Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Posted by toddcommish on 10/13/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rjj4191 on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
NASA released study today confirming sea levels are falling. maybe climate change is evaporating the oceans
I thought it was melting the ice caps, causing sea levels to rise.
Todd is right.
10/13/2017 1:50 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 10/13/2017 1:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by rjj4191 on 10/13/2017 1:22:00 PM (view original):
NASA released study today confirming sea levels are falling. maybe climate change is evaporating the oceans
I thought it was melting the ice caps, causing sea levels to rise.
Todd is right.
10/13/2017 1:50 PM
Did you have to say it twice?
10/13/2017 2:16 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, WIS automatically makes my posts twice. It is a glitch. Happens to strikeout too. So sorry if a post shows up twice.
10/13/2017 3:00 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 2:16:00 PM (view original):
Sorry, WIS automatically makes my posts twice. It is a glitch. Happens to strikeout too. So sorry if a post shows up twice.
10/13/2017 3:00 PM
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 11:30:00 AM (view original):
Posted by bad_luck on 10/13/2017 11:00:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 10:46:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/13/2017 9:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by cccp1014 on 10/13/2017 8:50:00 AM (view original):
Posted by The Taint on 10/13/2017 8:22:00 AM (view original):
some people are of the opinion that the holocaust was fake.
Holocaust was a fact. Its like saying the Sun is not hot.

So you are saying opinions can be wrong.

Some people are of the opinion the moon landing was staged.
We have different operational definitions of what an opinion is:

To me a fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of feelings that cannot be proven. I can prove the Holocaust happened and that the Sun is hot. I cannot prove that you are smart for example, that is an opinion. See the difference? People can prove the moon landing was not staged. People can prove the Clintons were corrupt --- see server.

The server isn't proof of corruption.
I take it back. I think the Clintons are corrupt --- opinion. Their behavior is being investigated by the FBI = FACT.
the Clintons are corrupt. They are politicians, aren't they?
10/13/2017 3:11 PM

To me a fact is a statement that can be proven true or false. An opinion is an expression of feelings that cannot be proven. I can prove the Holocaust happened and that the Sun is hot. I cannot prove that you are smart for example, that is an opinion. See the difference? People can prove the moon landing was not staged. People can prove the Clintons were corrupt --- see server.

I agree with something cccp says! Saying the holocaust did not happen is not an opinion. The holocaust is a proven fact. Those who say it never happened are not stating an opinion. They are delusional. Same goes with the earth being round. That is a fact. Anyone who says differently is delusional on that topic. Saying NFL players are being disrespectful when they kneel during the anthem is an opinion. You can prove they are being disrespectful, and they can't prove they are not being disrespectful. Opinions can not be wrong.
10/13/2017 3:15 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/13/2017 3:15:00 PM (view original):

I agree with something cccp says! Saying the holocaust did not happen is not an opinion. The holocaust is a proven fact. Those who say it never happened are not stating an opinion. They are delusional. Same goes with the earth being round. That is a fact. Anyone who says differently is delusional on that topic. Saying NFL players are being disrespectful when they kneel during the anthem is an opinion. You can prove they are being disrespectful, and they can't prove they are not being disrespectful. Opinions can not be wrong.
Israel being aggresive is an opinion.
10/13/2017 4:20 PM

Thank you
10/13/2017 4:23 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):

Yes
10/13/2017 4:23 PM
No one can PROVE anyone else is being disrespectful. You can prove you FEEL what they are doing is disrespectful to (in YOUR opinion), but that don't make it so. Opinions can damn sure be wrong. See the lat earth folks. They had the OPINION that the Earth was flat. They were wrong!! They held an incorrect opinion. Opinions were and are (every damn day!) wrong!!! It's nuts to think otherwise. When two people disagree over something, ONLY one of them can have the correct notion/opinion!!! Simple folks!
10/13/2017 5:15 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/13/2017 4:20:00 PM (view original):

yes, it is.
10/13/2017 5:48 PM
Posted by laramiebob on 10/13/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
No one can PROVE anyone else is being disrespectful. You can prove you FEEL what they are doing is disrespectful to (in YOUR opinion), but that don't make it so. Opinions can damn sure be wrong. See the lat earth folks. They had the OPINION that the Earth was flat. They were wrong!! They held an incorrect opinion. Opinions were and are (every damn day!) wrong!!! It's nuts to think otherwise. When two people disagree over something, ONLY one of them can have the correct notion/opinion!!! Simple folks!
people saying the earth was flat was an opinion until it was proven that the earth is round. Once a fact is proven, you can't have a differing opinion.
For instance, 2 + 3 = 5. That is a proven fact. If I say 2 + 3 = banana, that is not an opinion. That would be the ravings of a lunatic.
If I say dogs are better than cats, that is an opinion. It can't be proven whether dogs or cats are better.
Two people can disagree about something and they each have a different opinion, but two people can also disagree about something and one of them is right and the other is wrong.
10/13/2017 5:57 PM
I SEE EVERYTHING TWICE!
10/13/2017 6:07 PM
Posted by wylie715 on 10/13/2017 5:57:00 PM (view original):
Posted by laramiebob on 10/13/2017 5:15:00 PM (view original):
people saying the earth was flat was an opinion until it was proven that the earth is round. Once a fact is proven, you can't have a differing opinion.
For instance, 2 + 3 = 5. That is a proven fact. If I say 2 + 3 = banana, that is not an opinion. That would be the ravings of a lunatic.
If I say dogs are better than cats, that is an opinion. It can't be proven whether dogs or cats are better.
Two people can disagree about something and they each have a different opinion, but two people can also disagree about something and one of them is right and the other is wrong.
Exactly
10/13/2017 7:19 PM
◂ Prev 1...17|18|19|20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.