up about.
Figured it wasn't a secret -- our disagreements re: 3.0 aside, I certainly give you credit for being smarter than spud.
10/2/2017 1:12 PM
If anyone is bored - you can read all about Pollgate here

Some winning quotes from poopman in that thread

"If my extra vote makes a difference in the end, feel free to remove one for your own satisfaction."
"I voted twice because I assumed others may as well"
"If it makes you feel better, Matt (original shoe3) is home on semester break. I just explained the new process to him, and he agrees with me."

Winning quote from Benis in that thread
"My panties are super wadded up. But I kind of like them that way.. is that weird?"
10/2/2017 1:13 PM
See how upset benis is? Of course, he also thinks he's the HD version of Aaron Rodgers, and calls *other players* delusional. So you know, grain of salt.
10/2/2017 1:19 PM
Actually Darnoc was Aaron Rodgers.
10/2/2017 1:21 PM
Who is Benis's Football equivalent?
Votes: 7
(Last vote received: 10/2/2017 9:01 PM)
10/2/2017 1:33 PM
For this special poll - I will allow everyone to vote TWICE. But no more! We gotta compromise somewhere.
10/2/2017 1:34 PM
Aw, look at him get all self-deprecating all of a sudden.

Add Daunte Culpepper to the poll, and maybe I'll vote twice.
10/2/2017 1:41 PM
Self deprecation?? Eli has 2 rings.
10/2/2017 1:51 PM
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/2/2017 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 10/1/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Mike-that's kind of the point though. You and Spud have alluded to the fact that 'if you aren't going all in then you aren't really giving yourself the best chance possible.' By that logic you can only target 1 player per 3 openings you have as that's the only way you can throw 80 APs per cycle at a kid. After awhile you're only gonna roster 4 or 5 players. You can't put every single AP towards just 1 or 2 recruits with 4+ openings and expect to field a D1-worthy team.

Spud basically argues another 50 APs on a different player could have unlocked a possible backup option while also arguing those 50 APs could have tipped the percentage needle to push another team down to moderate and then belittles zorzii for not utilizing those APs towards a primary target AND a backup option. When you have 800 APs on a kid another 50 is gonna give you at most a 3-ish% higher percentage, and that's about 2% higher than I really think it is.

As every D1 coach has stated in countless threads, D1 recruiting is just different than D2 or D3. You'll figure this out in a season or two.
1. I haven't "argued" anything recently. In this thread, I tried to help zorzii, whose mind is closed and not listening.

2. Listen to pkoopman if you want to learn something about the game.
I'm one of two coaches in 3.0 (and possibly the last 8+ years of this game) to take a D baseline school to a D1 title game. I think my handle on things is just fine.
10/2/2017 1:56 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 10/2/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Mike-that's kind of the point though. You and Spud have alluded to the fact that 'if you aren't going all in then you aren't really giving yourself the best chance possible.' By that logic you can only target 1 player per 3 openings you have as that's the only way you can throw 80 APs per cycle at a kid. After awhile you're only gonna roster 4 or 5 players. You can't put every single AP towards just 1 or 2 recruits with 4+ openings and expect to field a D1-worthy team.

Spud basically argues another 50 APs on a different player could have unlocked a possible backup option while also arguing those 50 APs could have tipped the percentage needle to push another team down to moderate and then belittles zorzii for not utilizing those APs towards a primary target AND a backup option. When you have 800 APs on a kid another 50 is gonna give you at most a 3-ish% higher percentage, and that's about 2% higher than I really think it is.

As every D1 coach has stated in countless threads, D1 recruiting is just different than D2 or D3. You'll figure this out in a season or two.
1. I haven't "argued" anything recently. In this thread, I tried to help zorzii, whose mind is closed and not listening.

I'm one of two coaches in 3.0 (and possibly the last 8+ years of this game) to take a D baseline school to a D1 title game. I think my handle on things is just fine.
Like I said - Aaron Rodgers.
10/2/2017 1:58 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/2/2017 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Do we really need a sarcasm button?

Anyway, it's amusing that benis, with his tiny little Daunte Culpepper hands, is the one in the middle of these "mine is bigger than yours" contests; which are always deflections, passive aggressive "humor" substituting for substance because you don't have an intelligent response.

As has has been stated, one doesn't need D1 titles to understand the fact that zorzii's problem, as described in the OP, is a user expectation and gameplay choice issue, not a fault of the system.
10/2/2017 2:42 PM (edited)

Nah Darnoc, you should sitemail Spud (or one of his alternate accounts, pkoopman and shoe3 work just as well) to learn more about the current game and how you can get better at recruiting.
10/2/2017 2:44 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/2/2017 2:42:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/2/2017 1:51:00 PM (view original):
Do we really need a sarcasm button?

Anyway, it's amusing that benis, with his tiny little Daunte Culpepper hands, is the one in the middle of these "mine is bigger than yours" contests; which are always deflections, passive aggressive "humor" substituting for substance because you don't have an intelligent response.

As has has been stated, one doesn't need D1 titles to understand the fact that zorzii's problem, as described in the OP, is a user expectation and gameplay choice issue, not a fault of the system.
Daunte Culpepper has tiny hands?? That guy is like 6' 5
10/2/2017 2:45 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/2/2017 2:44:00 PM (view original):

Nah Darnoc, you should sitemail Spud (or one of his alternate accounts, pkoopman and shoe3 work just as well) to learn more about the current game and how you can get better at recruiting.
You really are dumb as hell, aren't you? I was about to make a short bus joke, but now I think that might be too mean.
10/2/2017 2:46 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/2/2017 2:44:00 PM (view original):

Yeah and stop doing so well at such an easy place as Mercer! So easy! Why don't you try a real challenge and take over an A baseline team.
10/2/2017 2:47 PM
◂ Prev 1...15|16|17|18 Next ▸
Lost three VH to H in a row Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.