Ridiculous result Topic

Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 8:15:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/8/2017 8:08:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 8:04:00 PM (view original):
You should care about how many play. The game is pretty dependent on other users actually playing. Despite what the chronic complainers think, the game isn't designed for one user.
I want to play a competitive, multi-player game with other users who value competition and good gameplay. I care not only about how many, but the makeup and values of the people playing. I would rather not play with whales, or any version of gamer who wants a game that can be gamed into success in perpetuity. And I certainly don’t want to play a game that caters to them.
You played the previous version for quite awhile that you claim catered to this type of gamer. It wasn't a problem for you then?

If this really is true, you would have stopped playing HD long before 3.0 was released.
LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I did quit. It was a problem for me.
10/8/2017 8:17 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 8:17:00 PM (view original):
You should care about how many play. The game is pretty dependent on other users actually playing. Despite what the chronic complainers think, the game isn't designed for one user.
I want to play a competitive, multi-player game with other users who value competition and good gameplay. I care not only about how many, but the makeup and values of the people playing. I would rather not play with whales, or any version of gamer who wants a game that can be gamed into success in perpetuity. And I certainly don’t want to play a game that caters to them.
You played the previous version for quite awhile that you claim catered to this type of gamer. It wasn't a problem for you then?

If this really is true, you would have stopped playing HD long before 3.0 was released.
LOOK AT ME!!! LOOK AT MEEEEEEEEE!!!!!

I did quit. It was a problem for me.
Yeah you did.

but why didn't poopman?
10/8/2017 8:18 PM
Not only did he not quit but he took over his son's account to play more.
10/8/2017 8:19 PM
I can't speak for shoepoop3. But I went to HBD. Without that, I may have played the flawed HD1 but moved back to LaSalle or Elon where I enjoyed limited success but knew my place. I was unable to accept a recruit in my backyard would choose UNC/Duke over VaTech.
10/8/2017 8:22 PM
To be clear, shoe help me a lot early on but I own my business. There is a point where shutting the doors is more practical. That's why, as users, would should want other users to enjoy the game. So I'm not sure if he doesn't know this, is fine just finding another game to play or saying "I'm not interested in internet games."
10/8/2017 8:28 PM

It was a problem for me, as I’ve said on a number occasions, I was cutting back teams when 3.0 was announced. I put up with rebuilding two doormats because I’m stubborn and competitive, mostly. But the snowball was pushing me out. A whole bunch of seasons in a row, my top targets were sniped at signing cycle by teams who had already locked in a full class of superstars with no challenges, and then dropped lovebombs of, in some cases, over 100 HVs. I was - and am - happy to pay for the game, but i wanted the recruiting process to be competitive, not formulaic. It’s safe to say I would not be playing D1 anymore, had 3.0 not been announced. And I’d have gotten very bored with the D2 game, no one signs up to play a college basketball coaching game with Abilene Christian as their destination job.
10/8/2017 8:58 PM
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
To be clear, shoe help me a lot early on but I own my business. There is a point where shutting the doors is more practical. That's why, as users, would should want other users to enjoy the game. So I'm not sure if he doesn't know this, is fine just finding another game to play or saying "I'm not interested in internet games."
If you believe I don’t want others to enjoy the game, you’re buying benis’s turd sandwiches, and I think you’re too smart for that. I want others to enjoy *this* game. Not the game that used to be. Not the game the people who just can’t tolerate not getting everything they want every time want to play. That’s why I don’t give up on players in my conferences, like js, fd, OR, etc, or guys I used to compete against like mully. I know those are smart, competitive guys like me, and I fully believe they should - or at least can - enjoy this game as much as I do. Sometimes it takes just a couple small perception shifts to turn it around, like not treating the considering list as a hard and fast list of who the recruit prefers, but instead as a 3rd party account of where it looks like he’s leaning. Hell, that’s why I put up with benis&co dipshittery and keep engaging on the forums long past the point of rational caring, instead of ignoring it all and playing the game I want to play. I want people to enjoy this game.

All that said, at least many hundreds of people do. The D1 conferences I play in are all pretty full and competitive now. And I have some good rivalries in D2 keeping me interested there. I don’t think the sky is anywhere near falling.
10/8/2017 9:16 PM
Turd sandwiches
dipshittery

well that's not nice.
10/8/2017 9:18 PM
Have I ever given you the impression I care about nice? I didn’t mean to. I’m from Minnesota, it doesn’t mean what everyone else thinks it means.
10/8/2017 9:22 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 7:14:00 PM (view original):
Seeing the chronic crybabies leave is a win. If I say "hell" in this forum, someone reports me. Possibly you. This is the biggest whiny, crybaby forum on WifS. Every game action is designed to personally ruin their game. Most of the posters here have the testosterone of a 9 y/o girl. I'm just not saddened to see them take their ball and go home.
Harsh ...

