Don't usually ask for help but I have such an interchangeable team that I'm confusing myself with my starting lineup. A pretty good defensive team but rebounding is killing me.

Any thoughts appreciated.

https://www.whatifsports.com/hd/TeamProfile/Ratings.aspx?tid=7628

10/4/2017 12:26 PM
Maybe something like-

PG- Kirts, Zanin
SG- Barnes, Haase
SF - Fredericks, Hill , Aug
PF- Marshall, Welk
C- Meyers, Whitworth

I moved Zanin to backup PG since he's got decent ball skills and he's only a FR with bad IQ so you don't really want him starting unless you have to. Barnes is an upperclassmen with good spd, ath, def but not great ball skills. But his ath/spd/def/iq wins out over haas.

Hill's bh/pass is horrible even for a SF. he has good ath/def so he has some value but that's why i'd prefer him off the bench and give the Freddy more PT since he's all around better.

Honestly your bigs are pretty weak. Marshall's 29 ath is way too low for a PF. Definitely try to get that up next recruiting class. Try to get bigs with at least 50 ath/def. Your guys do have some good LP so they will score well against mediocre teams but the ath will hold them back against good teams I bet.
10/4/2017 7:50 PM
Thanks for the tips. I'm starting Zanin and Augustus because A - I promised it to them (haha) and B - They both project to be over 700 (Zanin over 80 in both BH/P).

Hill kills me because he's "still" green in LP/PE so he'll be a modern day Klay thompson. Great defender/scorer but can't dribble or pass for the life of him.

You're right about Marshall. Sadly he's a converted SF so I figured his ATH would be less a factor at PF than SF. Correct?
10/5/2017 2:03 PM
ah yeah. Gotta keep the promises.

it depends a little about SF. Typically yeah you want SF to be athletic but he can also be super fast too with good ball skills and some LP or Per. Then you could run a 3 guard line up.
10/6/2017 4:33 PM
Posted by brett3154 on 10/5/2017 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Thanks for the tips. I'm starting Zanin and Augustus because A - I promised it to them (haha) and B - They both project to be over 700 (Zanin over 80 in both BH/P).

Hill kills me because he's "still" green in LP/PE so he'll be a modern day Klay thompson. Great defender/scorer but can't dribble or pass for the life of him.

You're right about Marshall. Sadly he's a converted SF so I figured his ATH would be less a factor at PF than SF. Correct?
Ath matters a ton at every position. However, I would say Ath matters most at C and SF, then PF.

Unless I'm at Big 6 DI, in trying to stockpile as much Ath as I can muster. My dream one day is to have everyone on my team be at 90 ATH or higher.

Edit: At big 6 DI (or even just B prestige and up) I would be chill with some lower ath de role players to pair with my 5-stars.
10/6/2017 5:01 PM (edited)
First season rebuild is coming to an end and it's time to make cuts.

These two players are similar, and I only got room for one of them.

Manseau or Clark

Both are useless at about all but defense. Is Clark better because of the A- iq in M2M D? I appreciate the help!
10/11/2017 7:33 PM
Get rid of Manseau. His WE means he'll just lose points every off-season and he's a year younger, meaning you don't want him around sucking up a roster spot for an extra season.
10/11/2017 7:37 PM
Posted by darnoc29099 on 10/11/2017 7:37:00 PM (view original):
Get rid of Manseau. His WE means he'll just lose points every off-season and he's a year younger, meaning you don't want him around sucking up a roster spot for an extra season.
Thank you! Bye bye Manseau.
10/11/2017 8:38 PM

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.