Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Thanks for starting this thread jmcraven, and for supporting him the rest of you. wylie's been trying to convince the World he and the players are not disrespectful for some time now, in a similar NFL Forum thread. It is great to see more and more people join in showing that any protest at the cost of disrespecting this Country will not be quietly accepted. There are tons of other ways and other times for all athletes to protest - NOT for the few minutes a week they should be honoring the Country.
10/7/2017 8:38 AM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by dino27 on 10/7/2017 11:07:00 AM (view original):
this is an educated guess but i would think that the black homicide numbers would be much different minus one place - chicago.
That is probably right, but it kind of proves the rights point. Chicago has the strictest gun laws in America.
10/7/2017 11:13 AM
Posted by dino27 on 10/7/2017 11:07:00 AM (view original):
this is an educated guess but i would think that the black homicide numbers would be much different minus one place - chicago.
You really can't just take out the 2nd or 3rd largest city in the country because it doesn't fit your narrative. Or you shouldn't if you're being intellectually honest.
10/7/2017 11:22 AM
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/7/2017 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2017 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/6/2017 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/6/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/6/2017 7:07:00 PM (view original):
Standing up for this nation and what it aspires to be is exactly what they are doing. They may not be doing so in the best way or the way you would do so, but they see what they think is a problem in this country and they are protesting to try and address that problem.
And "a few isolated, local incidents" ?? I'm guessing you are not an African-American so you have no idea how they feel or how the feel. Neither do I but at least I have some empathy for them.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

54% of police shootings were white people
28% were black
18% were Hispanic

The protests are ongoing because the facts aren't reported. The media portrays it as every shooting being of a black person.
Less than 15 percent of the US population is black. The actual ratio is the problem
Blacks are less than 15% of the US population but commit just over 50% of the homicides in the US. That ratio is a problem. And don't call me a racist- those numbers are from the Obama Administration Justice Department.

People seem to think death-by-cop should be like affirmative action- the numbers should match race ratios in the population. That is lazy thinking, and it doesn't make sense when you have segment of the population committing crime at an extremely disproportionate rate.
Hmmmm....maybe because black people have been institutionally segregated against for years... If you raise someone poorly, they will act poorly. Maybe fix the problems instead of complaining about the results.
I'm huge on self accountability. There are plenty that make the right choices and go to college and/or pursue careers. The blame for the high crime rate among blacks is put solely on the backs of black males. Stick around and raise your children. For close to 40 years now, blacks have been given as much, if not more, opportunity than any other race.
Except that institutional racism puts people in poverty and our educational system makes sure they stay there.
10/7/2017 11:53 AM
for one thing they are being stopped from voting.......it is known as voter suppression laws.
10/7/2017 4:30 PM
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/7/2017 1:30:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2017 11:53:00 AM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/7/2017 7:42:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/7/2017 7:20:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/6/2017 11:01:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/6/2017 10:25:00 PM (view original):
Posted by strikeout26 on 10/6/2017 9:32:00 PM (view original):
Posted by wylie715 on 10/6/2017 7:07:00 PM (view original):
Standing up for this nation and what it aspires to be is exactly what they are doing. They may not be doing so in the best way or the way you would do so, but they see what they think is a problem in this country and they are protesting to try and address that problem.
And "a few isolated, local incidents" ?? I'm guessing you are not an African-American so you have no idea how they feel or how the feel. Neither do I but at least I have some empathy for them.
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.washingtonpost.com/amphtml/news/volokh-conspiracy/wp/2016/07/18/police-shootings-and-race/

54% of police shootings were white people
28% were black
18% were Hispanic

The protests are ongoing because the facts aren't reported. The media portrays it as every shooting being of a black person.
Less than 15 percent of the US population is black. The actual ratio is the problem
Blacks are less than 15% of the US population but commit just over 50% of the homicides in the US. That ratio is a problem. And don't call me a racist- those numbers are from the Obama Administration Justice Department.

People seem to think death-by-cop should be like affirmative action- the numbers should match race ratios in the population. That is lazy thinking, and it doesn't make sense when you have segment of the population committing crime at an extremely disproportionate rate.
Hmmmm....maybe because black people have been institutionally segregated against for years... If you raise someone poorly, they will act poorly. Maybe fix the problems instead of complaining about the results.
I'm huge on self accountability. There are plenty that make the right choices and go to college and/or pursue careers. The blame for the high crime rate among blacks is put solely on the backs of black males. Stick around and raise your children. For close to 40 years now, blacks have been given as much, if not more, opportunity than any other race.
Except that institutional racism puts people in poverty and our educational system makes sure they stay there.
What opportunities do blacks not have that whites have? While our government education system is very poor, it supplies people with equal opportunity to succeed. Institutional racism doesn't exist anymore.
You are missing something. In the 1960's black people had no opportunity to succeed, so they got pushed into poverty. And when you are in poverty, you stay there because our current educational system gives more money to rich schools than poor schools. And you need good grades to get a job. Thus, there is a poverty cycle that leaves black people in poverty. This cycle has been well documented. I also suggest taking a poverty simulation to get a better understanding.
10/7/2017 8:44 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.