Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
i dont agree.with the craven one...if people kneeled because a favorite tv show was canceled that would be a disrespectful mockery....this was kneeling over a life/death issue.....the kneeling was not to disrespect the military...the protesters have said that over and over......they kneel in order to highlight a serious problem in order to help others..they kneel to say police brutality does not honor the values of america...i support this kind of protest or highlighting of an important issue.
i think people against it do not want an effective protest.
no one spat on a flag or turned their back...they kneeled in quiet supplication. i think MLK would have supported it.
10/6/2017 7:11 PM
If you can't be mature in your responses, I will continue to report you Dino. Try to act like an adult and not call names.
10/6/2017 7:19 PM
i agree..i was only kidding with the craven.it was wrong and i admit it..just could not resist..sorry.
10/6/2017 8:17 PM (edited)
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/6/2017 7:03:00 PM (view original):
This deserves its own thread.

What I find appalling is these idiots protesting our nation over a few isolated, local incidents that were not committed by or on behalf of the United States government.

If you want to protest a local city over the actions of a police officer, or the state over the acts of a state trooper, fine. Stay home. Don't play in that city or state (but of course they don't want to protest badly enough to give up a paycheck).

These idiots are disrespecting every person who has served this nation in an effort to prevent other nations from inflicting injustice on citizens. If it weren't for that flag and the people who have fought under it, half the world would be Aryans speaking German. You stand up for what this nation represents and aspires to be and for the people who have died to further that goal. You don't disrespect all of that over a few isolated acts by individuals, especially not when this government has created antitrust exemptions that allow you to make make millions playing a game in a monopolistic enterprise.

Now, let's talk about why:

The thing that is really troubling is how the media is manipulating people into tantrums and outrage over illusory issues. They are laughing all the way to the bank, because by driving a wedge through the heart of this nation they are racking up advertising revenue. Every time one of us clicks on a sensationalized headline to see what alleged atrocity Trump or Pelosi has committed, they hear cha-ching! And us dummies just keep buying into it. The true enemy of the state isn't the Right or the Left, it's the for-profit media that long ago sold out its integrity.

These players with their silly "protests" are just ignorant pawns in a cycle of media manipulation. The media spews BS, players read the headlines that tell them to get outraged, they take the bait and "protest", the media covers it, people respond emotionally, and click $, click $, click $. And the news execs deposit their bonus checks and cook up the next profitable lie.

'Merica 2017. Everything our founding fathers dreamed it would be.
The media sucks. But you don't have to embrace fascism to end it.

Our founding fathers owned slaves. Sooooooo
10/6/2017 9:15 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/6/2017 7:07:00 PM (view original):
Standing up for this nation and what it aspires to be is exactly what they are doing. They may not be doing so in the best way or the way you would do so, but they see what they think is a problem in this country and they are protesting to try and address that problem.
And "a few isolated, local incidents" ?? I'm guessing you are not an African-American so you have no idea how they feel or how the feel. Neither do I but at least I have some empathy for them.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

54% of police shootings were white people
28% were black
18% were Hispanic

The protests are ongoing because the facts aren't reported. The media portrays it as every shooting being of a black person.
10/6/2017 9:32 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/6/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Standing up for this nation and what it aspires to be is exactly what they are doing. They may not be doing so in the best way or the way you would do so, but they see what they think is a problem in this country and they are protesting to try and address that problem.
And "a few isolated, local incidents" ?? I'm guessing you are not an African-American so you have no idea how they feel or how the feel. Neither do I but at least I have some empathy for them.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

28% were black
18% were Hispanic

The protests are ongoing because the facts aren't reported. The media portrays it as every shooting being of a black person.
Less than 15 percent of the US population is black. The actual ratio is the problem
10/6/2017 10:25 PM
black people are more afraid of the police but look at how many still get shot.
10/6/2017 10:39 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2017 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/6/2017 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/6/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):

28% were black
18% were Hispanic

Less than 15 percent of the US population is black. The actual ratio is the problem
Blacks are less than 15% of the US population but commit just over 50% of the homicides in the US. That ratio is a problem. And don't call me a racist- those numbers are from the Obama Administration Justice Department.

People seem to think death-by-cop should be like affirmative action- the numbers should match race ratios in the population. That is lazy thinking, and it doesn't make sense when you have segment of the population committing crime at an extremely disproportionate rate.
Hmmmm....maybe because black people have been institutionally segregated against for years... If you raise someone poorly, they will act poorly. Maybe fix the problems instead of complaining about the results.
I'm huge on self accountability. There are plenty that make the right choices and go to college and/or pursue careers. The blame for the high crime rate among blacks is put solely on the backs of black males. Stick around and raise your children. For close to 40 years now, blacks have been given as much, if not more, opportunity than any other race.
10/7/2017 7:42 AM
1|2|3...20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.