Ridiculous result Topic

Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I've adjusted. I still think it's dumb and makes for bad gameplay.
You’re entitled to your opinion. You’re also entitled to stop playing. You’re not entitled to be awarded the most valuable commodities with no challenge simply because others are too risk averse to compete for them.
Who said no challenge?

The OP put in promises, 7 HVs and 1 CV. That's not enough to be considered a challenge?
10/7/2017 1:46 PM
Wait.

So because people who are playing this game are wimps and don't want to battle, the system needs to artificially create challenges. LOL.
10/7/2017 1:49 PM
I mean, how much more does Seble need to do here with neutering high prestige teams to get people to want to battle at D1?
10/7/2017 1:52 PM
Does anyone beside me believe we get the same gripe/threat if it's D1 Elon?

"What kid would bypass minutes from a perpetual Final Four team to go play at Elon? That's just stupid and I'm done with HD!!!"
10/7/2017 1:54 PM
The fact there is an argument on whether an A+ D1 school should lose to a B+ D2 is a joke
10/7/2017 2:05 PM
It's a sim game. The other school is a paying customer as well.

Now answer the question. Because, IMO, a perpetual Final Four team losing a battle to Elon is the same damn thing.
10/7/2017 2:09 PM
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
"So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter."

I must have missed that. What did WIS do to punish him? And for what? I'm not sure I believe it. Heck, they didn't even punish thewizard for his admitted cheating.

I even unblocked all of Benis' posts in this thread and still don't see where WIS punished stewdog.
10/7/2017 2:14 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 1:46:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:45:00 PM (view original):
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 1:41:00 PM (view original):
I've adjusted. I still think it's dumb and makes for bad gameplay.
You’re entitled to your opinion. You’re also entitled to stop playing. You’re not entitled to be awarded the most valuable commodities with no challenge simply because others are too risk averse to compete for them.
Who said no challenge?

The OP put in promises, 7 HVs and 1 CV. That's not enough to be considered a challenge?
Stewdog bid what he thought the recruit was worth (15 minutes and no start, well less than half the visits available). The challenger most likely bid a lot more. In the old system, Stewdog would likely not have been challenged, if he was on from the start, as he says. Even now, the only team to step up was a D2, which is the truly unrealistic part of this battle. If another Big 6 school seriously challenges, then effort from both probably pushes the D2 out of the picture.

In this case, the boldness of the D2 pays off, as he sets the price, and Stewdog declines to overmatch it, and no one else steps up. It’s a big gamble, but that’s how gameplay works, risks and rewards.
10/7/2017 2:23 PM (edited)
Benis don't respond. Its not worth the time
10/7/2017 2:24 PM
Posted by cubcub113 on 10/7/2017 2:24:00 PM (view original):
Some bitter people on here who have a grudge against the high prestige coaches from 2.0
10/7/2017 2:29 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 2:29:00 PM (view original):
Some bitter people on here who have a grudge against the high prestige coaches from 2.0
Refusing to engage in the discussion, and reverting to lukewarm snark and personal attacks, per usual, speaks volumes regarding the strength of your position.
10/7/2017 2:36 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Refusing to engage in the discussion, and reverting to lukewarm snark and personal attacks, per usual, speaks volumes regarding the strength of your position.
Yup.

You guys already won. You whined enough so Seble gave you the illogical game you wanted. Congrats.
10/7/2017 2:39 PM
For what it's worth - B prestige Penn St was also in on the battle for this guy and had a scholly offered.

So no, stewdog was not 'unchallenged'. sorry.
10/7/2017 2:42 PM
Posted by Benis on 10/7/2017 2:39:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 2:36:00 PM (view original):
Yup.

You guys already won. You whined enough so Seble gave you the illogical game you wanted. Congrats.
It’s not illogical. There is a point at which D1 A+ effort completely overmatches all-in effort from any opponent starting at about 2 full prestige grades below, taking them out of signing range. The farther down the opponent, the less effort required to completely overmatch it. I don’t know exactly what that amount is for 5 full prestige grades, but it’s quite a bit below all-in effort. Stewdog didn’t meet it, though he certainly could have, if the recruit was enough of a priority.

I’m not a big fan of the commodity based resource allocation model for a college sports sim, but that is what it is. As long as it’s going to be a commodity game, prioritization and effort have to mean something.
10/7/2017 2:46 PM
A D2 team beating an ELITE D1 team for a recruit that they promised minutes to, did a campus visit and visited their home 7 times is illogical and unrealistic. If this game is supposed to simulate real life, then it's doing a poor job of it.

If you don't care about those things, then I guess you like this type of game.
10/7/2017 2:49 PM
◂ Prev 1|2|3|4|5...12 Next ▸
Ridiculous result Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.