Assigning Attention Points Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Curious what people think of this. I won't post an opinion yet so I don't skew the poll, but would love to hear all reasons why any of these may be best and if it's obvious, or doesn't really matter.
10/4/2017 9:00 AM
We should be to adjust them at anytime and then let it cycle when it needs to. I hate the idea of possibly forgetting to set them before a cycle.
10/4/2017 10:08 AM
Is there any possibility that anyone doesn't vote "anytime"? Leaves everyone room for real-life issues to occur.
10/4/2017 10:18 AM
The cycles are at 5 and 11 AM and 5 and 11 PM. If the world schedule says attention points start processing at 8 PM, think you can set them any time in the 11 AM-5 PM window that day. Think you miss a cycle if you wait till 8 PM, setting back progress on opening up recruiting actions a cycle. But I am a geezer who doesn't understand all the subtle nuances of Version 3.
10/4/2017 11:03 AM
Anytime is the only answer that makes sense. They may wait weeks to be processed but what harm does it do to assign them when we choose? The world schedule is posted well in advance. If you have a scheduling conflict on the first day or recruiting (business travel or personal events will make you unavailable to take action during the 8-4 timeframe,) being able to assign APs would at least give you a chance to keep up. Under 2.0, there was no critical need to recruit in the first cycles. With 3.0, missing the first cycle could be the difference between winning and losing the battle.
10/4/2017 11:23 AM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2017 10:18:00 AM (view original):
Is there any possibility that anyone doesn't vote "anytime"? Leaves everyone room for real-life issues to occur.
This is exactly the point I would make. It's so obvious, and every time I ask CS why they don't change it, at best they say, "we'll consider discussing it".

Personally, I have at times not been able to get online for 24 hours periods, or longer, and when it falls on the first day of a new phase of recruiting it's just annoying. Mostly because there I think of any good reason why they don't just change it to allow attention points to be assigned at any point. Once you can already scout, it's not giving anybody an advantage, so I don't know why they don't change this to make it easier on everybody.
10/4/2017 11:25 AM
It doesn't make sense.

I was OOT this past weekend when RS2 started. I refuse to check into WifS when I travel because that seems way too concerned with fake players/teams. I'd have liked to adjusted some AP, and offer HV/CV, but it just wasn't possible because of the set-up. Didn't hurt me but could have ruined my recruiting class. Which ruins a season, maybe two, which makes one less likely to re-up. Seems like they'd want people to re-up.
10/4/2017 12:37 PM
But the math says 4 voted that way.
10/4/2017 8:11 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2017 8:11:00 PM (view original):
I'm guessing one person. And his "non" alias.
I was thinking the same
10/4/2017 10:44 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/4/2017 8:11:00 PM (view original):
But the math says 4 voted that way.
maybe there are some alt personalities we havent found?
10/4/2017 10:44 PM
I voted for current times. I have no aliases.

Rationale was that the time is set and everyone knows it. Sure I might miss getting started when everyone else does but there have been times where I started with everyone else but couldn't make changes for an entire weekend because of weather (tornadoes) knocking out electricity. Also started late and missed first two cycles one season because things were busy and I forgot to check my recruiting day. That's real life and I had to suffer through and chose to not complain about it.

If they did make the change people would mess around with it and look for a bug or some cheap way they could gain an unfair advantage over the rest of us who don't have the time to test different things for hours to find a weakness or blip. Look at how the redshirt bug was found and exploited for a title. Whether it is this game or technology in general the "New" often comes with its own set of bugs. Not hard to imagine people moving the AP numbers around for hours trying to see if it changes things or can work to their advantage. Who knows maybe one slip of the system or one loophole found then one player manages to pull in an awesome recruiting class or wins recruits he shouldn't. I want a fair chance at winning my first National Title. I don't want a "bug" to be the reason I don't succeed.
10/5/2017 1:59 AM (edited)
Assigning Attention Points Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.