Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/13/2017 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 8:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/13/2017 8:22:00 AM (view original):
some people are of the opinion that the holocaust was fake.
Holocaust was a fact. Its like saying the Sun is not hot.

So you are saying opinions can be wrong.

Some people are of the opinion the moon landing was staged.
We have different operational definitions of what an opinion is:

To me a fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of feelings that cannot be proven. I can prove the Holocaust happened and that the Sun is hot. I cannot prove that you are smart for example, that is an opinion. See the difference? People can prove the moon landing was not staged. People can prove the Clintons were corrupt --- see server.

The server isn't proof of corruption.
10/13/2017 11:00 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/13/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):

To me a fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of feelings that cannot be proven. I can prove the Holocaust happened and that the Sun is hot. I cannot prove that you are smart for example, that is an opinion. See the difference? People can prove the moon landing was not staged. People can prove the Clintons were corrupt --- see server.

I take it back. I think the Clintons are corrupt --- opinion. Their behavior is being investigated by the FBI = FACT.
10/13/2017 11:30 AM
Was. Not is.
10/13/2017 11:31 AM
Posted by bad_luck on 10/13/2017 11:31:00 AM (view original):
Was. Not is.
Is

They are considering re-opening the probe. So we'll say limbo? But we are on the same page. The FBI HAD issues with them.
10/13/2017 11:36 AM

If you can prove the holocaust happened, then why do people deny it?
10/13/2017 11:36 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 10:48:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 9:35:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 9:21:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 9:07:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 9:02:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 8:58:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 8:56:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 8:55:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 8:51:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/13/2017 8:18:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 8:13:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/12/2017 11:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/12/2017 4:26:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 10/12/2017 4:19:00 PM (view original):
Boris, I would never be uncivil to you. But, how can you "debate" with someone who "chooses" to think Trump doesn't "inflame or divide"? That's just delusional. You have chosen to NOT face truth on this issue. Even his supporters know he divides. They will publicly state that. They want the division. They want the destruction of the governing establishment. Have openly said so.
Trump (himself) has publicly called for his supporters to use violence against anti-Trump protestors. That's not dividing, inflaming??? I could list many other examples, but it's not worth my time. IF you can't even be intellectually honest enough with yourself to acknowledge and admit that Trump is a divider, an inflamer, there is no point to debating with you. Last point, Boris. I have many good friends who are a part of that 60+ million voters who were duped. I think they were wrong and foolish, but I don't mean personal insult to them by saying what I do. I just want to help them be wiser next time!

They/WE could start by refusing to even consider party acknowledgment when voting........... other than to hold Repugs. and Democraps in HIGH suspicion when comparing their candidates to any others (Ind., Lib., Green, whatever!)
After all, whose fault is it? If it isn't Repugs and Democraps and us fools who voted them in year after year after year after year!!!
LOL - still talking down to me, eh? Lovely. Trump is telling the truth and the country was already divided. It really came to boiling point during the Baltimore riots and the formation of BLM --- long before Trump. What were they protesting in Baltimore? Black police chief, black mayor, 10 of the 15 members of the legislature were black and all were Democrats. The POTUS was black as was the AG. So yes, black lives do matter, I agree as do all lives. You think I was duped, thats fine. My vote was meaningless anyway. I think when you use that sort of terminology and call Republicans, "Repugs" you are divisive and you are insulting. I am not even a Republican.

Hmmmm, divisive and insulting....get the **** out you ******* hypocrite.

Quotes from CCCP:

bronxcheer is an idiot. This is why the Libtards are the laughing stock of this country.

I am done wasting my time with you fools.

Oh no. Our debate is over. You got smoked. Now I am just picking on you for being a liar. And a dolt.

Clearly when you said you are a moderate who leans left you were lying. You likely live in your mother's basement. You didn't know what an Ad Hominem was and you could not spell aggressive. You are a stupid Libtard. I would crush you in a battle of wits as you are unarmed.

Some journalist.....you are a paper tiger.

You are a retard because you believe Israel is an aggressive country. Israel is a peaceful nation surrounded by intolerant nations who kill people for being gay or women for speaking out. Your ignorance is awesome. You have won the mantle for the stupidest person on these boards. Congrats.

tangplay and Bracco are idiots. Not sure which one is dumber. It is a toss up. At least Bracco admits he is a Libtard.

Please attain an education. I am happy to compare CVs at any time, sir.
Thanks for stalking. Never said I was perfect and several of those posts were a result of a retaliation due to a constant hate barrage.
Just admit you're just as insulting and divisive and get off your high horse.
I only fight back when I am attacked. None of the quotes you listed were plain attacks by me all retaliations.
Lol lies! Most of the attacks on me were completely you! I was only trying to state my OPINION and you called me a retard!
BS - find one
You are a retard because you believe Israel is an aggressive country. Israel is a peaceful nation surrounded by intolerant nations who kill people for being gay or women for speaking out. Your ignorance is awesome. You have won the mantle for the stupidest person on these boards. Congrats.

That was after I had nicely stated my opinion that israel was aggresive
That is like me saying Nazi Germany was a peaceful nation that was trying to spread the peaceful ideology of Fascism. Again don't be obtuse. Israel is the only Democracy in the ME. You taking the side of Palestine tells me all I need to know about you. While your opinion is not wrong here I think it is scary.
That is nothing like that. Democracy does not equal peace. The fact that you wont accept a peaceful palestinian state tells me everything I need to know about you, Boris. And you called me a retard for stating my opinion.
Peaceful Palestinian state? LOL

That is like saying unicorns exist.

