Recruiting Preferences Topic

With this new recruiting, obviously I know the more good/very good you have, the better. But, just how much does it matter? Also, do certain categories outweigh others? Let's say I have Very Good on distance but Bad on Conference Power... do they cancel out each other or does one outweigh the other?
10/2/2017 2:32 PM
Just depends who else is going after them, and what their prefs are vs yours vs your prestige vs theirs ...
10/2/2017 2:40 PM
Some are worth more than others. there was a great thread on this before, I will see if I can find it. In a nut shell, CLOSE TO HOME is weighed very high and I think WANTS TO PLAY is similar. Not sure about the others,
10/2/2017 3:15 PM
Can Seble confirm this?? Ive always suspected Distance, playing time was more valuable than Offense and D prefs but lets actually get Seble to confirm this before spreading around info Seble your up
10/2/2017 3:39 PM
I know good is canceled by bad and Very good is canceled by very bad. I've used them to outweigh prestige mismatches. also as leverage against powerhouses when a recruit "wants to play" and "wants rebuild." If you can guarantee 2-3 very goods over the school you are against you will have an easier time. I haven't seen anything confirming certain preferences have higher weight than others but it might make sense.
10/2/2017 3:51 PM
from developer chat..

Do all of the preferences have equal power? In other words, is the strength of the preference for zone offense the same as the strength for the preference of Wants success? Or are some better than others. (chapelhillne - Hall of Famer - 11:52 AM)

Preferences do not carry equal weight. We'd prefer not to disclose the details on this one.

10/2/2017 4:13 PM
Posted by franklynne on 10/2/2017 4:13:00 PM (view original):
from developer chat..

Do all of the preferences have equal power? In other words, is the strength of the preference for zone offense the same as the strength for the preference of Wants success? Or are some better than others. (chapelhillne - Hall of Famer - 11:52 AM)

Preferences do not carry equal weight. We'd prefer not to disclose the details on this one.

Why wouldn't you disclose that? Is it random? is it fixed? Why wouldn't a coach be able to know what preferences mean more? That makes no logical sense.
10/2/2017 5:37 PM
Not only do they not carry equal weight (off/def are the lowest tier by far) but, much like prestige, "very goods" and "goods" within the same preference category are not equal. Two teams could both have "very good", but one could be worth tremendously more than the other.
10/2/2017 5:55 PM
Wants a long time coach appears to be a very powerful preference as well. Nothing to counteract it , new coaches are SOL when a 5+ season coach puts his hat in the ring
10/3/2017 8:58 AM
Posted by Trentonjoe on 10/2/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Some are worth more than others. there was a great thread on this before, I will see if I can find it. In a nut shell, CLOSE TO HOME is weighed very high and I think WANTS TO PLAY is similar. Not sure about the others,
Were you able to find Trenton?

Thanks for all the info guys! I am trying to get back serious into this! lol
10/5/2017 1:21 PM
I just won my first battle in 3.0 recruiting. My odds were 43% to 57% so I guess I got lucky.

My prestige advantage was B- to C, I match well with preferences, the recruit wanted to play and I offered minutes and a starting spot... Are all of these factors already calculated in the 43% odds?
10/5/2017 11:30 PM
Yes.
10/6/2017 12:57 AM
Posted by bagger288 on 10/2/2017 5:37:00 PM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 10/2/2017 4:13:00 PM (view original):
from developer chat..

Why wouldn't you disclose that? Is it random? is it fixed? Why wouldn't a coach be able to know what preferences mean more? That makes no logical sense.
They basically don't want you to be able to calculate your odds/chances of signing a recruit. In the old versions (at D1), coaches could basically calculate to the home visit what they had to spend on a kid to beat out another school.
10/6/2017 6:58 AM
The various preferences contribute to the ultimate percentage chance you have in the outcome.
10/6/2017 8:16 AM
Posted by jaymc2007 on 10/5/2017 1:21:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Trentonjoe on 10/2/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):
Were you able to find Trenton?

Thanks for all the info guys! I am trying to get back serious into this! lol
No.

Close to home was the one that really stood out to me. I'll play around with it when I have some time. The problem is that each recruit has different thresholds so it's hard to nail down exact factors.
10/6/2017 9:04 AM
12 Next ▸
Recruiting Preferences Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.