Bean Town is back Topic

Where's the lie, though? The Celtics easily look like contenders for the next few years, at least in the East.
11/8/2017 9:44 PM
Posted by edsortails on 11/8/2017 3:12:00 PM (view original):
While the KG era didn't win as many titles as it could have, it did win one.

Then he went out and handled the best non tanking rebuild of modern times.
wait, he signed Shaq and drafted Kobe?
11/9/2017 8:11 AM
The Celtics look like they could contend for a number of seasons. "Look like" and "could" mean nothing.
Results are what matters, and the Celtics have 1 Title in the last 31 seasons, so let's not say anyone in their organization is getting the job done better than anyone on any other team - at least for now. If future results say that's true, then say it.
11/9/2017 9:57 AM
Some serious Boston hate there. It is fair to say the list of front offices doing better than Boston over the last 10 years is very short.
11/9/2017 2:09 PM
maybe not so much hate as an ameliorative for a little too much love - the Cs are looking pretty good right now, especially having to deal with the Heyward injury and Taytum and Brown look very promising but I can think of a couple non-tanking rebuilds in 'modern times' that have led to multiple titles so it's little premature for Ed to be making his proclamation
11/9/2017 3:50 PM
Posted by copernicus on 11/9/2017 3:50:00 PM (view original):
maybe not so much hate as an ameliorative for a little too much love - the Cs are looking pretty good right now, especially having to deal with the Heyward injury and Taytum and Brown look very promising but I can think of a couple non-tanking rebuilds in 'modern times' that have led to multiple titles so it's little premature for Ed to be making his proclamation
EXACTLY !
11/9/2017 4:07 PM
3 actually come to mind and they all have some level of flukiness (just like raping Minnesota and Brooklyn do)

HIV announcement to Shaq/Kobe
Shaq/Kobe break-up to Kobe/Pau
Dwyane/Shaq to Big Three

and that's not counting the Spurs who seemingly don't need to rebuild
11/9/2017 4:30 PM (edited)
It's ok to mask the hate as something else. I mean it is a Boston team, is there a worse city to deal with a Millennial sports fan?
11/9/2017 6:45 PM
people always hate on the Pau trade but the Grizz were a 22 win team the season before they made that trade and a 40 win team the season after and in the playoffs and reaching the semis the season after that - now the Wolves after KG on the other hand....
11/10/2017 10:36 AM
Posted by 24kpyrite on 11/9/2017 6:45:00 PM (view original):
It's ok to mask the hate as something else. I mean it is a Boston team, is there a worse city to deal with a Millennial sports fan?
they are pretty awful
11/10/2017 11:13 AM
Posted by copernicus on 11/10/2017 10:36:00 AM (view original):
people always hate on the Pau trade but the Grizz were a 22 win team the season before they made that trade and a 40 win team the season after and in the playoffs and reaching the semis the season after that - now the Wolves after KG on the other hand....
The Grizz got a pretty good Gasol brother in that deal too, who has been quite important to their relatively good seasons of late.
11/10/2017 3:47 PM
so in a conversation about effectiveness as a GM, two steals in trade are written off as fluke-like?

in general, I would say it takes much greater skill to burn someone in a trade than it does to sign an A+ free agent
11/11/2017 12:37 AM
and you say this based on all your GM experience?
11/11/2017 12:51 AM
no, I also base it on the Magic 8 ball saying "Outlook good" when I asked it if this season would confirm Danny Ainge being great at his job....

to be fair, the first time I asked it told me to ask again later.....but when I did, the response was very positive
11/11/2017 1:35 AM
the magic 8 ball is seldom wrong
11/11/2017 7:00 PM
◂ Prev 1234 Next ▸
Bean Town is back Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.