Some Peace of Mind Changes Topic

Here are some simple things I believe WIS can adjust to make this game more straightforward and cut out some non-sense. Let me also say some of these things have been brought up on the forums before.

1- Expanding Recruit considering list to show all schools- We already have a scroll bar for the recruit profile. Why not show all of them? Really isn't hard to back end code, showing only 10 seems more difficult instead of displaying them all.

2- Make Scouting Camps instant- The only logical point to make them at set times is to make an immersive experience as if coaches traveled to them. However lets be honest this game doesn't push that agenda fully. No real need to make them at times as the information given to the coaches doesn't effect anyone else like the recruiting period. Make the camps instant as it just slows the game down waiting for a camp to process.

3- Cut out some down time- Why is there a full 36 some hours between the end of season and when scouting kicks off for the new season? During this time literally the world is dead, cant schedule exhibition games, cant schedule non-conf games, cant scout, cant do anything but set lineup and practice plans. Someone needs to review the world timeframes and cut out the dead time.

4-Fine Tuning- A lot of people prefer 2.0 to 3.0 recruiting however if they were to fine tune some of the recruiting aspects. Like any other video game update it and adjust some numbers. Hotfix the game in one world? See if it works? release it to the rest of the worlds.

5- Update the website- I get you are transitioning to sportshub and changing the infrastructure, but how hard is it to update the faq? the national champions page? There is still tons of information on the main website about 2.0 recruiting and information that is completely invalid. Somebody out there should have a day to update the website. Realistically if it takes you more than 24-48 hours just to update the website than something is broken or your process is completely flawed and convoluted.

These are off my head and in no specific order, personally I'd like scouting camps to be instant as I like to maintain my scouting throughout the season but find myself just waiting for them to process. Everything else is instant when it comes to scouting, why cant we just make the camps instant?
10/4/2017 12:36 PM
Just looking at the first one and thinking- Why not just list the top 10 in order with the chances (very high, high, moderate,low, very low) next to name.
1. #1 Very High
2. #2 Very High
3 #1 very low
10/4/2017 2:03 PM
Posted by ftbeaglesfan on 10/4/2017 2:03:00 PM (view original):
Just looking at the first one and thinking- Why not just list the top 10 in order with the chances (very high, high, moderate,low, very low) next to name.
1. #1 Very High
2. #2 Very High
3 #1 very low
agreed, I know in 2.0 the order didn't matter either. It was all about the messages but it would be much easier to just put whoever is ahead on top. Or bring the messages back!
10/4/2017 2:06 PM
To the above list I would add "change process times so final grades generate after recruiting actions" -- it comes out on the busiest cycle of Session 1, making a team with multiple open scholarships have to wade back through and find. Sure, you can go looking for it, if you remember it generates that day, but it would be a simply playability fix so that it's right there atop the message pile when folks wake up the following morning.
10/4/2017 6:06 PM
First two seem to be VERY easy fixes.
10/4/2017 6:13 PM
As far as downtime..... what's the reasoning behind the fact that the rosters can't reset faster? I would like it if the seniors disappeared on the day that RS2 starts, and your new recruits pop up immediately as they sign. Like you graduate 4, your roster drops to 8 and gives you a new overall average. Then as you sign them, they appear along with your new team average. Maybe even toss in ability to adjust the practice minutes for tinkering purposes. I can't be the only one that is impatiently waiting to tinker, the very second that I sign a player.
10/10/2017 3:00 PM
Some Peace of Mind Changes Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.