Leaving a natl champ for a rebuild, regrets? Topic

ive over achieved at Ole Miss for what I think my coaching ability really is. I got lucky in recruiting and it led to me achieving every goal. So now I’m thinking of leaving and taking over another C BCS team in a different conf just to try my luck again. With the other coaches that have taken that route of leaving a great position for a crappy one had any regrets later on? I’d like to prove to myself that I can build another winner but am just not 100% if it’s a smart idea. Thoughts?
10/3/2017 4:52 PM
I did it in D2, I don't regret it.
10/3/2017 5:20 PM
It's a bad idea.
10/3/2017 8:49 PM
I think that a really interesting challenge would be to try to be the first coach to win a championship with a lower level D1 team (not Big 6 or Mid Major). I think it is very possible to do in 3.0
10/3/2017 11:17 PM
What school are you thinking about moving to? If it's Colorado, I'd take it.
10/4/2017 6:47 AM (edited)
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/3/2017 11:17:00 PM (view original):
I think that a really interesting challenge would be to try to be the first coach to win a championship with a lower level D1 team (not Big 6 or Mid Major). I think it is very possible to do in 3.0
I was going to suggest this too. I think it's one of the biggest challenges left in HD (at least in 3.0). It's what I'm trying to do at NMSU right now.

FYI - only 2 people have gotten to the title game and less than 10 have gotten to the FF with a D baseline prestige.
10/4/2017 6:51 AM
Leaving a natl champ for a rebuild, regrets? Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.