IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD Topic

Posted by laramiebob on 10/6/2017 11:27:00 AM (view original):
The REASON Kaepernink (sp?) started kneeling (rather than sitting on a bench as he had previously) was that he was requested to do that (kneel) instead because it was more respectful. Kaepernink has consulted with friends/military veterans and THEY suggested he kneel during the anthem to show respect.

Funny how the chumptards like to ignore that little fact/detail.

Been away and just read this.
First, I ain't no chumptard for disliking Kap's disrespect. To me, not standing is disrespectful period.

And, sounds to me that if it was "more" respectful to go to a knee indicates that sitting was disrespectful to begin with.

Hey ... Call Bud then relax.
10/10/2017 12:07 PM
Kaepernick allegedly protests for civil rights, but wears a shirt with Fidel Castro on the front.

That, my friends, is the "logic" of the media-programmed Left.

click $, click $, click $
10/10/2017 12:19 PM
nike shirt would make it different
10/10/2017 12:27 PM
Tom (and all the others that feel the same). You have every right to feel it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. So does chump and all the others.
BUT, that don't make it so. You are right IMO (FWIW), that sitting was more disrespectful in most folks eyes. Apparently including the veterans Kaepernink spoke with. Which is why he started kneeling.

To ME, kneeling is respectful. It's a symbol of humility. It's a request for blessing from the Creator.

No one (not even the POTUS) has the RIGHT to decide for others what is respectful and what isn't!!!
Those kinds of decisions made by a government is EXACTLY why the framers of our Country established the 1st and 2nd Amendments (and probably other verbiage as well). I point out that the Founding Fathers would NOT ratify our Constitution until it was modified to include the 1st 10 Amendments (commonly called the Bill of Rights). Without those initial 10 (apparently) the framers felt the (original draft) Constitution provided to much power to the central government and thus included the Bill of Rights for US citizens to use! Which is what the players are doing! Exercising their rights under law to peacefully protest. It's NOT just the NFL either. So F**k Jerry Jones, who will condone abuse if it helps him win a stupid game of football. There is now even an NHL player protesting during the anthem.

We should ALL kneel more............ and criticize others less.
I'm as guilty as everyone else on that one. I think most humans are stupid morons!
10/10/2017 12:53 PM
Most humans ARE stupid morons.
10/10/2017 1:14 PM
For me, it's the fact they are doing anything to protest the the flag and the USA when the acts they are being told to be upset about are not committed by the USA or anyone acting on its behalf.

And it's unhealthy for our nation. Instead of these guys raising funds for defense lawyers or DNA exonerations or even funding a netflix documentary on police brutality in certain cities, they are kneeling. It's a juvenile gesture that promotes an attitude of rebellion against authority. It leads to FIVE OFFICERS GETTING KILLED IN DALLAS, a city where there were no incidents of police shooting black men.

There's a fundamental lack of common sense in this debate. Do people in the USA have the right to protest the flag- yeah, a Conservative, Justice Scalia wrote the opinion that says that its Constitutional to burn the flag in protest, but you really need to step back and ask yourself if what is going on is really helping the situation or is just designed to get people to react emotionally to something they really have very little actual knowledge about.

People are too caught up in this theoretical debate about free speech rights and not looking at what is actually going on when the anthem stops playing.

10/10/2017 1:19 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/10/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
Tom (and all the others that feel the same). You have every right to feel it's disrespectful to kneel during the anthem. So does chump and all the others.
BUT, that don't make it so. You are right IMO (FWIW), that sitting was more disrespectful in most folks eyes. Apparently including the veterans Kaepernink spoke with. Which is why he started kneeling.

To ME, kneeling is respectful. It's a symbol of humility. It's a request for blessing from the Creator.

No one (not even the POTUS) has the RIGHT to decide for others what is respectful and what isn't!!!
Those kinds of decisions made by a government is EXACTLY why the framers of our Country established the 1st and 2nd Amendments (and probably other verbiage as well). I point out that the Founding Fathers would NOT ratify our Constitution until it was modified to include the 1st 10 Amendments (commonly called the Bill of Rights). Without those initial 10 (apparently) the framers felt the (original draft) Constitution provided to much power to the central government and thus included the Bill of Rights for US citizens to use! Which is what the players are doing! Exercising their rights under law to peacefully protest. It's NOT just the NFL either. So F**k Jerry Jones, who will condone abuse if it helps him win a stupid game of football. There is now even an NHL player protesting during the anthem.

We should ALL kneel more............ and criticize others less.
I'm as guilty as everyone else on that one. I think most humans are stupid morons!

