Ridiculous result Topic

You have no way of knowing that.

and suspending belief for a minute and pretend this is a real person. You're saying some kid has the chance to play 15+ mpg as a FR at a program like duke or kentucky but chooses not to because he's worried that he won't play the following season.

No.
10/7/2017 12:02 PM
Want to play in front of 70,000 screaming fans at the final four which is watched on TV by millions?

Nah, I'd rather play in front of 550 fans every night at LeMoyne.
10/7/2017 12:05 PM
that's not my point..my point is there ARE players who do not want to play for a duke or a kentucky for whatever reason..
10/7/2017 12:06 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
akron was a d3 level program when i attended in the late 60's..the program recruited d1 level local players who, for whatever reasons, had no intention for playing at a duke, no matter how much attention they received from that school..sounds crazy, but i am not going to judge one's reasons for the decisions they make..right or wrong, by my standards..or yours..
according to admin 3.0 was.. "Scouting and recruiting have been overhauled to better represent the actual real-life process, simplify the start-of-season learning curve for new users, and improve the overall gameplay for our veteran coaches."
you may not agree that the results are as intended, but that's why we talk about it in these forum topic discussions.
10/7/2017 12:26 PM (edited)
Posted by franklynne on 10/7/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
akron was a d3 level program when i attended in the late 60's..the program recruited d1 level local players who, for whatever reasons, had no intention for playing at a duke, no matter how much attention they received from that school..sounds crazy, but i am not going to judge one's reasons for the decisions they make..right or wrong, by my standards..or yours..
I don't know what you are arguing about Franklynne but it's beside the point.
10/7/2017 12:22 PM
Posted by zorzii on 10/7/2017 12:22:00 PM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 10/7/2017 12:16:00 PM (view original):
I don't know what you are arguing about Franklynne but it's beside the point.
college basketball has changed a tad in the last 50 years.
10/7/2017 12:24 PM
stewdog's point is that a high level di recruit should "never" lose to to a d2 school when big6 di level school recruits him\her..i say never say never..
10/7/2017 12:35 PM
Was the D2 coach a paying customer? He'd have probably been just as disappointed to lose the recruit. Maybe more. Weird, huh?
10/7/2017 12:36 PM
Posted by franklynne on 10/7/2017 12:35:00 PM (view original):
stewdog's point is that a high level di recruit should "never" lose to to a d2 school when big6 di level school recruits him\her..i say never say never..
I'm not sure if he said never ever.

He put 15 min promise, 7 HVs, 1 CV.

That is pretty significant effort. An A+ D1 team should NEVER lose to a B+ D2 team if they put that kind of effort.
10/7/2017 12:39 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 12:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by franklynne on 10/7/2017 12:35:00 PM (view original):
I'm not sure if he said never ever.

He put 15 min promise, 7 HVs, 1 CV.

That is pretty significant effort. An A+ D1 team should NEVER lose to a B+ D2 team if they put that kind of effort.
Not to mention he has 4 favorable preferences and zero unfavorable.

10/7/2017 12:40 PM
Posted by franklynne on 10/7/2017 12:26:00 PM (view original):
according to admin 3.0 was.. "Scouting and recruiting have been overhauled to better represent the actual real-life process, simplify the start-of-season learning curve for new users, and improve the overall gameplay for our veteran coaches."
you may not agree that the results are as intended, but that's why we talk about it in these forum topic discussions.
Akron was D2 in the 60s.
10/7/2017 1:06 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
It’s not hurting the game, it’s changing the game. Players who don’t adjust their expectations and gameplay are bound to be frustrated.

The unrealistic part to me is not that a team 5 prestige levels down could have a chance if their effort was much higher (and we can presume it was, I think). What is entirely unrealistic here is if the only other team to really challenge for a recruit good enough for an A+ team to promise minutes to is a D2. Coaches of high prestige teams were accustomed to winning those recruits with no challenge. That was the gameplay problem 3.0 intended to fix.

It is actually working as intended. This has been the game for over a year now. If you haven’t adjusted, that’s a user issue of gameplay and expectations, not a fault of the system.
10/7/2017 1:35 PM
I've adjusted. I still think it's dumb and makes for bad gameplay.
10/7/2017 1:41 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I've adjusted. I still think it's dumb and makes for bad gameplay.
You’re entitled to your opinion. You’re also entitled to stop playing. You’re not entitled to be awarded the most valuable commodities with no challenge simply because others are too risk averse to compete for them.
10/7/2017 1:45 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4...12 Next ▸
Ridiculous result Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.