Best overall teams Topic

Congrats to the owners who had the best record in each theme... This is thru 161 games. I will udpate after game 162.

70M: jfranco77 107-54
90M: barracuda3 106-55
100M: ozomatli 115-46
120M: doiugpalm 108-53
VarCap: doctorcc 112-49
140M: buddhagamer 103-58
10/4/2017 2:19 PM
Congrats, each of these owners has won a $15 GC to be added onto whatever they win for the finishing position

$65M: Decade Shuffle
There are ten decades (defined as xx00 - xx09) between 1900 and 1999. You will select six players from four of these decades. No decades that you select can immediate follow or precede another one that you have selected (i.e. if you select the 1920's, you cannot use the 1910's or the 1930's, but you can use the 1900's and/or 1940's).

Your 25th player can come from any year that is not included in a decade you have already selected (i.e. if you used the 1920's, you cannot use any player from 1920 - 1929 as your 25th player). Your 25th player cannot come from a season before 1900 or after 1999.

Other Specifics
Seasons: 1900-1999
DH: No
WW: No
AAA: No
Trades: No
Clones: No
Injuries: Turned On
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined)
Ballpark: Must have been active during the season your 25th player is from
300K Exception: No
Team Name: No restrictions
Division Alignment: Random

$90M: Ball in Play
No player on your roster can have a fielding or range rating higher than D+ at any position (both primary and secondary). This restriction does not apply to pitchers. You must play in Coors Field.

NOTE: This league will require more innings than normal leagues at this cap. Please draft accordingly to avoid skewing the results of the tournament. I am reserving the right to send your team back for you to redo if I believe it will cause harm to overall competitive balance.

Other Specifics
Seasons: All
Ballpark: You must use Coors Field

$100M: Clone Teammates
Clone any player as many times as you like, and fill out your remaining roster with his teammates from your chosen years only -- no twisting allowed.

Other Specifics
Seasons: 1920-2017
Clones: No, other than your chosen player
Ballpark: Your park must be one that your cloned player played in during a season of their's that you use
300K Exception: Yes, players must come from seasons you are using clones of your chosen player from
Team Name: Include your chosen player's name

$110M: Unique Season Twist
Pick a season. Twist 25 players who are in the WIS database for that season to other seasons. If a player played in your chosen season but did not qualify for WIS, you can not use them. You must twist each of the 25 players to a unique season. No players can come from your chosen season.

Other Specifics
Ballpark: Your park must have been active during your base season
Team Name: Include your base season

$130M: Everybody Plays
No player can have a salary under 2M.

Other Specifics
DH: Yes
Ballpark: Any

$255M: Wait & See
Honoring one of the best to play the game, who has shown he can win at any cap. You have no roster restrictions for this theme. However, you must use a different season of each of your 25 players for a 120M team (I am still debating lowering this to 100M) in Round 2. Both teams must play in the same park.

Other Specifics (Same for Round 2)
Multi-team players: No restrictions (i.e., you can use partial or combined). However, you cannot use the same year in both Round 1 and Round 2 (The Bill Bernhard Rule).
Ballpark: Any
Division Alignment: Random for Round 1. Round 2 will be set based on the wins you had in this theme in Round 1.
5/18/2018 9:53 PM (edited)
yep, congrats. 100 wins was difficult. I sure didn't have a team hitting that threshold.
10/4/2017 6:54 PM
I had a 100 win team that didn't even make the playoffs. That may cost me $15 in the end.
10/5/2017 1:43 PM
Best overall teams Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.