Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Posted by wylie715 on 10/9/2017 12:29:00 PM (view original):
Posted by all3 on 10/7/2017 8:38:00 AM (view original):
Thanks for starting this thread jmcraven, and for supporting him the rest of you. wylie's been trying to convince the World he and the players are not disrespectful for some time now, in a similar NFL Forum thread. It is great to see more and more people join in showing that any protest at the cost of disrespecting this Country will not be quietly accepted. There are tons of other ways and other times for all athletes to protest - NOT for the few minutes a week they should be honoring the Country.
I'm not trying to convince the world of anything. Just voicing my opinion. Unlike you, I realize that just because its my opinion, that doesn't make it right. You seem to feel that you think it is disrespectful, therefore it is. As evidence you point out that millions agree with you. I'd be willing to bet that you could find millions who don't agree with you. So what? It is still just opinions. NOT FACTS! I also stated that I don't think they are protesting in the best way, but I will continue to defend their right to peacefully protest how they see fit. I've also sated that I have and will continue to stand for the anthem, but I haven't seen one NFL player do anything disrespectful, like burn the flag, spit on the flag, or anything like that
I agree with this. NFL players are more disrespectful to women than they are to the flag.
10/9/2017 12:32 PM
I'm not arguing that, although its not all NFL players.
10/9/2017 12:36 PM
"NFL players are more disrespectful to women than they are to the flag."

Most honest observants (particularly Women!) would say that MEN are (generally) more "disrespectful" to women than they are to the flag. As (so far) all the NFL players are men????????? Not that big of a statement.

Symbols of Country seem to be REAL important to those with a bent towards fascist order. (like Chump)
Acts of Individual Protest used to be considered REAL honorable and important to Americans.
KNEELING during anything shouldn't be seen as disrespectful............ unless of course you won't humble yourself to the Creator.
10/9/2017 12:46 PM
worrying about people kneeling during a national song is simply silly to me...that is all i think about it.....it is totally unimportant.
10/9/2017 12:53 PM
Posted by dino27 on 10/9/2017 12:53:00 PM (view original):
worrying about people kneeling during a national song is simply silly to me...that is all i think about it.....it is totally unimportant.
Tell the media. It's the ******* lead story every Sunday. If you stop pointing it out, people will ignore it.

Hell, Kaep wasn't even KNEELING in the beginning. He was just being petulant and lazy on the bench (because he was benched behind Gabbert), got called out for it, and made up some bullshit story about protesting police brutality. Some even argue that his girlfriend spoon-fed him the "protest". The MEDIA made this an issue.
10/9/2017 12:59 PM
dont you think it is trump that is pushing the media and wont let it go.?
10/9/2017 1:02 PM
those who cant attack ideas attack people.
10/9/2017 1:12 PM
Posted by dino27 on 10/9/2017 1:02:00 PM (view original):
dont you think it is trump that is pushing the media and wont let it go.?
No. If they were all standing and Trump was still talking about it, I would agree with you, but this far predates President Trump's inauguration.

Blaming Trump for everything is just more lazy liberal lack of thought. We must think deeper.

click $, click $ click $.
10/9/2017 1:17 PM (edited)
please explain how saying those who cant attack ideas attack people is objectionable.
10/9/2017 1:18 PM
Let's not let this conversation disintegrate into a personal ******* match, like so many threads do
10/9/2017 1:19 PM
i said something rather diplomatic after being personally attacked....why wasnt the actual attack redlined instead..
10/9/2017 1:22 PM
My bad.

I'll admit I watch your posts a little more closely Dino given A) some of the personal insults you have hurled at me for no reason other than you disagreed with my views, and B) the way you treat people in your threads.

So anyway... I blame the media.
10/9/2017 1:41 PM
ok no problem......i wont post here...thanks for redlinining the attacker.
10/9/2017 1:47 PM
this is my last post....i never redline someone for respectful posts that are different from my point of view....in my thread there are people who post there that i never agree with and never ever redline.......i do not allow people who attack people or push opinions that are racist in nature or the like.....that is why my thread has a totally different feel to it.
10/9/2017 2:00 PM
Everyone is welcome here.

I am older. I miss the days when people could disagree and discuss without blaming each other personally. There are larger forces at work that make many of us feel like we have to choose a side, like there is no common ground, when we are really all on the same side. We all want a better life for ourselves and our families; we just don't all agree on exactly what that looks like or how we get there. But one thing is certain, these problems won't get solved by vilifying each other.

Personally, I think the sooner we all realize the media is using us as pawns in their get richer quicker scheme, the sooner we can start thinking objectively and stop reacting emotionally based on inflated, often false, headlines designed to get us to click $, click $, click $
10/9/2017 2:07 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5|6...20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.