Lost three VH to H in a row Topic

Culpepper was a monster in Madden '00-'02. People act like Vick on his cover year changed the game, but I was scrambling like a maniac with Culpepper before Vick's rookie year.
10/2/2017 2:51 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by mbriese on 10/2/2017 2:51:00 PM (view original):
Culpepper was a monster in Madden '00-'02. People act like Vick on his cover year changed the game, but I was scrambling like a maniac with Culpepper before Vick's rookie year.
McNabb in Madden '05 FTW
10/2/2017 8:53 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by darnoc29099 on 10/2/2017 1:56:00 PM (view original):
Posted by CoachSpud on 10/2/2017 10:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by darnoc29099 on 10/1/2017 6:56:00 PM (view original):
Mike-that's kind of the point though. You and Spud have alluded to the fact that 'if you aren't going all in then you aren't really giving yourself the best chance possible.' By that logic you can only target 1 player per 3 openings you have as that's the only way you can throw 80 APs per cycle at a kid. After awhile you're only gonna roster 4 or 5 players. You can't put every single AP towards just 1 or 2 recruits with 4+ openings and expect to field a D1-worthy team.

Spud basically argues another 50 APs on a different player could have unlocked a possible backup option while also arguing those 50 APs could have tipped the percentage needle to push another team down to moderate and then belittles zorzii for not utilizing those APs towards a primary target AND a backup option. When you have 800 APs on a kid another 50 is gonna give you at most a 3-ish% higher percentage, and that's about 2% higher than I really think it is.

As every D1 coach has stated in countless threads, D1 recruiting is just different than D2 or D3. You'll figure this out in a season or two.
1. I haven't "argued" anything recently. In this thread, I tried to help zorzii, whose mind is closed and not listening.

2. Listen to pkoopman if you want to learn something about the game.
I'm one of two coaches in 3.0 (and possibly the last 8+ years of this game) to take a D baseline school to a D1 title game. I think my handle on things is just fine.
I fully understand that some people know it all already and can't learn anything new. My post, "2. Listen to pkoopman if you want to learn something about the game," was intended mainly for noobs.
10/2/2017 11:09 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18
Lost three VH to H in a row Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.