Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Posted by dino27 on 10/9/2017 2:00:00 PM (view original):
this is my last post....i never redline someone for respectful posts that are different from my point of view....in my thread there are people who post there that i never agree with and never ever redline.......i do not allow people who attack people or push opinions that are racist in nature or the like.....that is why my thread has a totally different feel to it.
I understand, but I have also seen some of the posts before you redline them. Some were personal and inflammatory, some definitely were not; they simply opined differently than you.

However, the media has does a masterful job of convincing people on the Left that anyone that voted for McCain/Romney/Trump or has a conservative view is racist and should therefor be censored. Like the kneeling NFLers, part of the blame rests on the media, but we must be personally accountable and strive to think independently.
10/9/2017 2:17 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 11:45:00 AM (view original):
Owners are "the" problem? The guys who actually commit domestic violence at home then protest the police on national TV are not even part of the problem?

Why? Is it because you feel these players have to be disciplined and taught right from wrong like feral animals? That is the inherent elitism and racism of the Left.

I believe these guys are intelligent people, accountable for their own actions. I don't see race; I see equal, adult men that make their own decisions.

Players who can play in the NFL:
Racists
Rapists
Murderers

People who can't:
Protesters.

Jerry Jones complemented GREG HARDY for crying out loud
10/9/2017 5:08 PM
Posted by toddcommish on 10/9/2017 11:44:00 AM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 11:23:00 AM (view original):
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 11:05:00 AM (view original):
Posted by dino27 on 10/7/2017 11:28:00 AM (view original):
im saying yes you can because it is an anomoly........the rate is not spread out...the guns in chicago come from neighboring states.....the stats you refer to dont work in the rest of the country........i dont accept your definition of intellectually honest....you are the arbiter of that...give me a break.
"The guns in Chicago come from neighboring states..."

States where the murder rate is significantly lower, which tells you guns are not the problem. Criminals are the problem. Criminals whose attitudes are encouraged by athletes that protest this nation, beat their girlfriends, and frequently find themselves at the center of violent crime stories.

Instead of protesting America, these athletes should become the change they want to see. If they could think two-steps ahead, they would stop leading-by-example a cultural attitude in which thuggish behavior and disrespect for authority is glorified.

We beat women.
We drive drunk.
We get in nightclub altercations that leave people dead.
We don't stand up for this nation because we identify ourselves by race before anything else.
Just like the media wants us to.
Today's NFL.
Owners who allow people who beat their wives yet scorn people who sit for the national anthem are the problem.
Is the OWNERS who are responsible for the actions of the players (who, as they keep reminding us, shouldn't be treated like "slaves")? Really? Has personal responsibility completely disappeared from the minds of liberals?

There is only ONE player who is out of the NFL for protesting during the national anthem. ONE. And he didn't even "protest" until he was made a backup to the immortal Blaine Gabbert. Now, he would be a backup or a desperation starter at best. Many of the players who are following his "lead" are acting pretty much like stereotypical millennials, doing pointless stupid things, thinking that they're entitled to money and fame, "protesting" whenever the media tells them they should... They're a window into the minds of the 20-39 year old demographic.

Owners are NOT responsible for the players. They are, however, responsible as to whom they allow on their team. The fact that Jerry Jones had no problem allowing GREG HARDY on his team but won't allow protesters is ridiculous
10/9/2017 5:10 PM
Not sure which NFL you watch, but I've seen a lot of protesters playing. One guy, who had been benched due to marginal competency, opted out of the last year of his contract where he stood to earn $16.9 million. If that doesn't show he lacks the judgment to be a starting NFL QB, I'm not sure what does.

So there's 1 unemployed protester. And you can't think of 1 NFL racist, rapist, or murderer whose unemployed? the media loves people who don't research or think for themselves. click $, click $, click $
10/9/2017 5:17 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):
this is my last post....i never redline someone for respectful posts that are different from my point of view....in my thread there are people who post there that i never agree with and never ever redline.......i do not allow people who attack people or push opinions that are racist in nature or the like.....that is why my thread has a totally different feel to it.
I understand, but I have also seen some of the posts before you redline them. Some were personal and inflammatory, some definitely were not; they simply opined differently than you.

However, the media has does a masterful job of convincing people on the Left that anyone that voted for McCain/Romney/Trump or has a conservative view is racist and should therefor be censored. Like the kneeling NFLers, part of the blame rests on the media, but we must be personally accountable and strive to think independently.
I never said that people who are conservative are racist. I 100% agree that the media is part of the problem... Do I think police brutality is as big a problem as others do? NO. Do I think that kneeling is the best way to protest? NO! Do I think that players have the right to protest without getting told not to? YES.

This mindset was reflected a couple of weeks ago. People who protested then were protesting Donald Trump, not the flag, not police, nothing else but the first amendment. We need to allow players to do what they believe, instead of forcing them to conform.

Trump should have kept his god damn mouth shut and the story wouldn't have happened, or at least to the effect that it did. Yes, media outlets look for stories. Don't blame them. Maybe Trump could have said "I don't agree with it, but they are allowed to protest." if it was brought up.

The hypocrisy angers me. I hope that we can all agree that we would rather have a protester on our team over a member of the KKK, or someone who beats their wives. Donald Trump and Jerry Jones do not agree.
10/9/2017 5:19 PM
No cursing please.
10/9/2017 5:19 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 2:18:00 PM (view original):

some people eventually were banned for long term attacks so it didnt matter anymore what they posted.
10/9/2017 5:20 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 5:17:00 PM (view original):
Not sure which NFL you watch, but I've seen a lot of protesters playing. One guy, who had been benched due to marginal competency, opted out of the last year of his contract where he stood to earn $16.9 million. If that doesn't show he lacks the judgment to be a starting NFL QB, I'm not sure what does.