I disagree right off the bat. Do you honestly think that no President of any country cannot appeal or reach out to his people to honor their country? Well over the almost 70 years of my life (yikes....70) I have never seen, even a commie country, disrespect their country like we are seeing today. As sports enthusiasts that most of us are, how many times have you heard a country's anthem played? Hundreds....... Everyone on the podium was totally pleased with their country? I doubt it but they stood there in a respectful manner.
And YES, the President of the United States Can say whatever he wants And if he chooses, he can dictate his personal feelings anytime he wants.
To me, first amendment and others has nothing whatsoever to do with this. You got a problem? Go ahead and protest - fine. March.... break storefront windows.... throw rocks You can protest to thousands & thousands by sayingyo your peace in more media outlets the world has ever seen.
Not take a knee - and overseas? Please, that's really okay?
We are, in my opinion again, at a crossroad of where we are going as a country. Yep, time to get on your knees and pray.
Disrespecting authority in schools, campuses, etc., and now this.
Personally, I hope Bud pulls every nickel. You'll then see where the NFL and NFLPA are truly coming from.
10/10/2017 3:56 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/10/2017 12:19:00 PM (view original):
Kaepernick allegedly protests for civil rights, but wears a shirt with Fidel Castro on the front.

That, my friends, is the "logic" of the media-programmed Left.

Absolutely ......
10/10/2017 3:57 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/10/2017 1:19:00 PM (view original):
For me, it's the fact they are doing anything to protest the the flag and the USA when the acts they are being told to be upset about are not committed by the USA or anyone acting on its behalf.

And it's unhealthy for our nation. Instead of these guys raising funds for defense lawyers or DNA exonerations or even funding a netflix documentary on police brutality in certain cities, they are kneeling. It's a juvenile gesture that promotes an attitude of rebellion against authority. It leads to FIVE OFFICERS GETTING KILLED IN DALLAS, a city where there were no incidents of police shooting black men.

There's a fundamental lack of common sense in this debate. Do people in the USA have the right to protest the flag- yeah, a Conservative, Justice Scalia wrote the opinion that says that its Constitutional to burn the flag in protest, but you really need to step back and ask yourself if what is going on is really helping the situation or is just designed to get people to react emotionally to something they really have very little actual knowledge about.

People are too caught up in this theoretical debate about free speech rights and not looking at what is actually going on when the anthem stops playing.

Well said .......
10/10/2017 4:01 PM
Tom. You're still trying to be the arbiter of what is respectful or disrespectful. You don't get the right to make that call for others. Nor does the President, not in these Unites States of America under our present Constitution. The reverse situation (requiring you to stand and honor the Country's symbol during the {symbolic) National anthem would be 100% in opposition to everything this Nation stands for. We'd be just like Nazi germany or Stalin's Russia.
And letting the masses dictate personal behavior during the anthem would be nothing less than mob rule. I don't want any part of such a society. Didn't you ever read Of Mice and Men? You're nearly 70!! (me too) Stop being so concerned with others behavior. Time to work on our OWN (behavior)!

When we're perfect, THEN we can call the tune and hire the piper. Until then, we don't get to decide what is respectful for others! Not in THIS country!
10/10/2017 4:23 PM (edited)
Posted by wylie715 on 10/10/2017 1:14:00 PM (view original):
I see I'm not alone. Thanks wylie. For some time now I've been feeling as if I'm the only one out here who thinks everybody else is nuts!
10/10/2017 4:22 PM

We are not saying that anyone supports police brutality and vice versa or that I necessarily support kneeling. The problem is when Donald Trump and Jerry Jones fire players who PEACEFULLY and RESPECTFULLY protest.
10/10/2017 5:32 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/10/2017 4:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/10/2017 1:14:00 PM (view original):
I see I'm not alone. Thanks wylie. For some time now I've been feeling as if I'm the only one out here who thinks everybody else is nuts!
If you don't think humans suck, you have not looked hard enough.
10/10/2017 5:32 PM
monkeys with a bomb
10/10/2017 6:01 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/10/2017 5:32:00 PM (view original):

We are not saying that anyone supports police brutality and vice versa or that I necessarily support kneeling. The problem is when Donald Trump and Jerry Jones fire players who PEACEFULLY and RESPECTFULLY protest.
Jones is the boss. He makes the rules. Just like the boss that says McDonald's employees wear uniforms instead of America Sucks t-shirts.

America. Where business owners have rights, too.
10/10/2017 6:10 PM
◂ Prev 123456 Next ▸
IF YOU HAVEN'T HEARD Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.