A Question: What is the fastest track to D-1A? Topic

I'm presently at DII and although I like the league, and am building a good team, I've got my eyes set on my alma mater. Which is D-1A.

I just completed my second season at DII. How many seasons here, and the next station D-IAA do I gotta spend in order to get a D-1A gig?

Thanks in advance...
9/28/2017 12:22 AM
I've spent 1 season at DIII, 2 seasons at DII, and just finished my 2nd season at D1AA. Won conf championship all 5 seasons, but still not eligible to move up to D1A. Maybe next year to non-BCS D1A team, but don't know yet.
9/28/2017 10:11 AM
genuvar once told me what has proven to be true for me so far --- 100 wins is the magic number to get a D1A gig.

If you check my Leahy resume I did it pretty quickly with one season at D3, three seasons at D2, and two seasons at D1AA before getting a BCS conference job. That was 6 seasons. I had 6 CCs and 1 NC and never lost a conference game.

I built my Dobie resume at the same time as Leahy. I stayed in D3 for four seasons and then went one season at D2 and two seasons at D1AA before getting a D1A BCS conference gig. That was 7 seasons with 6 CCs and I lost one conference game.

I hope this helps!
9/28/2017 10:20 AM
Thanks guys. This gives me a much better picture. I'm doing pretty well with my present team. 1 season at DIII, 2 seasons at DII with one conference championship. And next year I expect to be a top 15 team at worst at DII. So, not spectacular, but still good, and building toward a top 5 team (a 12th ranked recruiting class, and a 1st ranked recruiting class).

So, based on what you guys say, I'm thinking after this third season at DII, I can reasonably expect to get a D1AA gig next season.
9/28/2017 12:31 PM
97 wins, 2 CCs and a smattering of playoff wins did it for me in Wilkinson recently.
9/28/2017 1:23 PM
https://www.whatifsports.com/gd/CoachProfile/Default.aspx?uid=318459&wid=4

Ebel331 ID made Wilk DIA with 79 wins. Maybe was boosted by final season at IAA was 15-1 CC win. Maybe confused the system since first D3 experience was 100+ seasons ago lol

The quickest way to move up is obviously take over good teams and collect easy wins and trophies. Don't do rebuilds.
9/28/2017 8:45 PM
I'm in Yost, with a career record of 71 - 77. 12 seasons. Have never won a CC nor made it past the 1st round of the playoffs, which I've only made 4 times. When job changes were happening, I was qualified for positions in non-BCS conferences in D-1A.
9/28/2017 9:40 PM
A Question: What is the fastest track to D-1A? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.