D.E.A.L. Redux - Group 4 Topic

I'll wait to see what stadium I end up with before I vote. I think my team came out roughly as I planned, but reaching for Joe Wood in round 4 will probably hurt. I was strongly considering taking Tulo there, using his amazing 375 PA season in tandem with Sewell's great hit, no field season. My plan was going to be to start Tulo against LH pitchers, and to set defensive replacements to "up by 1 in the 7th" so he'd come in for Sewell late in games against RH pitchers. That would've given me a huge advantage at SS offensively over everyone else. I don't know why I never pulled the trigger; probably because it would mean using A-Rod at 3B and therefore not drafting Denny Lyons, whose 1890 version I love. But I'm not sure that's a good enough excuse. Plus I could've always drafted Lyons and used him in a platoon with Morneau at DH. Yeah, I would've liked my team better if I had done that. Oh well.

[EDIT] - Looking at the rosters of the people drafting before me in the stadium round, I'll be stunned if I don't get one of the two or three stadiums that I'm targeting, so I'm going to go ahead and vote for my team for first place, knowing full well that it is every bit as likely that I'll finish in last.
10/30/2017 7:42 PM (edited)
I debated using the bad fielding but great OBP Sewell but he just has too many errors (take a look at his performance history). Going to be using the partial Tulo with a B/B Sewell. Still a lefty with decent OBP so should be a net positive.
10/30/2017 8:12 PM
I think the only thing I'm worried about is my SP not being strong enough outside of Baldwin. But my defense is very good so I'm hopeful. If the pitching holds up, I feel good.
10/30/2017 8:14 PM
Then again, I am historically at my worst in draft leagues, so who knows
10/30/2017 8:14 PM
Guys, I have no idea how to handicap this. I never play in high cap leagues so I am probably at a disadvantage. The teams I seem to do well with usually have strong bullpens (Carlos, Northrop, McDowell etc) and no one like that was available to us in this group. I will likely end up using heavy inning starters as relief pitchers and have never employed that strategy before so I have no idea how this will turn out.
10/30/2017 8:15 PM
◂ Prev 1...7|8|9
D.E.A.L. Redux - Group 4 Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.