... but true.
10/8/2017 10:17 PM
Posted by l80r20 on 10/8/2017 10:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 10/8/2017 3:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 3:06:00 PM (view original):
Posted by shoe3 on 10/8/2017 3:02:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/8/2017 2:58:00 PM (view original):
If a CEO of a company came out and told me that our product isn't selling because the consumer doesn't want to adjust - I'd sell my stock so fast I wouldn't even care how much I was selling it for.
You’re not a shareholder, so this is obfuscation. If you like it, play. If you don’t, find something else.

If you want to argue for changes, then discuss on the merits of those changes. Falling back on “look how many people left” is asinine. It’s not your job to worry about how many other people play.
Keep sticking your head in the sand poopman.

I've argued plenty for changes and stated many times what benefits I think they'll bring.
You aren’t a game developer, benis. You don’t think about the game beyond your own nose. The changes you argue for are generally very bad, outside of the occasional slam dunk that virtually everyone gets right, like the considering list.

My head isn’t in the sand. This game is much better than the predecessor. It’s more competitive, and more realistic. Yes, even when oddities like the OP occur. Because it is more realistic for the #50 pg in the country to go D2 when a couple D1s kinda sorta would like to have him than it is for any D1 team to go to the final 4 8 years in a row, or for any D1 team to be comprised entirely of NBA caliber players, or for any D1 to recruit a class full of 4-5 star players with no serious challengers.

Stewdog got a class of 2 5-stars and a 4-star, and is complaining - threatening to quit entirely - because he lost out on one. Give me a break. When games get dominated by whales like that, it is the developers responsibility to adjust the game to promote good competitive gameplay. That is literally the job of the developer of online multi-player games. If those players don’t want to adjust, they can find other waters to swim in. We are not obligated to accept a less-competitive and less realistic simulation simply because there are a lot of people who liked it the old way.
zorzii, if you understand this post, please come up with an intelligent response that reveals the depth of your understanding.

If you do not have a clue, as I suspect, then let out with one final stupid response, and then zip it yourself.

And if you really want to do everyone a favor, take that run-at-the-mouth idiot-child Benis with you.
What post Spud? Yours or what you've linked?
10/8/2017 11:04 PM
Not Spud. And you've already chosen the second alternative, as I expected. 'bye.
10/9/2017 12:55 AM
I read your post Spud. I agree with what you've said and would be enclined to go with it if it wasn't from the key logical flaw in your argument : making it as if D2 was competing against D1. It's not, only recruiting does that but during the season, it's two separate games.

Second : 3.0 has created niche location like LA teams but it still needs a hell of a coach to make it work and win many nts in a row. In the game right now, only two are able to do that, and in 2.0, only three had the talent. It takes quite a bit of skills... So nobody really can't pull it off consistently. It's a non issue and if the changed were made to prevent this, I went too much on the luck factor and it's been discouraging other coaches more than it's been stopping talented coaches from winning. Heck, some are having their best streak as we speak.

With that said, less random in ees, recruiting challenged players and some sort of cap to avoid overlapped illogical battles would be welcomed. The game is already a bit more towards what you expect Spud, fixing the oddities would only make it better.
10/9/2017 6:34 AM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/8/2017 9:16:00 PM (view original):
Posted by MikeT23 on 10/8/2017 8:28:00 PM (view original):
If you believe I don’t want others to enjoy the game, you’re buying benis’s turd sandwiches, and I think you’re too smart for that. I want others to enjoy *this* game. Not the game that used to be. Not the game the people who just can’t tolerate not getting everything they want every time want to play. That’s why I don’t give up on players in my conferences, like js, fd, OR, etc, or guys I used to compete against like mully. I know those are smart, competitive guys like me, and I fully believe they should - or at least can - enjoy this game as much as I do. Sometimes it takes just a couple small perception shifts to turn it around, like not treating the considering list as a hard and fast list of who the recruit prefers, but instead as a 3rd party account of where it looks like he’s leaning. Hell, that’s why I put up with benis&co dipshittery and keep engaging on the forums long past the point of rational caring, instead of ignoring it all and playing the game I want to play. I want people to enjoy this game.

All that said, at least many hundreds of people do. The D1 conferences I play in are all pretty full and competitive now. And I have some good rivalries in D2 keeping me interested there. I don’t think the sky is anywhere near falling.
Wow. Cold medicine did me in from a grammar standpoint. But, somehow, you managed to address my intended point.

You've said, several times, that you aren't concerned if other users like the game. Perhaps I misunderstood or you misspoke but you and I both know that other users have to like the game or they won't play. And, if they don't play, the time comes when it's just better to put out the "Closed" sign. That's all I was getting at.

benis probably reported your post. That's what happened the last time I was a little too insulting towards him. Short response, report.
10/9/2017 7:31 AM
◂ Prev 1...9|10|11|12 Next ▸
Ridiculous result Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.