WayBack Progressive 1892 - full again Topic

We need a new owner as we are getting ready for season 3 (1887)..... details below.

Is there anyone out there looking to join a new progressive? I am testing the waters to see if there is enough interest in joining a new progressive.... starting back in 1885. If so, I would like to move ahead with it sometime this fall.

The basics are set out below. There may need to be some fine tuning, based on interest and suggestions.

Mr. Peabody’s WayBack Machine Progressive – 1885 - First Season

League concept
16 teams, split into two 8 team leagues, each with two 4-team divisions. No interleague play until after league unification (1901).

Each League will run separate drafts from 1885 until 1900. Consequently, there will likely be two of just about every player - one in each league. As of 1901, the league will be combined into 1 draft, and new "clones" may no longer be drafted, although previously existing clones will be grandfathered (i.e., both teams that own the cloned player, may keep him as long as they want, but once the cloned player is dropped by one or both teams, he may only be re-drafted by one team thereafter) AAA players will be allowed, but probably won’t be necessary, except in 1900 (when there were only 8 MLB franchises and the draft pool may be small).

Constituent Teams
National League (team names may vary, but use city and stadium associated with particular franchise)
Boston Braves, New York Giants, Philadelphia Phillies, Cincinnati Reds, St. Louis Cardinals, Chicago Cubs, Brooklyn Dodgers, Pittsburgh Pirates
American League
New York Yankees, Detroit Tigers, Boston Red Sox, Chicago White Sox, Cleveland Indians, Washington Senators, St. Louis Browns, Philadelphia Athletics

Franchises (and related stadiums) to be selected after we get 16 owners, and prior to the player draft. Random order to select teams/stadiums.

Initial draft
Two separate Snake-style (1-8, 8-1) drafts will be held – one for the National League and one for the American League. Initial draft order to be set through random.org. Team and stadium to be selected prior to initial draft.

No trades may be made during the initial draft. However trading (including trading of draft picks for following season) will be allowed during subsequent years' drafts. In other words, in the 1886 draft, teams may trade for picks in the 1887 draft.

Subsequent drafts
Teams will draft in reverse order of the league standings as of game 120. Wins floor to be set at 35W, failure to meet that level will result in loss of 3-4 draft positions for first round only. (to be confirmed)

AAA (sim-generated players)
Until such time as there are a sufficient number of real life players, we will make use of below-average calibre minor leaguers as generated by WIS. There will be 6 position players, and 4 pitchers generated. That should be more than enough to allow player movement, to help with team fatigue. These guys will not likely be stars, but they should help. These players may be used in trades, but cannot be protected at season’s end.
AAA (“left-over” MLB players)
At a certain point, but probably not for a long time if we ever get that far, there may be sufficient numbers of left-over MLB players in the WIS database. Once that happens, we will allow a draft of the left-overs, and cease to allow use of the sim-generated guys – except possibly as trade filler.

Questions? Sitemail me or post them here....

3/11/2018 1:12 PM (edited)
I would be interested in this if it does get rolling you can count me in.
10/3/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by soltres on 10/3/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
I would be interested in this if it does get rolling you can count me in.
Cool... will add you to the list.
10/3/2017 1:52 PM
I'm interested.
10/3/2017 11:30 PM
Posted by ShackAttack on 10/3/2017 11:30:00 PM (view original):
I'm interested.
You're in...
10/4/2017 7:35 AM
Interested
10/5/2017 9:31 AM
Posted by danidon on 10/5/2017 9:31:00 AM (view original):
Interested
Great... I will add you to our list.
10/5/2017 9:45 AM
Interested (16):
dreeves
chrisekeedei
mark102857
epup1975
flbarons
impaulster99 - left after season 2
bomain
soltres
ShackAttack
danidon - left after season 1
ace1430
Bootone
moser34
dbjerke
gwhouse
spoonfed

waitlist
stroh23 - joined for Season 2
coyote522
cpdpoet
cardinaldave - joined for Season 3
Shaftmonster
rhinokb
jamesa - joined for Season 5
8/26/2018 6:26 PM (edited)
Like the idea. But career records would make it a no go for me. How about 1885/1955(rookies only) 24 teams.
10/7/2017 5:59 PM
Career records? No... still going with season-by-season records.
10/7/2017 6:49 PM
I'll give it a shot!
10/8/2017 2:06 PM
Posted by Bootone on 10/8/2017 2:06:00 PM (view original):
I'll give it a shot!
Great.... I'll add you to our discussion forum. Thanks
10/8/2017 2:30 PM
Moser34 has indicated interest by sitemail
10/8/2017 6:44 PM
Just need 1 more (but I will also keep a waitlist)
10/11/2017 10:15 AM
I will take the last spot
10/11/2017 9:22 PM
123 Next ▸
WayBack Progressive 1892 - full again Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.