Did I hurt your feelings? I apologize.
So opinions can be wrong?
Nope, see my post about the operational definition of opinion vs. fact.
So they are only wrong when you disagree with them. See climate change as an example.
10/13/2017 11:37 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 11:36:00 AM (view original):

If you can prove the holocaust happened, then why do people deny it?
I am pretty sure you are smart enough to answer that question, sir. At least I hope you are.

10/13/2017 11:37 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/13/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):

I take it back. I think the Clintons are corrupt --- opinion. Their behavior is being investigated by the FBI = FACT.
So is Trump. So is basically every politician.
10/13/2017 11:38 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 11:37:00 AM (view original):
Boris, I would never be uncivil to you. But, how can you "debate" with someone who "chooses" to think Trump doesn't "inflame or divide"? That's just delusional. You have chosen to NOT face truth on this issue. Even his supporters know he divides. They will publicly state that. They want the division. They want the destruction of the governing establishment. Have openly said so.
Trump (himself) has publicly called for his supporters to use violence against anti-Trump protestors. That's not dividing, inflaming??? I could list many other examples, but it's not worth my time. IF you can't even be intellectually honest enough with yourself to acknowledge and admit that Trump is a divider, an inflamer, there is no point to debating with you. Last point, Boris. I have many good friends who are a part of that 60+ million voters who were duped. I think they were wrong and foolish, but I don't mean personal insult to them by saying what I do. I just want to help them be wiser next time!

They/WE could start by refusing to even consider party acknowledgment when voting........... other than to hold Repugs. and Democraps in HIGH suspicion when comparing their candidates to any others (Ind., Lib., Green, whatever!)
After all, whose fault is it? If it isn't Repugs and Democraps and us fools who voted them in year after year after year after year!!!
LOL - still talking down to me, eh? Lovely. Trump is telling the truth and the country was already divided. It really came to boiling point during the Baltimore riots and the formation of BLM --- long before Trump. What were they protesting in Baltimore? Black police chief, black mayor, 10 of the 15 members of the legislature were black and all were Democrats. The POTUS was black as was the AG. So yes, black lives do matter, I agree as do all lives. You think I was duped, thats fine. My vote was meaningless anyway. I think when you use that sort of terminology and call Republicans, "Repugs" you are divisive and you are insulting. I am not even a Republican.

Quotes from CCCP:

bronxcheer is an idiot. This is why the Libtards are the laughing stock of this country.

Oh no. Our debate is over. You got smoked. Now I am just picking on you for being a liar. And a dolt.

Clearly when you said you are a moderate who leans left you were lying. You likely live in your mother's basement. You didn't know what an Ad Hominem was and you could not spell aggressive. You are a stupid Libtard. I would crush you in a battle of wits as you are unarmed.

tangplay and Bracco are idiots. Not sure which one is dumber. It is a toss up. At least Bracco admits he is a Libtard.

Thanks for stalking. Never said I was perfect and several of those posts were a result of a retaliation due to a constant hate barrage.
I only fight back when I am attacked. None of the quotes you listed were plain attacks by me all retaliations.
Lol lies! Most of the attacks on me were completely you! I was only trying to state my OPINION and you called me a retard!
BS - find one

That is like me saying Nazi Germany was a peaceful nation that was trying to spread the peaceful ideology of Fascism. Again don't be obtuse. Israel is the only Democracy in the ME. You taking the side of Palestine tells me all I need to know about you. While your opinion is not wrong here I think it is scary.
That is nothing like that. Democracy does not equal peace. The fact that you wont accept a peaceful palestinian state tells me everything I need to know about you, Boris. And you called me a retard for stating my opinion.

So they are only wrong when you disagree with them. See climate change as an example.
I agree there is climate change? What do you mean?
10/13/2017 11:38 AM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 11:38:00 AM (view original):

Quotes from CCCP:

BS - find one

My point was that you disagreed with the FACT that climate change is happening and it is caused by man.
10/13/2017 11:40 AM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 11:40:00 AM (view original):

Quotes from CCCP:

BS - find one

My point was that you disagreed with the FACT that climate change is happening and it is caused by man.
I agree there is climate change, I need proof to show to what extent is caused by man. Please provide the definitive proof. Climate change impacted the dinosaurs too. No man back then.
10/13/2017 11:54 AM (edited)
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 11:54:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 11:40:00 AM (view original):

Quotes from CCCP:

BS - find one

I agree there is climate change, I need proof to show to what extent is caused by man. Please provide the definitive proof. Climate change impacted the dinosaurs too. No man back then.
Except that the rate and the effects point to man this time. We know we have a role.
10/13/2017 1:18 PM
NASA released study today confirming sea levels are falling. maybe climate change is evaporating the oceans
10/13/2017 1:22 PM
Posted by rjj4191 on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
NASA released study today confirming sea levels are falling. maybe climate change is evaporating the oceans
I thought it was melting the ice caps, causing sea levels to rise.
10/13/2017 1:25 PM
Posted by rjj4191 on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
Levelling out. It happens over time. We have 2 year spans like that. It will rise again in 2020.
10/13/2017 1:49 PM
◂ Prev 1...16|17|18|19|20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.