I've had 4 stud starters and a ditch guy that had like 20 starts. In the playoffs, should I stick to a 4 man rotation, drop to 3 (which 3), or maybe use some type of 1, 2a/b, 3/b?

Player Profile: Ron Wilson - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Player Profile: Boone Kline - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Player Profile: William Bukvich - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Player Profile: Jim Patterson - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Player Profile: Jorel Prince - Hardball Dynasty Baseball | WhatIfSports

Ive got two stud closers and solid middle relief as well.
10/1/2017 10:55 PM
I barely got the first series bye, so I will have everyone fully charged.
10/1/2017 10:58 PM
Use your 3 best on normal pitch counts. Then, if you need a spot starter, use your 4th best. I generally only carry 9 pitchers. If you don't want a guy pitching(Mop up, SUB or LRB), there's no need to waste a roster spot.
10/2/2017 9:47 AM
I figured that, the top three are my best three, they are all lefties, that was my only concern. My #4 is a righty, and is a top 3 on most any other rotations, not sure how to use him properly. I only took 9 as well, better off having a SB threat and an extra catcher then a 10th pitcher.
10/2/2017 10:55 AM
Starting the three lefties should make the righty more effective if/when he has to come in. He might be your best bullpen arm.

Scout the other teams' lineups. Do any of them have extreme lefty/switch lineups where it would make sense to give the righty a start in place of the weakest lefty?
10/2/2017 1:00 PM
I like Patterson more than Bukvich but I think MikeT and brianplath gave you solid advice
10/4/2017 3:25 PM
Have won the first two games of the series. Let's see if Bukvich can close the door.
10/6/2017 1:54 AM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.