Unsigned player pick compensation Topic

Posted by daahdeedaa on 10/15/2017 10:04:00 AM (view original):
So to clarify, I've been told if you spam the recruit with lower than 100% offers of his new demand after he rejects each one, generally they'll sign before the end of the season. But this would make me risk losing my compensation pick correct? I've been told different things by different owners with extensive experience (>90 seasons). Anyone have actual experience in this scenario. The knowledge base makes it seem like you definitely won't get the pick...

"If you don't sign your true first round pick, second round pick, or third round pick you will be awarded with a Type D pick the following season. In order to receive the compensation pick you must offer the player 100% of his initial demands, he must refuse to sign, and you must never withdraw your offer to the draft pick at any time. If the player counters and you wish to make a new offer you can do so but the new offer must be 100% of his new demands and it must also not be withdrawn. Essentially your last offer must have been at least 100% of his demands at the time the offer was made and never withdrawn."
That is correct. If you really don't want the player, and you get through to the point where you offer them 100% of his original offer, if he comes back with a counter offer, your choices to either sign him or do not meet the offer. So in the end you either get a player that you don't want or you lose the player without compensation.
10/15/2017 11:39 AM
◂ Prev 12
Unsigned player pick compensation Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.