So there's 1 unemployed protester. And you can't think of 1 NFL racist, rapist, or murderer whose unemployed? the media loves people who don't research or think for themselves. click $, click $, click $
Ummm if, say, Taco Charlton kneeled, he won't play. Greg Hardy would have if he were still around.

Your argument does not make sense to me. There are more people who have raped women than who have protested. I am not talking about Kaepernick. I am talking about Jerry Jones saying he will bench players who don't stand.
10/9/2017 5:22 PM
i think it is great that you are running your thread as a moderator.......keeping out nasty posting........i support you for that...it is your thread and you have certain rights....i obviously fully believe that.
10/9/2017 5:25 PM
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 5:22:00 PM (view original):

Ummm if, say, Taco Charlton kneeled, he won't play. Greg Hardy would have if he were still around.

Your argument does not make sense to me. There are more people who have raped women than who have protested. I am not talking about Kaepernick. I am talking about Jerry Jones saying he will bench players who don't stand.
More rapists than protesters? In the world or in the NFL? If you mean the NFL... wow. Please show me the proof there are more rapists on these teams than kneelers. Because I've seen a LOT of guys kneeling.

Mr. Jones is an employer. A condition of employment with the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) is you stand and honor the flag.

If they don't like it, go work someplace else. Just like the rest of us. Players have the right to free speech; he has he right to hire and fire his employees. The world keeps spinning.
10/9/2017 5:27 PM

You may have seen that VP Pence walked out of the Colts game in Indy today when some of the players knelt during the anthem. He says he refused to watch the flag being disrespected.

I want to make sure you know the whole story. Pence started the day in Vegas. He flew to Indy on Air Force 2, supposedly to attend the game because Peyton Manning's jersey was being retired. But the press was told to stay in the van at the stadium because "there may be an early departure". Sure enough, Pence got up and left after eight minutes. Which was convenient because he had to catch a flight to southern California for a 630pm fundraiser tonight.

So rather than just flying from Vegas to SoCal, Trump had him fly across the country, specifically to be "offended" because he knew some players would kneel, all so he could help drive deeper divisions in the country. AF2 costs $45,000/hr to operate, not to mention the costs of the motorcades and other support. Plus he stole all the attention from Peyton Manning's big day. This may be one of Trump's most craven stunts yet, and that's saying something.

Pence even posted a selfie with his wife from the game. Except it was faked. They reposted a photo from three years ago and implied it was taken in those eight minutes while he was waiting to be insulted.

10/9/2017 6:08 PM
I'm not sure I agree with all of your assumptions. Certainly, Pence may have known there was a high likelihood of offensive protests, so I am not surprised that was thinking ahead. He is the VP after all.

Was it all posturing? I am not convinced. Retiring Peyton's number is kind of a big deal in Indiana, and Peyton is a supporter of Pence.

I do agree that flying around the country on taxpayer money for non-office-pertinent events is total BS. There is no way I support any office holder using taxpayer funds to attend party/candidate campaign events, etc. I thought that when Obama was flying around for fundraisers, and I think it now.
10/9/2017 6:51 PM
Man! Not convinced.......... lol

Just look at the photo he twitted.............. Pence's wife's jersey.............
Some of you apologists will keep right on defending this nutjob until he's hanged for treason.........
He pretty much said the same thing himself with his I could kill a guy on 5th avenue comment............
Hitler had lots of "believers" too............. right up until the end.
10/9/2017 7:09 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 5:27:00 PM (view original):
Posted by tangplay on 10/9/2017 5:22:00 PM (view original):

More rapists than protesters? In the world or in the NFL? If you mean the NFL... wow. Please show me the proof there are more rapists on these teams than kneelers. Because I've seen a LOT of guys kneeling.

Mr. Jones is an employer. A condition of employment with the Dallas Cowboys (America's Team) is you stand and honor the flag.

If they don't like it, go work someplace else. Just like the rest of us. Players have the right to free speech; he has he right to hire and fire his employees. The world keeps spinning.
Except the players right to free speech is being infringed in my opinion. They should not get consequences for speaking their mind. Jerry Jones and Donald Trump are free to speak their mind, but they should not threaten.

The fact that Jones is OK with people like Hardy on his team, but not someone who protests is disgusting.

No one likes the Cowboys anyway.
10/9/2017 7:14 PM
Posted by jmcraven74 on 10/9/2017 6:51:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure I agree with all of your assumptions. Certainly, Pence may have known there was a high likelihood of offensive protests, so I am not surprised that was thinking ahead. He is the VP after all.

Was it all posturing? I am not convinced. Retiring Peyton's number is kind of a big deal in Indiana, and Peyton is a supporter of Pence.

I do agree that flying around the country on taxpayer money for non-office-pertinent events is total BS. There is no way I support any office holder using taxpayer funds to attend party/candidate campaign events, etc. I thought that when Obama was flying around for fundraisers, and I think it now.
Uhhh Pence had something else planned. He knew he was gonna leave early. It was clearly a PR stunt.
10/9/2017 7:16 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...20 Next ▸
Faux Outrage, Silly Tantrums, & a Nation for Sale Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.