Ridiculous result Topic

Did the recruit have a preference of Wants Rebuild?
10/7/2017 5:26 PM
Posted by plague on 10/7/2017 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps there is a hidden preference that is not listed...Wants DII.
10/7/2017 5:28 PM
Posted by gomiami1972 on 10/7/2017 5:28:00 PM (view original):
Posted by plague on 10/7/2017 5:26:00 PM (view original):
Perhaps there is a hidden preference that is not listed...Wants DII.
Ha. One of the most common desires of a teenage basketball player.

But no Plague - he wanted success.
10/7/2017 5:33 PM
"This happened early after 3.0 release, but I don’t remember the specifics, or who it happened to. I remember encouraging to check with CS to see what happened, if that was a glitch, or intended; never heard back. "

If this is true then that is hilarious.
10/7/2017 5:34 PM
This post has a rating of , which is below the default threshold.
You could make a legitimate case that the effort Stewdog put forth should have put him at least even with the D2 school. But before I get behind that, there are some factors I’d like clarified, such as AP differential; also exactly when his visits were done related to when the recruit signed, and what the recruit’s signing preference was, because this may actually be a bug instead of a feature, if his visits weren’t processed.
10/7/2017 6:45 PM
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
It’s not hurting the game, it’s changing the game. Players who don’t adjust their expectations and gameplay are bound to be frustrated.

The unrealistic part to me is not that a team 5 prestige levels down could have a chance if their effort was much higher (and we can presume it was, I think). What is entirely unrealistic here is if the only other team to really challenge for a recruit good enough for an A+ team to promise minutes to is a D2. Coaches of high prestige teams were accustomed to winning those recruits with no challenge. That was the gameplay problem 3.0 intended to fix.

It is actually working as intended. This has been the game for over a year now. If you haven’t adjusted, that’s a user issue of gameplay and expectations, not a fault of the system.
I agree....so do the other 500 coaches who have left the game in the 9 worlds since 3.0 rolled out.
WIS hasn't adjusted......and now we have 65% SIM worlds now.....great thinking.
10/7/2017 6:55 PM
LOL.

"I was listed at moderate and didn't win. WTF is wrong with this game?"
10/7/2017 7:29 PM
So the player in question was the #50 ranked PG, outside the top 300 overall. The other players GA Tech recruited this cycle were two 5 stars and a 4 star, for the 15th ranked class so far. If I were a D-II team and familiar with the quality of players stewdog typically recruits, i might've made a run at the player. As the coach at Missouri, I DID make a run at him. 60 AP, a schollie, a CV and 20 minutes which got me ..... to Very Low.

The guy is a PG prospect, but isn't a flawless player.
10/7/2017 7:41 PM
You really are missing the point of this thread.

As with poopman I would also be interested in the AP comparison just to see if it was outrageously in favor of the DII team.
10/7/2017 7:58 PM
Posted by davefilby on 10/7/2017 7:41:00 PM (view original):
So the player in question was the #50 ranked PG, outside the top 300 overall. The other players GA Tech recruited this cycle were two 5 stars and a 4 star, for the 15th ranked class so far. If I were a D-II team and familiar with the quality of players stewdog typically recruits, i might've made a run at the player. As the coach at Missouri, I DID make a run at him. 60 AP, a schollie, a CV and 20 minutes which got me ..... to Very Low.

The guy is a PG prospect, but isn't a flawless player.
Not much of a run..
10/7/2017 8:00 PM
The HD forum is Clown Town. You put minimal effort into a guy, get all the way to moderate, then come here to complain. To make it worse, half a dozen users say "That's crap. You should get the recruit."

You want the recruit? Recruit him like you want him.
10/7/2017 8:12 PM
Posted by mullycj on 10/7/2017 6:55:00 PM (view original):
Posted by pkoopman on 10/7/2017 1:35:00 PM (view original):
Posted by chapelhillne on 10/7/2017 12:07:00 PM (view original):
I agree totally with Stewdog. I think this is really hurting the game. It's a big reason I am cutting down from a high of 10 teams (every world). For those that say it is not good for the game for a team to go to the final 4 75% of the time, it's not because the game is causing those teams to go there. It is because Stewdog is a great coach. So, he is basically being punished because he is a good recruiter. Every coach has the same chance to build a good program, and ones that are able to do it should not be punished. For those that have not been able to do it, the idea is to study how to be a better recruiter and game planner so that you can get to that level, not bring the successful coaches down. I still do not know what the solution is totally, but a start would be to make D1 teams much more powerful than D2 teams. It would not be nearly so frustrating to lose to a lower level D1 team.
It’s not hurting the game, it’s changing the game. Players who don’t adjust their expectations and gameplay are bound to be frustrated.

The unrealistic part to me is not that a team 5 prestige levels down could have a chance if their effort was much higher (and we can presume it was, I think). What is entirely unrealistic here is if the only other team to really challenge for a recruit good enough for an A+ team to promise minutes to is a D2. Coaches of high prestige teams were accustomed to winning those recruits with no challenge. That was the gameplay problem 3.0 intended to fix.

It is actually working as intended. This has been the game for over a year now. If you haven’t adjusted, that’s a user issue of gameplay and expectations, not a fault of the system.
I agree....so do the other 500 coaches who have left the game in the 9 worlds since 3.0 rolled out.
WIS hasn't adjusted......and now we have 65% SIM worlds now.....great thinking.
they'll be back!!
10/7/2017 8:25 PM
Good riddance. It's like exterminating rats. The rats don't like it but the world is a better place when they're gone.
10/7/2017 8:34 PM
This coming from the guy who says he wants human competition. LMAO
It's these empty worlds that make you mediocre coaches think you are the sh&t.
10/7/2017 9:05 PM
◂ Prev 1...3|4|5|6|7...12 Next ▸
Ridiculous result Topic

Search Criteria

Terms of Use Customer Support Privacy Statement

© 1999-2024 WhatIfSports.com, Inc. All rights reserved. WhatIfSports is a trademark of WhatIfSports.com, Inc. SimLeague, SimMatchup and iSimNow are trademarks or registered trademarks of Electronic Arts, Inc. Used under license. The names of actual companies and products mentioned herein may be the trademarks of their respective owners.